It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US/UK to hold talks about loaner P-8s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The US and UK are in talks about ways to cover the coverage gap the UK will have until their P-8 Poseidons are delivered in 2020. Methods include accelerating delivery of the aircraft, and possibly having two US Navy aircraft available to be operated by British crews.

The talks would also include F-35 costs as well as closer industrial ties between the US and UK.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Always happy when we form stronger bonds with our brothers.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Does the US have enough spares knocking around so to speak to loan a few out? also i'd assume they'll be initially based in US bases here in blighty to allow for training/maintenance and then when ours are ready we'll be easily able to just up sticks and sort it out ourselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

They're still being delivered at a pretty good pace. There were five or six that were either ready for delivery or in the finishing shop and almost ready for delivery when I was at Boeing Field a couple of weeks ago. Having two temporarily removed from the inventory won't hurt any.

Once the first UK aircraft are delivered it'll just be a matter of having a crew fly them back, and transfer over to those aircraft. They might even fly the US aircraft back, hop in the UK aircraft and perform the delivery flight.

edit on 12/12/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/12/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
They will probably reopen RAF kinloss for these aircraft

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I believe they will be based at Lossiemouth.a reply to: Jinn82

new topics

top topics

join