It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACLU Board Member Resigns After Urging People To Kill Supporters Of Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Yeah. This guy is (WAS) an actual ACLU board member.
I don't what his right wing counterpart would be...but I doubt very much he or she has been telling people to kill Hillary supporters.

We have such a short memory. Sorry but the right wingers make threats as well. This was the last election, remember all the "we came unarmed, this time" posters?

This guy was a board member, decision-maker and figurehead of a large organization...and he was speaking out to followers to kill....not Trump...but other American citizens because of how they vote.
Big difference, from some guy at a rally, holding up a sign in support of his second Amendment rights.

BTW...where does it say on those signs in your example to go out and specifically kill specific people?
It's not like they're yelling: "What Do We Want?...Dead Cops!...When Do We Want It?....NOW!"

edit on 12-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: italics added

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Understandable, it's possible I'd be arrested by the FBI or something random if I was a US citizen. However, that is simply in place of Trump, and ultimately I wouldn't like it if any of the current POTUS contenders were assassinated. Death is never a good thing barring some absurd circumstances. Even if you kill an evil person, there is almost always someone to step up and take their place.
It was mostly a statement for emphasis, because I feel physically ill when I look at Hillary. There is something incredibly off-putting about her, and it's weird.

Those crazy people saying she's a reptilian... Makes me wonder. I don't know. As I said, it's weird. I'm slightly deranged though, so it' probably just me.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

So if I called on everyone to kill Bernie supporters, I'd be covered under free speech?

(for the record, I don't want anyone to kill Bernie supporters, there'd be no one to flip burgers)

Personally, I don't think that would be considered free speech. SCOTUS has determined that some speech does not qualify, like yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater.

What this guy wrote is a terroristic threat. IMO.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I guess I just don't understand. Not that this is a new thing. There's plenty of things I don't understand.
edit on 12-12-2015 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

BTW...where does it say on those signs in your example to go out and specifically kill specific people?
It's not like they're yelling: "What Do We Want?...Dead Cops!...When Do We Want It?....NOW!"

That's a great point. Were those people ever arrested that were calling for the death of cops? I never followed up.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

This guy was a board member, decision-maker and figurehead of a large organization...and he was speaking out to followers to kill....not Trump...but other American citizens because of how they vote.
Big difference, from some guy at a rally, holding up a sign in support of his second Amendment rights.

Plus, the power is vested with the people and we do actually have the right & obligation to a violent overthrow of government if we decide our government no longer operates to the benefit of the nation. I read this man's sign as a reminder of that fact...a reminder to the government, not a threat to ordinary people.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
ACLU is personifying their own double standard.
They let this guy RESIGN rather than FIRE him.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Like why voting for Trump is a bad idea.

Jokes aside, things like death threats and so forth are considered exceptions. Specifically, "fighting words."
As always however, the laws are extremely vague and obtuse. Open to personal interpretation.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I'll just wait until someone wants to kill the supporters of Kayne West. Then I'll support his run for president.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I would say in the Colorado Case, Dear seems to have disliked abortion intensely, but it seems a lot less likely that any religion has anything to do with it.

From what I've seen, Dear's religion was the type of thing he used as a personal justification for his actions after the fact to rationalize them, not as something that informed what he should do.

When he was beating his wife, he wasn't doing it because God said he should beat women. He was doing it because it didn't matter what he did because he would be forgiven. There is a difference.

With those who bombed abortion clinics and the man who murdered Tiller, they were pretty honest that they believed it was what God wanted them to do and that their version of the faith demanded they do it. Dear hasn't said anything of that nature to my knowledge only that he did it because he didn't like abortion.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
WHY isn't THIS an example of "protected Free Speech"?

Man charged with threatening FBI agents via tweets

MINNEAPOLIS – A Minneapolis man was charged Friday with tweeting threats against FBI agents after the arrest of a friend on charges of conspiring to help the Islamic State group, and authorities allege the man had hopes himself of traveling to Syria.

Khaalid Adam Abdulkadir, 19, posted the threats on his Twitter account following the arrest Wednesday of his friend, Abdirizak Mohamed Warsame, 20, of Eagan, according to the criminal complaint. He was charged with one felony count of impeding and retaliating against a federal law enforcement officer. FBI agents arrested Abdulkadir earlier Friday.

Abdulkadir posted two separate tweets containing threats, according to court papers. One included the words "kill them FBI." The other included, "I'm kill them FEDS for take my brothers." While the tweets had been removed by Thursday morning, investigators obtained screen shots before they were deleted.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

'Cause his skin is brown.

Don'tcha know, the Constitution don't apply if you 'aint a whitey.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

If I made a threat against the president, someone would show up against my door.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

'Cause his skin is brown.

Don'tcha know, the Constitution don't apply if you 'aint a whitey.

I'm sure the ACLU would LOVE to go to bat for THAT guy.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The American Civil Liberties Union calling for the death of those who disagree with them politically. And these are the people trusted with maintaining the balance in this country? It sounds like terrorism to me.

I say abolish the ACLU now!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

It's not "The ACLU" it's "A guy in the ACLU." Small difference.

Wait, no, big one.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Did you accidentally reply to the wrong post or something? I don't really understand what you're going for, sorry.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I am sorry but its the same thinking. And I dont for a minute believe those people wouldnt extend there violence to ALL who disagreed with them.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: Vroomfondel

It's not "The ACLU" it's "A guy in the ACLU." Small difference.

Wait, no, big one.

He was part of the ruling/authoritative body of the ACLU. Important and salient Fact!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Oh, it is, but that doesn't matter for some. You mean one guy in a group you dislike said something, but it's not the official position of the group? Who cares! It's the position of the whole group.

This is the way certain people play politics, including the ACLU when it suits their purpose.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join