It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was one conspiracy theory you used to believe but don't anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What was one conspiracy theory you used to believe but don't anymore?

Long time ago when I first signed up for ATS, I used to believe John Titor was a time traveler from 2036 and his predictions.

(For those you that don't know who John Titor was here is a wikipedia article telling the basic info. about him en.wikipedia.org...)

Titor thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread61544/pg1

However, as time goes on, I started believe that he sounds more like a hoaxer who seem knowledgeable about certain issues (For example, Titor stating our Constitutional Rights being violated in the US).

Part of the reason why it seems like a hoax was his story seems very similar to the Terminator series where time travelers would go back in time to warn people of the past about future conflicts.

Terminator 1 and 2: Kyle Reese and Arnie going to the past to warn Sarah and John Connor about the the future war against Skynet

John Titor: Warning people of the past about a future Civil War in the US and a nuclear war with Russia.

Plus the name Titor reminds me of Terminator.

edit on 11-12-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Now here is where it gets fun, I will play the Devil's Avocado here and make a green mess of the whole thing,

Isn't strange that since Titor's arrival time we have seen what the patriot act, the wireless info gathering of meta data, and recently rumors about Russia wanting to nuke Syria?

Meanwhile My favorite Debunked one is Gas prices being held artificially low led on by the fact that Diesel which is cheaper to make then Unleaded is higher priced then Unleaded... I just kinda let that one go.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I used to think jet fuel couldn't melt steel but after reading what scientists hired by the government say, I now totally believe it!!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Russia wants to nuke Syria? Putin n Assad are buds...

To the OP: all stories about time travelers will be along the same theme as that would be the nature of traveling to and fro. Maybe Terminator was penned by someone who met Titor?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I used to believe in the Tooth Faerie but now I have to PAY someone to take my teeth!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I used to believe that Princess Diana was murdered by MI5 but after watching numerous documentaries and plenty of internet searches I concluded that there was no rational motive and there were also many easier ways to do this if they had really wanted to.

*waits for ATS conspirators to start savaging me*

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I used to believe that Fluoride was bad for you in water treatment. I used to believe that we never landed on the moon. I used to believe there wasn't enough water for a biblical Great Flood to happen. I used to believe that the government had regular citizens best interests at heart. I wish I could go back to sleep.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

But Terminator came before Titor. Titor posted around 2000-2001 while Terminator 1 came out in 1984 and Terminator 2 in 1992.

There are other problems like the fact that some parts of the story of Titor was based off Alas, Babylon.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I used actually to believe in things.

Now I believe in nothing.

I just entertain possibilities, subject to change upon new data and evidence.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I came to this site ten years ago with no belief in conspiracy theories.

I still have none. There is not one conspiracy theory that ATS has taught me to believe in.

There is, however, one genuine conspiracy that I hadn't known about before: the Tuskegee study, in which treatment was withheld from black men with syphillis. But that's hardly a very surprising conspiracy, given the era in which it occurred.

ATS has confirmed for me that all conspiracy theories are false. Thank you, ATS!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I was kidding.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

That was the era when the progressives were on their huge eugenics kick that actually inspired hitler.

It was also the era of the klanbake rally where tens of thousands of democrats put on their klan robes and marched in the streets of DC during the democratic convention.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

That UFO's are extra-terrestrial.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I used to believe we were on a ball, spinning 'round and water (along with everything else) was laughing in the face of centrifugal force.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

God I hate these tablet computers so so sensitive

edit on 12/12/2015 by stonerwilliam because: big fingers

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I used to believe the "conspiracy theory" that there were no "conspiracies"... only coincidences..then I swallowed a pill. It was red..

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
That 2012 thingy turned out to be a bust.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

I used to believe in the Tooth Faerie but now I have to PAY someone to take my teeth!

LOL

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I can't make up my mind about whether the Apollo Moon landings happened. There are good arguments for and against. I was actually doing a search about it 3 years ago when I happened upon this site; it's how I got here.

Ditto with the Princess Di car crash - always believed it was a hit, not sure now.

Ditto with anthropogenic global warming - it seems ridiculous given that we only produce a small percentage of the world's CO2, but if the majority of scientists believe it...not sure.

Did Hitler die in the bunker or not? Don't know. I'd have got my ass out of there quick smart and headed towards South America, as many Nazis did.

Same as ever really. Open-minded.

new topics

top topics

join