It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was drug testing welfare recipients worth it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I am personally against MJ use. I don't think anyone who smoked a week ago should be denied welfare money.

I think the whole system needs to be reworked from the ground up though. I live near Charleston SC. I recently applied for a food card due to the flooding we had here. People in front of me made far more money than I make. Name brand designed clothes/purses. They got their cards just fine. I was denied. The only difference was the color of my skin and the fact I made literally 1/3 what one of them made. They rubber stamped their applications. It's rife with abuse.
edit on 11-12-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Name brand clothes arent indicative of your salary. And did you contact each one ahead of you to see if they got declined or accepted cuz usually you get a letter in the mail to let you know.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

At the hospital up here you can purchase a drug test kit, for less than 50$, my best guess is the rest of the money went to pay for a clinic to do all the test, the paperwork and what not, bureaucracy wasting money is what they do best.

$50 for a test, $704 in admin fees? I think not. Someone made a LOT of money off this

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Name brand clothes arent indicative of your salary. And did you contact each one ahead of you to see if they got declined or accepted cuz usually you get a letter in the mail to let you know.

I went because my coworkers said they were going. One makes over 4 times what I make. He was accepted. The rest all make 2-3 times what I make. All accepted. They asked them literally no questions. They asked me tons of questions and rejected me.

To be clear, when I say accepted, I mean they got their card in the mail. They were shocked I was rejected, none of them were asked a single question they said, they said everyone they know did it and it was an automatic acceptance.
edit on 12-12-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Utah welfare recipients should just be thankful they don't live in Michigan. I would gladly take a drug test if they gave me food stamps back. Thanks to the farm bill that was passed in 2014 they cut food stamps to 200,000 elderly and disabled. The bill was spearheaded by Democrat Debbie Stabenow and signed by Obama. People think republicans are out of screw people the democrats are just as bad. Don't even get me started on what Obamacare did to my health insurance.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

The former Government drugs tsar, Professor David Nutt, has said the financial crisis was caused by too many bankers taking coc aine. The controversial academic, who was sacked for claiming that ecstasy was as safe as horse riding, told the Sunday Times that abuse of coc aine caused the financial meltdown

www.independent.co.uk... aine-says-former-government-drugs-tsa r-8572948.html

Maybe they were testing the wrong socioeconomic group receiving government hand outs

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join