It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70,000 Indian Muslim clerics issue fatwa against Isis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
All of a sudden we have thousands of Muslim Clerics issuing a Fatwa against ISIS, the Taliban, al-Qaeda and some other Muslim terror groups.

Well not really "all of a sudden".

This has happened before in trying times to no avail.

It must be some kind of conspiracy to get the heat off the Islamic principals or something.

Lots of hate and it seems many Muslims are worried, but I'm not seeing any genuine attempts to stop the "terror" groups by any Muslim governments or any "peaceful" groups.

It's all big talk and no action.

The "claim" is the terrorists are not real Muslims !!!!

( where have we heard that before? )

Nearly 70,000 Indian Muslim clerics have signed a fatwa against Isis and other terror groups saying they were "not Islamic organisations".

Around 1.5 million Muslims visiting a shrine dedicated to a Sufi Islamic saint near the city of Ajmer in north western state of Rajasthan during the Urs religious festival have signed a petition against terrorist attacks.

Mufti Mohammed Saleem Noori, one of the clerics who signed the fatwa, told the Times of India: "From Sunday onwards, when the annual Urs began, members of Dargah Aala Hazrat have been distributing forms among followers seeking signatures to show that those signing stand against terrorism.

70,000 Indian Muslim clerics issue fatwa against Isis, the Taliban, al-Qaeda and other terror groups

Past "Attempts" to quell the fury.....
Fatwa on terrorism

How come no results?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So moderate Muslims come out to denounce the extremists, as we have hoped for in the past, and we question it's validity?

Isn't this what many wanted this entire time?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Perhaps the reason is to take away the stigma that is within the Church or for Muslim the mosques where radicalism is brewed, it is after all the religious leaders the ones that followers listen the most, they do have a lot on influences on their flocks, that goes for any religion and their faithful followers.

I guess The Indian clerics wants to make sure that they do not become targets of the fight on terrorism.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Dint indonesia come out not too long ago with a similar story against isis.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

But zero results.

They denounced Bin Laden too.

A lot of good that did.

The concept is B.S.

It's just political maneuvering.

The Islamic terror groups have the funding and they have enormous support.

Classic propaganda.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

It matters not, introvert...

There are about 1000 different tribes, and 7 National armies, all Islamic, fighting ISIS and it's all overlooked because some people can't see reality for what it is.

All they do is demand more and more, but do you know what, if Muslims stopped denouncing ISIS, or stopped fighting them physically, there would be a hell of a lot more than 30,000 ISIS fighters.

Considering the population of Iraq, Lybia and Syria, 30,000 is a puny percentage.

I'll never denounce another terror attack as long as I live, cause all that happens is my validity is questioned by the likes of the OP, who have a goal to distort, as evidence by the OPs wording.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Heh,coming from you I can automatically disclaim it.Oh and let me get the emoticons in...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You are on a roll today arn't you ?

Extremsism has been around for 1000s of years . it most notably arises during times of war etc.

Scholars have been denouncing it since the time of Muhammad.

The most dangerous sect in Islam are the Kharijites (al-khawarij). They have existed since the very early period of Islam and they will continue to cause strife in the Muslim nation until the end of time when they will join forces with the False Messiah (dajjal). We must be aware of their ideology and characteristics in order to protect ourselves from unwittingly supporting their destructive behavior.

The Kharijites earned their name (from the root kh-ra-ja meaning “to go out”) because they exited Islam and the Muslim community due to their heretical innovations. They will recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats, meaning it will not enter their hearts and they will not understand it.

Abu Sa’eed Al-Khudri reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

يَخْرُجُ نَاسٌ مِنْ قِبَلِ الْمَشْرِقِ وَيَقْرَءُونَ الْقُرْآنَ لَا يُجَاوِزُ تَرَاقِيَهُمْ يَمْرُقُونَ مِنْ الدِّينِ كَمَا يَمْرُقُ السَّهْمُ مِنْ الرَّمِيَّةِ ثُمَّ لَا يَعُودُونَ فِيهِ حَتَّى يَعُودَ السَّهْمُ إِلَى فُوقِهِ

There will come a people from the east who recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats. They will pass through the religion just as an arrow pierces its target and they will not return to it just as the arrow does not return to the bow.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 7123, Grade: Sahih

The Kharijite ideology is based upon the following evil tenets:

Declaring Muslims to be unbelievers.Rejecting lawful obedience to the rulers.Justifying violence against Muslims and innocent people.

The first Order of defeating Extremisim is dawa ( calling one back to the quran and sunna) giving them education.

Are you expecting true followers of Islam to kill these extremist ? Because that would be counter to what Islam teaches .

Some of thease extremisit are raised under this ideology so many of them don't know any better . This his where Shria law would come into play . a judgment would be taken upon them and depending on lvl of their understanding a proper sentience would be handed down.

Of course i am speaking in terms on a "non waring " situation.

If you meet them on thw battlefield and dawa cannot be established we are to fight them. And believe me their are soo soo many muslims who are fighting extremism both off and off the battle field. We just don't hear about it over here in the west . when they leave to go fight 99% of them get branded as terrorist.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The Islamic terror groups have the funding and they have enormous support.

Classic propaganda.

But so do you. Isn't it, therefore, illogical to believe what you say?

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I'll never denounce another terror attack as long as I live, cause all that happens is my validity is questioned by the likes of the OP, who have a goal to distort, as evidence by the OPs wording.

Sadly, I understand what you mean. I'm with ya brother.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It matters not, the cleriks can say anything they want, but we know who run the Islamic states in theocratic countries int he middle east.

Cleriks are behind all states of affairs in the countries they dominate, because after all their job is to exercise the Islamic laws in every aspect of society.

As usual is within the mosques that radicalism is brewed because that is part of the teachings of the laws.

The issue really comes down to which clerics have the most influence, upon whom. Because Islam has no central authority that sets the contours of orthodoxy and doctrine -- each Muslim is capable of doing this -- what matters is how much respect a particular cleric is given. People will follow the teachings of a cleric that makes sense to them. If a lot of clerics are seeing an issue from the same perspective, then it is easy for them to ensure that the government goes along with that view. Cutting the legs out from under a ruler on the grounds that he is impious, not a "good Muslim", greatly weakens that ruler.

www.quora.com...

This declaration of fatwa was an ongoing thing during the war on terrorism when the US was in the middle east, littler it did to stop the spread of terrorism.

Is all a bit pony show, now that the US officially is claiming to has been targeted by a terrorism attack with the San Bernardino massacre.

edit on 11-12-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You know it's funny. People always call on all 2 billion Muslims to take responsibility and action for the minority radicals and then when Muslims make a stand the same people say it's not good enough, or it must be a conspiracy to take the heat off...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Question:

Do you think the anti-Muslim, anti-moderate dogma that is regularly regurgitated may have an effect on how many moderate-Muslims actually voice their problems with Muslim extremism?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Put it this way.

You're unhappy the fact that the moderate are coming out to denounce ISIS.

You hate that because it doesn't legitimize your way of thinking.

You hate that because you won't have another thread bashing Muslim indirectly, brushing 1.6B are ALL BAD.

Guess ****** what? Here's my 2 words > **** ***.

edit on 11-12-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I wouldn't have 5 minutes ago...

But it just hit me that, as you and Swills have said, the same group demanding vocal outrage are the same group who call it a ruse when we do speak out...

& I know I don't need to speak out to gain the trust of someone like yourself because you're smart enough to gauge that reality for yourself, so I'm starting to wonder if the pointlessness of it I just felt has spread throughout the Muslim community somewhat.

To answer your question succinctly, it's highly plausible.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Holy sht.

Can't it just be that MODERATE MUSLIMS are just as negative about terrorism as everyone else? Like moderate Christians, and moderate Jews, and moderate Agnostics and moderate Atheists.....

WE JUST WANT EVERYONE TO GET ALONG.

WHAT is so hard about that??????

Hmmm?

Yeah, don't bother......I'm not really that interested in your response.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

where did I mention 1.6 billion?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Is not that easy, life in the middle east is more complicated that people thinks, specially for those that do not understand how theocratic governments works, or terrorist organizations.

Actually ISIS has been targeting and assassinating Clerics that talks against their version of Islamic state. So for clerics to come out in the open and denounce ISIS they are putting their lives in danger, right? and their followers.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: mekhanics

where did I mention 1.6 billion?

I think what has happened here, and I am open to being corrected, but I believe your bull# propaganda has just been handed back to you and you are welcome to grab your hat on the way out.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I'm not talking about life in the Middle East and the Muslims who live there. I'm talking about everyone else in the world who isn't a Muslim and always demand all Muslims worldwide take responsibility for terrorism. You hear it time and time again, why aren't the Muslims speaking out, why aren't they fighting them, why why why!!! It's always the same. Then the OP posts a refreshing story, of many, about Muslims standing up to terrorism and all the sudden it must be a conspiracy to take the heat off...

ISIS's number one victims are Muslims. Muslims all over the Middle East do not stand with ISIS, in fact they despise them.

Support for ISIS in the Muslim World – Perceptions vs Reality

According to a Brookings report from last January:

40% of Americans believe most Muslims oppose ISIS.
14% think most Muslims support ISIS.
And 44% (the plurality) of Americans believe Muslim views are evenly balanced on the issue.
American perceptions of Muslims’ support for the Islamic State are all over the map. And you only have to search Google for “how many muslims support isis” to see why.

What the Muslim world actually thinks of ISIS

Looking only at scientific opinion polls, the results are actually very consistent.

The figures in the map below come from surveys conducted by six different research organizations, covering a combined 20 countries in the Muslim world.

In the Muslim world, support for ISIS is low across the board.

In 15 of the 20 countries shown, support for ISIS is in the single digits. And with the exception of Syria, in no country is it greater than 15%.

edit on 11-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Those that goes against ISIS find themselves in mass migration like the hundreds of thousand of refugees that now are spreading in Europe.

Interestingly I don't remember this happening under Al-quaida.

This means that people in the middle east do not want to express their dislike of ISIS for fear of death.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join