It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Density and Low Density Human Beings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is a subject I have not seen addressed in this site as yet so here it goes. I have observed over the years that people who are raised on organic foods and are raised in rural areas are for the most part of a higher density than their city raised and dwelling counter parts. I have noticed this time and again. I noticed when I first moved to the city from rural Texas to Dallas that the people there looked pretty much the same but had some remarkable differences. A man my size ran into me in a convenience store one day and I totally flattened him but I hardly noticed. He was upset but respectful and he reached and patted my shoulder. He acted like he had hit a brick wall and winced from the effort.

I thought little of this since I had no reference to this experience. It was just days after this I that had found a temporary job stacking pallets of Country Crock in a Dallas warehouse. I loaded a pallet without working up a sweat in less than a quarter of the time as any other person on the line. I was accurate and quick in stacking and wrapping and I noticed that the package printer was not working right. It was not a complicated system and I found the clog point and fixed it without even thinking of it. A manager watching me work pulled me to the side and fired me on the spot. I ask why and he said I was bad for moral. Just as he was firing me a worker on the line got caught in a conveyor line at the box loading dock just on the other side of the warehouse. He was pulled along by his safety belt for several feet while everyone was running for the emergency stop. I ran toward him and bent the pin he was caught on 90 degrees out and pulled him free. Several seconds later the first person made it over to the emergency switch. I was called into the manager's office and subsequently fired for damage to company property. Every manager tried to bend that pin back. It was 3/4" 304 stainless steel. As I walked off the site I went to the line and bent that pin back. Not perfect but serviceable.

I became aware that even if we look like each other some of us grow up to become higher density humans than others. It is a matter of growing up with mineral dense foods and of course lower toxins and harder muscle work for our whole lives. People are always telling me I am stronger than I look, faster than I look, or heavier than I look. It is a phenomena I have observed for many years. Some of us are simply made from denser and tougher material even when we look the same. From a survival perspective country kids do better than most. I have picked up skinny 7 year old girls in country areas that are 30% heavier than the same size and shape city kids. It is a real phenomenon that should be further explored I think.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Muscle weighs more than fat. And city people tend to be sedentary compared to rural ones. So the phenomenon is real but not a crazy one.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
population density is very important.
there was a nice experiment i remember:
two cans with water and frogs in there.
can 1: population density like would be normal in nature.
can 2: three times more frogs.

the frogs in can 1 developed normal whereas the frogs in can 2 were significantly smaller and even hadn't fully developed sexual organs.

living in cities with masses of people in a relative small area is not as intended by nature and will have adverse side effects.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
You just described the US.

The change from labor to desk jobs, the evolution to fat America.

I hear what your saying about the density in active muscles.

The cooler phenomenon, that few realize, is that you can almost draw a fan out from major cities and the further you go out from the center, the higher your quality of life is, to a point.

Reduced stress, heathier food and you get more exercise to maintain the peace and privacy.

The work put in doesnt feel like work. You are directly rewarded,

I feel sorry for people who are stuck in the concrete jungle their whole lives.
Coming from the midwest, to a big city, the quality of life took a massive nose dive.
Crime, constant road rage, rude people, everyone looking for their angle.
It really makes you re-evaluate what is important.

Sorry if I drifted the thread, but I think these factors all tie together into what you are saying about generally better health conditions.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: edit

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

A "can do" attitude/approach has no weight that can be measured by a machine. Only the mind can do that.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
So why not just eat right, take vitamins, and get exercise? Bro, do you even lift? Lol, j/k. But there's ways around that in the city if you actually want to have some muscle.

I've always been built kind of wirey, tall, big bones, very little fat. I dont lift weights but im constantly using my muscles repetitively for other tasks, and until i moved to a bad part of town, I was walking miles almost every day. I have a mild scoliosis but my back muscles are beast, I can actually pick up some pretty heavy stuff and carry it for weighing 150lbs and being 6'1 or so.

Unfortunately all my joints snap crackle pop really easily, say if i kneel down my knees will make a snap noise, but its never hurt once and ive had it most of my life. My actual knee joints look huge though.
edit on 12/12/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It was 3/4" 304 stainless steel.

Sorry, I can't get this out of my mind. Let me ask, this pin, you say it was 304 ss and it was marked as such or did you fabricate the pin before you began working there? Plus, sorry again, you bent this 3/4 in pin? With what and how long was this pin?

I have to warn you though, frequently picking up 7 year old skinny girls in the country or city is usually frowned upon. Other than that, pretty interesting views. Thanks.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

self agrandising bull# is not even internally consistent

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
can't speak for the OP but there are people "denser" than the average joe.

like me. I am 5'4" 200+ lbs. ok I got 10- 15 pounds of fat I should loose but the rest is muscle and dense, dense bone.

I'm sorta built like Fred Flintstone. all of my friends are 5'11" to 6'3". all of them fairly strong, being either contractors on building sites or martial artists. guess who their go to strong man is? guess who weighs more than nearly all of them? I'm literally stronger, heavier, more rugged and "denser" than all of them. am I making this up? am I aggrandizing? no.

here's my secret. as a kid I had a pituitary defect. wasn't producing enough growth hormone. doctors and family feared I'd end up some where around 4'11" - 5'0" so they put me on something called protropin. took it from the age of 8 to 16. when kids are hitting 8ish or so their body stops producing muscle and bone fibers and that's the number per volume you are stuck with for life. wanna get bigger and stronger you will have to break those fibers and heal them making them larger but not more numerous.

I got to, because of the protropin, continue to develop new muscle and bone fibers adding to number per volume, which normally doesn't occur.

so as an adult I AM more 'dense" literally than what should be. I'm 5'4". when i was at my "fighting weight" ranging from 183- 189 lbs I had 12-15 percent fat. so I was fairly lean and yet I shoulda only weighed 155 or so for a guy of my build and height. but there I was vastly stronger and heavier than my counterparts or for even guys 6 foot or so.

most people thought I was full of it. then one day a doctor put me on some device where a small current is sent through your body, judging on impedance and stuff they can tell you what your body make up is in regards to bone density, muscle and fat ratios and the amount of water held. turned out that per volume I have 25% more cells, if all types, per volume in my body. I'm literally 25% denser than a normal human being will ever get to, strong man or not.

having dense bone helps too. I used to do and still do on occasion bone tempering the old school way by hitting hard objects. people are generally shocked by how hard I can hit something solid and not get any sort of injury. lots of it comes from supervised training methods by martial arts teachers. a lot of it is because of the protropin.

its an unfair advantage, but like I Said it has its down sides too. I look like Jack black, John baluci and Richard marcinko all had a hobbit love child with a Fred Flintstone body. and despite all of this, the ladies still love me.

so I can't comment on the veracity of OP but I've had friends watch me make horse shoes (literally for a impromptu game of horse shoes) with 14 inch 3/4" rebar on work sites back in my early 30s using just my hands and nothing as a lever. so implausible feats of strength by the unlikely looking is very possible and does happen all the time and the possibility of the OP bending stainless steel, which isnt that strong and is used often because of it's malleability, is there.

some folk either because of nature or nurture ARE more rugged and "dense". being a city guy who until recently worked with my hands one way or another through large chunks of my life do feel the average city dweller is a little soft, and not just physically.
edit on 12-12-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2015 by BASSPLYR because: damn you android auto correct! what us that! that's not even a word you replaced my typing with. it's gibberish. I didn't type that abdroid! see you even screwed up auto correcting your own name!!! F you android auto correct . your programmers shoukd all be shot.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Growing up in AK, having been forged through all kinds of manual labor and harsh weather I have become strong.

When not working I was skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing or practicing MMA.

Nearly all my jobs consisted of heavy lifting and carrying these things all over the place.

I've whooped some self proclaimed badasses butts in wrestling or jui jitzu.

Oh yeah, this whole time I've been very nutrient concious.

I've been called small, or squirrelly (due to being quite limber and agile) I'm 5 9 165 lbs, good BMI. Though I may be small I feel like Hercules right now.

Yep, I like your OP and am proud to be amongst the higher density

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

right there with you. never did get to comment on your MMA fight on the other thread, but I watched the video. you showed a lot of humility on your posts and a lot of talent and potential. the best of luck to you. my first full contact fight in a tournament I got KO'd nearly instantly. so i say excellent work there. you trained hard and it showed. but more impressed with your self reflection and humility about the match and your training. character counts.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Thanks! I'm stoked you saw. A little bummed because I know I could have done so much better and I fear people thinking that was the extent of my abilities. I was so enamored by the cage I forgot to think lol.

NO EXCUSES though, my opponent put in the work and earned his victory.

Ill certainly be back, I want a healthy record before I stop stepping in there. Next fight will probably be after I return from the trooper academy

On getting KOed instantly, I felt that would be my outcome in round two, didn't want that so I verbally tapped and took my bloodied eyes and nose home simply happy I stepped in there.

ETA: that was an awesome and kind reply to me Bass. Means a lot and u rock.
edit on 12-12-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

It was a food conveyance device. They are required to be made from food grade stainless. It is low carbon steel so not as hard as carbon steel. It is actually more malleable than you might think.

I have to warn you though, frequently picking up 7 year old skinny girls in the country or city is usually frowned upon. Other than that, pretty interesting views.

Her dad was the first person to suggest this concept to me. I went out to his place to work with him installing a solar panel system. His kids were raised on home grown foods, drank goats milk, ran around constantly, climbed trees. He suggested I pick up his 7 year old and sure enough that little girl was far heavier for her size than my niece of the same size and age who was raised in the city.

edit on 12pm2015-12-12T12:05:46-06:00120512America/Chicago051231 by machineintelligence because: errata

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
Muscle weighs more than fat. And city people tend to be sedentary compared to rural ones. So the phenomenon is real but not a crazy one.

About 70% of the population in America would die off rather quickly due to lack of physical abilities. Its also like Walking Dead where one person runs and shoots killing 100s of walkers and another person just stands there quivering and dies. I think the stand there and quiver is about 70% of the population...lol

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's just the farm boy thing. You work hard labor early always got that strength to a degree for life. I worked manual labor as a kid on construction sites since earliest memories. Even as a scrawny teen I had a much higher work capacity than anyone around me. I don't have the same absolute strength as some of the big boys, but have a mental edge to keep pace and push through where most others quit.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
some folk either because of nature or nurture ARE more rugged and "dense". being a city guy who until recently worked with my hands one way or another through large chunks of my life do feel the average city dweller is a little soft, and not just physically.

I eat right and workout while having a active life. Even as I approach 60 I'm strong as hell (still bench 275) and can run 3 miles in about 22 minutes without pushing the old ticker. Like you I'm a big guy 6'5" 280 but most people would say I way 240 or less. A big part of it is the mind too as to who will make it or not. Back in survival school they talked about an extreme case of a man who walked 1 month on frozen legs with his will to live and he did live minus his legs, hands, ears, nose etc.

edit on 12-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
can't speak for the OP but there are people "denser" than the average joe.

like me. I am 5'4" 200+ lbs. ok I got 10- 15 pounds of fat I should loose but the rest is muscle and dense, dense bone.

I'm sorta built like Fred Flintstone. all of my friends are 5'11" to 6'3". all of them fairly strong, being either contractors on building sites or martial artists. guess who their go to strong man is? guess who weighs more than nearly all of them? I'm literally stronger, heavier, more rugged and "denser" than all of them. am I making this up? am I aggrandizing? no.

here's my secret. as a kid I had a pituitary defect. wasn't producing enough growth hormone. doctors and family feared I'd end up some where around 4'11" - 5'0" so they put me on something called protropin. took it from the age of 8 to 16. when kids are hitting 8ish or so their body stops producing muscle and bone fibers and that's the number per volume you are stuck with for life. wanna get bigger and stronger you will have to break those fibers and heal them making them larger but not more numerous.

I got to, because of the protropin, continue to develop new muscle and bone fibers adding to number per volume, which normally doesn't occur.

so as an adult I AM more 'dense" literally than what should be. I'm 5'4". when i was at my "fighting weight" ranging from 183- 189 lbs I had 12-15 percent fat. so I was fairly lean and yet I shoulda only weighed 155 or so for a guy of my build and height. but there I was vastly stronger and heavier than my counterparts or for even guys 6 foot or so.

most people thought I was full of it. then one day a doctor put me on some device where a small current is sent through your body, judging on impedance and stuff they can tell you what your body make up is in regards to bone density, muscle and fat ratios and the amount of water held. turned out that per volume I have 25% more cells, if all types, per volume in my body. I'm literally 25% denser than a normal human being will ever get to, strong man or not.

having dense bone helps too. I used to do and still do on occasion bone tempering the old school way by hitting hard objects. people are generally shocked by how hard I can hit something solid and not get any sort of injury. lots of it comes from supervised training methods by martial arts teachers. a lot of it is because of the protropin.

its an unfair advantage, but like I Said it has its down sides too. I look like Jack black, John baluci and Richard marcinko all had a hobbit love child with a Fred Flintstone body. and despite all of this, the ladies still love me.

so I can't comment on the veracity of OP but I've had friends watch me make horse shoes (literally for a impromptu game of horse shoes) with 14 inch 3/4" rebar on work sites back in my early 30s using just my hands and nothing as a lever. so implausible feats of strength by the unlikely looking is very possible and does happen all the time and the possibility of the OP bending stainless steel, which isnt that strong and is used often because of it's malleability, is there.

Just went back and read this post, it was a good one and you sir sound like a beast.

A few years ago I was working with a new moving crew and these dudes had weekly underground mma training (mostly jitz) in a garage. They invited me, said they had the perfect match for me, I was nervous but have never been one to back down.

This night, just jui jitzu.

The first two guys I tore right through them and won each with a rear naked choke in the first minute or two.

The third guy, well this boy was built just the way I'm imagining you after reading that reply.

I held my own for a good duration of seconds, until my confidence deteriorated and he sunk in a nasty guillotine. I tapped and the freakin dude didn't let go right away! I don't like it when competitors do that. It's a sport of discipline and respect.

Point is, for the thread, there are certainly people of varying density. Also if a dude looks like a tank, he can probably destroy you, lol.
edit on 12-12-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ringdingdong

It's just the farm boy thing. You work hard labor early always got that strength to a degree for life

That is part of what I am relaying in this thread. You remember in Smallville the whole farm boy Clark Kent being a superman. Perhaps the lesson is about high density country raised folks being of a higher density than the city folks. This I think was part of the inspiration for that superman story. To make the story less threatening it was told as a kind of SciFi story out of context by making the farm boy an alien from a high gravity planet with a Red Sun. The real story may have been closer to my experience. Those from environments with higher bio-energy, and higher mineral density foods that also experience a greater muscle workload overall are different in significant ways as our city dwelling cousins.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Well, I think some of your wording is a bit aetheric and not all too scientific, but can convert that a bit and add in a more scientific approach.

The more you repeat a movement with a higher intensity of muscle activation the more you increase neuromuscular efficiency. That means the signalling is stronger. The more you push your body past prior perceived breaking points not only will you have physical adaptations, but you will condition your mind to take on higher loads without giving in to fatigue. It's safe guards we all have built-in, but they seem tuned for short burst and conserving energies. If you are in a terrain where you can consistently refuel (modern society), you can change the timing belt, per say, on how you fire without going into a red-lined state.

It seems there's quite a few adaptations that happen to your being from consistently working compared to living a city-boy sedentary lifestyle.
edit on 12-12-2015 by ringdingdong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Okay, so you're fit. Nice post there, I particularly liked the part where you bragged about how strong you are.

It's well known that sedentary lifestyles increase fat and cause a whole host of health problems. This is why there are a lot of gyms in cities, but I've never seen a gym out in the countryside.

If you've grown up on a farm, working with cattle, lifting things and zipping around in tractors all day, of course you're more likely to be physically stronger than someone who has spent their life in a city, working a desk job (generally speaking, there are exceptions). Obviously.

But there is more to than that. Russia doesn't have as much of a problem with fatties as the USA, the UK, and Australia (and probably Western countries in general). But in Russia, a lot of young people from the rural areas will move to the cities, because there is no future in the rural. Even with this urban migration, we still don't have as many fat people. Of course we have a few, as does every country, but not to the same extent. Why is this?

Oh, and seeing as we're all bragging about our physical attributes, I am from a "city" (Novosibirsk pretends to be a city but really it's the world's only hole above ground and is populated entirely by zombies, yetis and narkomani), and I currently live in a large town which has pretended to be a city for so long that most people actually believe it to be so, and I am taller than the average for my home planet, quite strong, and tend to put on muscle more easily than fat (but not to the extent where I look like a walking steroid). This is largely due to my genetics rather than where I grew up. In fact, I would go so far as to say that I am probably definitely the perfect human and will absolutely definitely live forever and never ever get fat or die as I sit on my arse eating salt and vinegar crisps and smoking menthols.

My point being, you have to take into account genetics as well as lifestyle factors.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join