It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun linked to Paris attacks traced back to Florida arms dealer implicated in Iran-Contra scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Gun linked to Paris attacks traced back to Florida arms dealer implicated in Iran-Contra scandal
(rawstory.com)

A gun linked to last month’s Paris mass shootings has been traced back to a Florida arms dealer.

The serial number for a M92 semi-automatic pistol linked to the deadly Nov. 13 terrorist attacks matched one for a weapon delivered by the Zastava arms factory in May 2013 to Century International Arms in Delray Beach, reported the Palm Beach Post.

Documents shared by WikiLeaks in 2011 showed Century Arms had illegally traded firearms with the help of “unauthorized brokers.”

The Center for Public Integrity reported that same year that WASR-10 rifles manufactured for Century Arms in Romania had become a favorite of Mexican drug cartels.

This dealer has so far supplied guns that have turned up in drug cartels and terror attacks. But the real kawinkydink is that the companies general manager John Rugg testified to some shady biz back in the Iran-Contra scandal:

John Rugg, a former police officer and longtime Century Arms employee, testified before a U.S. Senate committee in 1987 that the company had supplied rockets, grenades and other weapons to Nicaraguan rebels as part of the Iran-Contra scandal.

Guess the company can now add ISIS terrorists to their long list of customers.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

This dealer has so far supplied guns that have turned up in drug cartels and terror attacks.

Heard that before.

Prosecute him to the fullest extent of the.. Oh, wait.. Never mind.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
That doesn't surprise, Iran-Contra scandal was financed by the coc aine import agency but you'd think they'd have more sense and file out any serial numbers. Guess they don't care anymore because they control the waves. But how did it get from US to France. Does ISIS have their own international postage service now.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

It could be possible the US gave the weapon to the Saudis and in turn the Saudis gave the weapon to ISIS.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
(rawstory.com)

A gun linked to last month’s Paris mass shootings has been traced back to a Florida arms dealer.

The serial number for a M92 semi-automatic pistol linked to the deadly Nov. 13 terrorist attacks matched one for a weapon delivered by the Zastava arms factory in May 2013 to Century International Arms in Delray Beach, reported the Palm Beach Post.

Documents shared by WikiLeaks in 2011 showed Century Arms had illegally traded firearms with the help of “unauthorized brokers.”

The Center for Public Integrity reported that same year that WASR-10 rifles manufactured for Century Arms in Romania had become a favorite of Mexican drug cartels.

This dealer has so far supplied guns that have turned up in drug cartels and terror attacks. But the real kawinkydink is that the companies general manager John Rugg testified to some shady biz back in the Iran-Contra scandal:

John Rugg, a former police officer and longtime Century Arms employee, testified before a U.S. Senate committee in 1987 that the company had supplied rockets, grenades and other weapons to Nicaraguan rebels as part of the Iran-Contra scandal.

Guess the company can now add ISIS terrorists to their long list of customers.

No.
More likely, guns that made their way from Century, to US supported "Syrian opposition", to, shock, ISIS and then Paris.

This portion of mayhem and death has been brought to you by Obama and his clueless foreign policy

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Didn't they make a movie about this, did he look a little like Nicolas Cage?...hehe

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

This dealer has so far supplied guns that have turned up in drug cartels and terror attacks.

Heard that before.

Prosecute him to the fullest extent of the.. Oh, wait.. Never mind.

Google "Fast and Furious"

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

That's what I was getting at.

Google "Fast and Furious Scandal" to avoid vin diesel.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Well; a while back the US was implying that because MA17 was shot down with a Russian made BUK missile, that Russia , therefore was responsible.

Applying this same line of thinking, in the name of consistency of approach, seems to me, that it means that America supplied the guns for Paris Attack.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
Applying this same line of thinking, in the name of consistency of approach, seems to me, that it means that America supplied the guns for Paris Attack.

Actually, I'd "question" how a gun from 30 years ago ended up at the crime scene.

I'd say "planted"... or the people involved, weren't that "connected" and were "scraping" for arms.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

But how did it get from US to France. Does ISIS have their own international postage service now.
They use Air-NATO for overt/covert distribution . Opium from Afghanistan via Air-NATO . ....

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I lived in Florida for a decade and became used to it after a time finding it hard to believe that anyone could get used to such a corrupt and foul place, the majority of people there were a big part of the problem.

Stories like this do not surprise me one bit.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
They have sold millions of guns over the years.

Guns wind up in the hands of criminals everywhere. The vast majority of gun crime is commited by repeat offender criminals who possess firearms illegaly.

Many large stolen vehicles are smuggled out of America and into Europe bit the dimwits at Raw Sewage act shocked when a small handgun finds its way into the international black market and imply a vast conspiracy?

This gun grabber propaganda is getting ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
dumb thread. wuts it all about, huh?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Just one gun.

And who knows how it got there. I believe this might be the same arms dealer that some claimed the DOJ tried to frame a while back in regards to Libya coughBengazicough)..

One of the guns used by ISIS terrorists to slaughter 130 people in Paris was once owned by a Florida-based online firearms dealer with close ties to the NRA.

The M92 semiautomatic pistol — made by a Serbian arms factory — was imported into the U.S. by Century Arms, a Delray Beach-based company in 2013, the head of a Serbian arms factory revealed Friday to The Associated Press.

It remained unclear how the weapon made its way back across the Atlantic — and into the hands of Islamic militants.

Seems to me that one of the main issues with any type of control is that once it's out there in the wild, it's out there.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I've spent the last 90 minutes researching and typing a reply to this thread with outside quotes and links only to have the browser tab shut down while the other 8 I have open remain intact. I have to get ready for work so I can't do it all again right now but I just wanted to add this:

Century Arms, along with a shady Israeli arms dealer named Ori Zoller were implicated in the Contra scandal. Zoller, according to this article in Palm Beach Post:

He sometimes moved in shady circles. In January 2001, eight months before 9/11, Zoller tried to round up "arms and ammunition, including twin- and four-barrel anti-aircraft guns, surface-to-air missiles, rocket-propelled grenades, anti-tank 'launchers' and small arms" for Samih Osailly, a Lebanese arms dealer with suspected ties to Al-Qaeda, the OAS found in 2003.

If you do some digging, which I did, you will find that Zoller has his grubby little fingers in every dirty little pot involving arms supplies.

If these two arms dealers are connectd to the Paris attacks, the fact that the weapons are being supplied, officially or not, via the US and Israel .......I can't finish that thought because I just can't fathom the consequences.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Assertions are being made by Wikileaks that there is a link between the Paris attacks and Zoller and the Hacker Group and the Century arms. It seems a bit of a stretch though. Century arms in Florida and Zoller have had multiple dealings together regarding South American arms deals. Zoller now seems to be a dealer for Hacker Group, peddling their security software. The only connection I can make with Paris is the gun that was found that traces back to Century in Florida.

new topics

top topics

join