It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Want to Defeat ISIS, The United States Should NOT Go To War With Them!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Do you really want to go there? Obama was warned about IS Long ago, even by his own administration and his secret service!! He was told ISIS is gaining numbers and are gonna make a power grab for Iraq soon....Obama did nothing! He told them I don't believe you and don't have time basically! He was too busy promising hope and more change trying to get re elected and making public appearances on all the talk show circuits! Then against the highest authority on the ground we had in Afghanistan and Iraq he was warned NOT to pull all the troops out at once!!

The war we had been fighting for 8 years was won! We had succeeded in stabilizing the gov in Iraq and taken back the many cities that had been taken over by Sunni! Granted the gov. was fragile but stable nonetheless.

The Taliban was almost defunct! But Obama pulled all thee troops out at once so that fragile gov. fell quickly and easily and Obama created the vacuum for any terrorist group or dictator to swoon in and do whatever they wanted!!

No Obama has no plan to ignore! He is an ignorant fool when it comes to the Military! Yet he is such an Ass Hat that he is going to do whatever he can to present our Military i.e. the United states as weak by sending in a few special ops to take care of ISIS!! I don't know wtf this moron thinks but he is going to have more blood on HIS HANDS when it is all said and done!!

If his plan is to lead us into WWlll then he is doing an amazing job......We will not be ignoring them and not doing something else but maybe by not having so many world powers in the region this will blow a hole in ISIS' plan!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Goodness. Do you keep up with politics at all? Obama wanted ending wars in the ME to be his legacy. (well, that and universal healthcare). He set dates to bring the troops home. He's still being criticized for pulling troops from Iraq from what many believe was prematurely. He pulled many troops from Afghanistan. We've not had troops on the ground for that reason. We've made essentially only airstrikes over Syria for the same reasons.

He's leading us into WWIII? I really can come off only insulting you, and I don't mean to, but honestly, you dont' really know anything much about what's going on, or at best, you're very much mistaken.

You start a thread like you've had some kind of epiphany about how we should not fight ISIL because it's what they want, and Obama has been saying that since he took office, so I don't know what to tell you. Do some research, or if you are still here in the morning Ill post some links for you. I'll be happy too.

I too have been preaching to get out of the ME for years, but now we see that policy is simply not working. They are advancing instead of declining. Staying away is making things worse now.

All I can tell them is it's what they've wanted, and it doesn't look like it's going to take much longer until they get what they've asked for. The U.S. shouldn't lead it, and it will have to be an international effort, including the Gulf States, if it is to succeed. But we've got to get rid of them.

Ignoring them and simply arming countries who can or won't fight, such as Iraq and Afghanistan has failed.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll
HAHA you are funny!! Obama pulled troops out ALL AT ONCE!!!! When he did that all he was focused on was his publicity!! He wanted to be the one to end all the wars when he did BUT forget what the Generals on the ground were saying when they told him NO!! If you do that you will undo EVERYTHING that so many fought and died for!!! He did not care he only wanted to do this so he would have something to be remembered by!!

I think I keep up with politics better than you! If you think we haven't had boots on the ground for at least a year and a half then you have a lot to learn! I would say more but do not want to risk violating OPSEC!!

How did we manage this without boots on the ground?

or how about this?

I'll stop there! I guess you believe what the Pentagon and White house have reported about sending some troops in to train Iraqi or Syrian Rebel forces!!

so seems to me you are in need of some ME education yourself!

Pax

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

edit on 12-12-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
That's no a revelation mate, that's writing lots of stuff whilst ignoring the main reason we are there.

Ignoring terrorists doesn't make them go away, they aren't children.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join