It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Want to Defeat ISIS, The United States Should NOT Go To War With Them!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Realizing the topic of my thread is a moot point because we are at war with ISIS now; having said that the United States needs to pull back from this fight and send our troops home!!

I have had a revelation regarding the war on terrorism. I am a die hard patriot and support the military efforts in it's fight against terrorism more than most I think! However, having thought through the situation without emotions blinding me, i think it is a huge mistake for the United States to engage ISIS abroad!

I get it! Don't you see? This is exactly what they want! To kill as many infidels as possible! What better way to cause mass murder and chaos then to lure the United States into a battle that will surely start WW111!

I am not saying the military is weak at all and cannot defeat them, I am saying, why bother!! It is harder to walk away than it is to stand and fight!

They are not worth it!! They want to bring about the end and the last thing we should do is play into their hands!!

If they bring the fight to the United States of America then we crush them! and i am talking about so mush worse than what we have seen in Paris and San Bernardino

Let them whine and propagate and make their threats all they want!! What they do not expect is for us to ignore them!!

Why will Isis fall if we ignore them?

Because some of the radical Muslims will realize the West does not have an interest in occupying one of their countries..They will stop encouraging others to join ISIS and STAND UP!! Then the more moderate Muslims will begin to isolate ISIS and sit back and watch them begin to fall apart!

Why will Isis start to fail if we ignore them?

Because they get their kicks out of feeling like the West is Oppressing them! They love being the underdogs and taking the attitude of "well i will teach you to mess with me"!! Does that sound like a child arguing?? If you have had had an argument with a child who must have the last word, the best way to end it and shut them down is to ignore them! It works like a charm! sure they become more frustrated but as soon as they realize you are not reacting they will become tired of fighting! This is what we are going to have to do in order to beat them at their own game!!

This is not our fight and we should refrain from all military action at this point!

To just ignore them will be difficult because it requires great patience, something most of us are not very good at! But we must all adopt this attitude!

Remember the saying 'A House United Will Not Fall But A House Divided Cannot Stand'!! We need to unite in our thinking and plan of action in order to defeat our enemy!

What do you think ATS? Will this work?

Thanks for your time,

Pax
edit on 12/11/2015 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If the US want to defeat terrorism the US should go to war with itself.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

2 ways to go about it.

1. Full out offensive F# everything, annex Iraq.
2. Full withdrawal.

I'm for option 2, but if we are going to do it anyway, option 1 is the way we should.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I couldn't agree more with both options! If we go to war we go with everything and to win!! Not half ass like our current Commander and Chief has sent our men and women into this fight!!

I much prefer option 2 full and complete withdrawa!!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You know,since you don't like it so much the great thing about "terror America" is you can leave, in fact we have two country's that border us. I suggest you choose a direction and get to stepping, one less person calling for war in America would not be a loss even in the slightest.

"Bye Felicia"

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

LMAO with "Bye Felicia" thought i was the only one who said that!! I agree with what you said 110%!! Thank you for your service and my freedom X!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I suggest you choose a direction and get to stepping, one less person calling for war in America would not be a loss even in the slightest.

I'm anti war and thats very American. All those aggressively supporting unjust wars in foreign lands can 'take a hike'.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sounds to me like you were calling for war in America, yea very anti war. whatever dude," I got your number", and you are anti American.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Well you must not be anti war, intrptr because you said " The US should go to war with itself!" Not very American to me! The point of the thread since you missed it, is, WE SHOULD NOT GO TO WAR WITH ISIS!!!

Pax

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I disagree.

As long as America is going to be the leader of the West in the world, it will always be a target for terrorism.

If we let them be (for the most part we have: no boots on ground, light airstrikes), they will have free reign in the middle east and be able to better plan attacks in the west. Paris and San Bernardino ring a bell?

If you want to stop a bully you have to kick em in the teeth, not roll over.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The only way evil prospers is when good people do nothing to stop it.

America has to fight ISIS not only because its actions basically created it but that it’s a threat to humanity and the US is supposed to be the world leader

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
ISIS is waiting to fulfill their Mahdi Prophecy

They are trying to draw all the powers into the area in order to facilitate that.....

Their leader has even renamed himself to take on the name of the 12th IMAM who is suppose to lead them to this prophecy...

EVERYTHING they are doing is by design

Good post Paxibaby

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Sounds to me like you were calling for war in America, yea very anti war. whatever dude," I got your number", and you are anti American.

Freedom of speech is such a drag right?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

Because some of the radical Muslims will realize the West does not have an interest in occupying one of their countries..They will stop encouraging others to join ISIS and STAND UP!! Then the more moderate Muslims will begin to isolate ISIS and sit back and watch them begin to fall apart!

Pax

I agree with this approach as well.
They were small in number before we started invading countries over there, but their ranks have grown with our involvement. We need to stick to the Constitution and worry about our borders and let the wealthy Saudi Princes worry about the monsters they have helped fund.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Um. These are the reasons we haven't gone already. Just sayin'. It's what President Obama has been saying since he went into office, and has been his position until now, apparently. Bringing home the troops and all that? Remember?

It's not working.

edit on 12/11/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
ISIS is not interested in fighting Infidels.

Assuming what the op said came true,With the absence of the USA , Israel would remain vulnerable to attack
yet none has happened to date.

ISIS is surrounded by pro-infedel countries who are openly bombing them, yet no retaliation by ISIS?

seems as if they want the western nations to come for them in Syria
playing right into the ISIS hands or the wests?

If ISIS was really intent on drawing in the west, then it has achieved it's goals,
by design imo

Having NO aggression towards Israel to date,or it's pro-west neighbors would indicate the US has NO business fighting ISIS at all, that ISIS is not interested in fighting Infidels.

edit on 11-12-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I agree, I have been saying for years, after 9/11 why have we spent so much money running all over the world chasing terrorist? That money would have been better spent beefing up our security right here at home.
For the amount of money we have spent in the last 15 years fighting the war on terror we could have could have made our borders impenetrable. for the amount of money that we`ve spent we could have hired enough security people to stand shoulder to shoulder along both our borders 24 hours a day.we could have hired enough people to inspect every container that arrived on every ship and aircraft, and still had a lot of money left over.

to me it seems like common sense that if you are attacked you pull your troops together and create a secure perimeter, you don`t send your troops running far and wide,helter skelter looking for the attackers.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As George Carlin said about war and pulling out...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
ISIS is waiting to fulfill their Mahdi Prophecy

They are trying to draw all the powers into the area in order to facilitate that.....

Their leader has even renamed himself to take on the name of the 12th IMAM who is suppose to lead them to this prophecy...

EVERYTHING they are doing is by design

Those are important points you highlight. But there seems to be a significant difference between Isis and previous incarnations such as Al Qaeda, namely that The Islamic State is a geographical entity - and Baghdadi, the declared caliph, holds an obligation to maintain the caliphate - in fact he is charged with expanding it. His legitimacy is tied to it.

Without territory the Islamic State fails to be a caliphate.

Taking away their territory i.e. legitimacy, & it might just be the way to go this time. But it shouldn't be the U.S taking the lead. Internationally there is quite a degree of concensus on the need to deal with Isis , among Middle Eastern Nations and the Superpowers etc..

Isis have killed plenty of fellow Muslims (or apostates as they see them) - I think other nations need to take the lead on this issue.

Turkey however, are playing by their own rules and view the Kurds as the greater threat and that adds a whole new level of complexity.

edit on 144988582812bFri, 11 Dec 2015 20:03:48 -0600pmth0000001200000048 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: UmbraSumus

Taking away their territory i.e. legitimacy, & it might just be the way to go this time. But it shouldn't be the U.S taking the lead. Internationally there is quite a degree of consensus on the need to deal with Isis , among Middle Eastern Nations and the Superpowers etc..

What? You are not permitted to make sense on ATS anymore. You've been gone too long. You must include lots of hate in your posts, otherwise, intelligence doesn't count for much around here anymore. Trying using bolding and all caps, and curse. Be sure and insult the person to whom you are responding.

Actually..... excellent post!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join