It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop Releases 6th Generation Fighter Concept, Image

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I like how the picture depicts it shooting at ICBM's and asteroids. Not that it's very relevant here. But I doubt it was built to protect us from space debris...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I'm doubtful they're asteroids.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Boeing Phantom Works president Darryl Davis is refusing to take Northrop’s bait by disclosing new information about his advanced research and design unit’s secretive “T-X” and future fighter projects.

In an interview with Flightglobal in Washington this week, Davis stayed tight-lipped on when the company intends to fly the clean-sheet, next-generation trainer it is developing with Saab for the air force.

link.

Boeing seems to have come up with a theme song.

We're not gonna take it!
No, we're not gonna take it!
We're not gonna take the bait! Anymore!

ahem.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I believe that the USA has had the ability to make a Mach 2+ supercruiser with amazing stealth abilities and long range...the problem is, it would send the US broke to make anything like a useful number. The real trick will be getting all the desirable performance and capability characteristics achieved at a reasonable cost. So the next 10-20 years will need to see breakthroughs in manufacturing and processes as much as the actual flying tech.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
the ability to put multiple shot, megawatt laser in a fighter plane will change everything. if possible.

will you need super stealth? maybe. but i doubt the range in which you engage the enemy will not be as close as depicted in the artist concepts. doesn't need to be.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Range will be the telling point with Lasers.That and the myriad of atmospheric conditions it has to work in for accuracy.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yes but the more altitude you fly and you have less difraction, in a thin atmosphere more easy to use laser.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

But it becomes much easier to see the high flier, too.

That said, there will not be a megawatt class laser on an aircraft for a good decade or more. They are still too bulky even with the rebuild HELLADS is getting for its modules. You WILL see what we called 'military grade' lasers (100 kw+) on aircraft within 5 years.

I would bet on a fighter with a laser within 10.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha
For a bomber size like the LRS-B the laser gun must be ready realy soon.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Lasers have come a long way in terms of data transfer, surgery and industry, but frustrating to see that whilst this concept has been around since the early 1960s, it's well over half a century and we still need something the size of a warship to have even a low powered weapons system. :-(

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join