It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there such a thing as preferences anymore?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Hey fossi!!

Let me translate that woman's writing for you.

"Hey you! I have low self esteem. I know I'm no Victoria's Secret angel (cuz that's all men want anyways, skinny blonde bitches!) But, I'm not motivated enough to change myself.
So I'm the NICE girl. I'm a bleeding heart who will stand up for EVERY underdog whether I understand their challenge or not. It makes me feel better about myself.

So I'm gonna call YOU names, and try to shame you for judging me. You don't know me. Ya hater."

Be thankful she showed her true colours from the get-go!

Tsk, tsk...disliking a genre of music....just how evil are you?

jacy

edit on 12-12-2015 by jacygirl because: puncuating

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

A lot of rappers have had really tough lives so you're like denigrating them? It's like you're putting them down man and it's not cool.

Don't lie-most rap is crap with a silent c and you know it

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
I bet you're one of those who don't like raw fish huh? Have you any idea at all how tough the Eskimos lives are? Have you ever thought of that? And yet you DARE to put them down like you're so much better than them! People like you make me so SICK with your eskimo hating when you've n e v e r even met one. Racism!!!

Tsk, Tsk .... I think you should have said 'Inuit'??

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Starred you both

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

you forgot

"ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME"

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Well I think that whoever wrote you that message went way over the top and was too sensitive. This sounds like something liberals on the far end of the spectrum would say. I'm more of a moderate. I think you have the right to prefer to date more athletic people. Studies show that people are happiest dating those who look similar to them, actually. And I am fairly certain that most girls on dating sites also prefer athletic body types if they are athletic.
edit on 12pmSat, 12 Dec 2015 16:38:09 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Your response was not harsh, HER response was harsh. Who wants to hang out with someone who is so critical? Wow. Was she hoping to guilt you into dating? Weird.

Seriously, move along if someone's profile isn't a match for you, sweetheart. Out of the 7 billion people on the planet, and the roughly 3 1/2 billion men, and all of those that are on some sort of dating site, I would think you wouldn't need to talk smack to someone because he doesn't fit your idea of perfect.

Just a thought...

Hang in there fossilera!

- AB

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Dude. It's what people say who are too narcissistic and into their own needs - I've known plenty on various sides of the political spectrum that talk like that. Please don't make it a liberal-bashing thread!

peace,
AB

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I just wanted to say - I loved all the comments. I did see that the thread went slightly on a tangent, but it's nothing too harsh. Stars went to everyone.

And I know I shouldn't let it bother me - but some things can still rub me the wrong way. And what's scary is that this isn't the first time I've had to ask something their question.

I would have understood the response if I said something in the profile like "Attention, I don't want to be seen around a fat person, and I hate all forms of rap, especially when it was made by pants-on-the-ground bling-bling from da' hood". But to be called out on something because I said I'm not into it, well, I better stop giving you guys and gals ideas.

I guess if you are at least going to say I'm afraid of something, please use the official term from DSM-IV or DSM-V so that I know you know how to use the words.

a reply to: Kandinsky

Hmm, how did you know I'm not a fan of raw fish - You must be anti-raw-fish-phobic. Alright, that sounded dumb (yet another reminder why I don't make up the names)
And now that I irritated myself with my own pet peeve, back to being a passive observer.

-foss

Edit to Add: I just want to make this clear - I'm not opposed to dating someone bigger, and I'm not the most in-shape guy myself. But if I want to be able to go on a 5-mile+ walk with someone, don't I have the right to prefer someone that can do this with me? If I only like classical music, don't I have the right to find a partner with similar interests and tastes? I don't want to make this thread about dating habits, but the short version is that I generally first check to see if I like what I hear before what I see. If I like what I hear, then I meet them in person, and see where the day leads me. Hardly phobic.
edit on 12/12/2015 by fossilera because: clarification

edit on 12/12/2015 by fossilera because:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera

I would have understood the response if I said something in the profile like "Attention, I don't want to be seen around a fat person, and I hate all forms of rap, especially when it was made by pants-on-the-ground bling-bling from da' hood". But to be called out on something because I said I'm not into it, well, I better stop giving you guys and gals ideas.

That was hysterical! (Btw, I abhor the sounds of rap! Lol!)

Edit to Add: I just want to make this clear - I'm not opposed to dating someone bigger, and I'm not the most in-shape guy myself. But if I want to be able to go on a 5-mile+ walk with someone, don't I have the right to prefer someone that can do this with me? If I only like classical music, don't I have the right to find a partner with similar interests and tastes? I don't want to make this thread about dating habits, but the short version is that I generally first check to see if I like what I hear before what I see. If I like what I hear, then I meet them in person, and see where the day leads me. Hardly phobic.

There's no requirement for you to defend yourself even one tiny bit. She attacked you and projected/unloaded all of her emotional "stuff" onto you. That was out of line. If anyone owes an apology it would be her.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Just wow! The person writing words like that to you are on the wrong level in life.

I have leaned in life when not to be that person who wrote yuck words.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
OP is just too nice.

I'd be like "Yeah, not into fatties, or gangsta bitches...."

So sick of the world trying to sugar coat things.

Look, I'm fat. You think I don't know? I know.

I hate most rap music too (old stuff is fine, just not this "I'm so great junk").

I say keep your preferences. If folks don't like it, then they simply aren't being honest with themselves that they have them too.

Doesn't mean you hate fat people, or those who listen to rap, you just tend to not want it in someone you're interested in...why is that so wrong? Screw 'em.

Look, none of us are getting off this rock alive. No reason to compromise your own preferences.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Never explain yourself to a dating website verbal abuser. A simple response of "LoL GFY" will suffice & probably enrage them further, which is a plus.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera

Lol, I wouldn't date a fat woman ever, I am personally revolted by fat bodies and repulsed at the thought of any sexual relationship with someone who is fat. That's my preference, and I don't need or frankly care to defend it to anyone.

I have fat female friends though and I don't mind their body shape at all because my relationship is purely platonic so I'm 'blind' to it.
I have a friend who is a heroin addict, and I wouldn't want to be in an intimate relationship with her, same with food addicts.

I wrote a thread about a related issue a year or so ago, in case you are interested...
Obesephobe - could this be a new word for the 21st century?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join