It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something brewing in Missouri

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hello folks! First thread here though I've been a lurker for as long as I can remember. If this has already been covered, I apologize. I live in central Missouri and things are getting tense here really fast!

For starters, several Walmarts have reported men purchasing pre-paid cell phones in bulk. These are commonly used as IED detonators and for anonymous communication between groups of criminals.

www.ky3.com...

I heard about that yesterday. Then I saw this today:

www.rt.com...

"Further to the mobile phone scare, agents are now drawing a connection to the disappearance of dozens of tanks of highly flammable propane gas around locations in Missouri. This elevates the possible connection to a potential terrorist plot, as the local mood seems to indicate.

The tanks were stolen from several locations in Independence and Lee’s Summit, according to Fox 4."

THEN (no link of course) a friend of mine who works in Security Forces on Whiteman Air Force Base informed me that propane tanks have been stolen out of yards in the town around the base, two Muslim men were caught at the neighboring state park after hours, and suspicious vehicles have been parked near the base gates in the last few days.

This does not sound good! If you're in Missouri, be on high alert!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder what it takes to make a propane tank explode? I would google it, but I don't want to be put on a watch list. So....

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815

Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder what it takes to make a propane tank explode? I would google it, but I don't want to be put on a watch list. So....

Fire, pressure, from what i understand a puncture of the container can do that.........

Sounds like something is definitely a miss there

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The number of tanks stolen from businesses is pretty alarming. These thefts started in November. The article goes on to say that terrorists wouldn't use these as part of a plot because the thefts would draw attention. Not sure that point is well demonstrated since the story is only out NOW...that and the fact they have questioned the men buying phones and did/counldn't do anything about it. If it's such a big deal, you don't let people walk away.

fox4kc.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Just don't imply that it might be Islam ... Just check the video. It's all us good ol' boy right wingers.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up.

The correct mixture of air, fuel, and an ignition source. Shooting it doesn't work, to make a propane tank go kaboom you need an explosive that will make mincemeat out of the tank itself. On top of that, best you'll get with that situation is a big 'ol fireball with very little blast radius.

Good for a show, bad for a terror plot, just imo.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'll get in trouble for this but hey inquiring minds want to know. It takes about 6 ounces of C4 to blow a hole in the side of a normal propane tank, a bullet that travels at least 1750 feet per second, and then even with a full propane tank some kind of ignition source to ignite the propane that is now escaping, usually a flare so the out rush of propane doesn't blow the candle out. Propane tanks just aren't used for blowing up things.

However, a room full of full tanks brought up to enough heat makes a nice fireworks display, rockets and all.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up.

Funny, I pause for a bit and consider whether I should search for certain things on the net too. Many times I won't do the search because I don't want anyone knocking on my door. Just the other day, I searched something that would put me on a watch list because I wanted to see how easy it was for others to see the information. Don't worry anyone. It was about how easy it is for people to get drafted by ISIS with internet information.

Anyhow, I lasted about 30 seconds before I clicked out of my inquiry. I thought I could handle it, before I did the search but I felt like I was breaking the law. Oh well, guess I didn't really need to know.

On topic, hmmmm. Taking tanks from yards? Must be the small tanks. From OP link, the caged propane tanks at businesses were broken into. Hope they can find some worthwhile video.

Scary times.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BarefootInWinter

now see, I don`t understand why they think they can`t do anything about the guys who bought all those phones, I guess the local police in Missouri never heard of a thing called the patriot act.
Under the terms of the patriot act even just the suspicion that you might be a terrorist or associate with suspected terrorist is grounds enough to pick you up and haul you off to some government facility.They can hold you indefinitely without ever filing charges, and you have no right to legal counsel.
I think they could have invoked the patriot act and hauled those guys off for some interrogation.

What is the purpose of a law like the patriot act that violates our rights if they aren`t going to use it detain suspicious characters?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Just don't imply that it might be Islam ... Just check the video. It's all us good ol' boy right wingers.

How about waiting for some tangible facts rather than supposition, and implying it's any group in particular?

As if tensions aren't already high enough, do you hope to achieve something by fanning the flames?
edit on 11-12-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

You're right, it was ABSOLUTELY the Hari Krishnas.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

MOONSHINE BABY.

I oughtta know be'n from St.Joe.

edit on Rpm121115v14201500000044 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wikipedia has plenty of information of 'Propane Bombs' being used for terrorist attacks.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The Hare Krishnas have also been involved in shady stuff in the past.

m.portlandmercury.com...

Anyway, like I said before, nice to see ATS members working to reduce tension by not engaging in partisan trolling and baiting

Do you have any facts or meaningful discourse to add to this discussion?
edit on 11-12-2015 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A thwarted ISIS propane bomb plot in NYC:

The FBI put together allegations indicating the women were preparing a terrorist attack for ISIS in the name of Allah. Siddiqui was believed to have a number of propane tanks, as well as directions that would show her how to convert the propane tanks into bombs.

guardianlv.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The propane tanks thing is interesting but these tanks are being stolen with propane in them. The containers would be only useful to a terrorist if something else would be packed in them... not going to elaborate more.

Keep in mind, this is Thanksgiving and Christmas season.
More and more people are frying turkeys, and this is what you need to do that. Could be thief cooks cutting down on expenses.

We can all hope that is the root, and not the former.
edit on 11-12-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Scary, when you think about all of these propane tank exchange centers in front of grocery stores and gas stations.
Imagine what would happen if someone switched normal ones out with weaponized ones in with the others in from grocery stores.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
A thwarted ISIS propane bomb plot in NYC:

The FBI put together allegations indicating the women were preparing a terrorist attack for ISIS in the name of Allah. Siddiqui was believed to have a number of propane tanks, as well as directions that would show her how to convert the propane tanks into bombs.

guardianlv.com...

At that point they are pretty much just making a fancy pressure-cooker bomb. Deadly? Well yea within 15-20 feet, that's about it though.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Taking tanks from yards? Must be the small tanks.

Folk that live in the country can have large propane tanks, and some, with large gas powered machines, may even have a gas pump.

Quite a few folks with whole home generators, also have very large propane tanks in their yard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join