It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Threatens To Leave The GOP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Bye Benlicia.

Seriously, does anybody care at this point? That dude lost me a while ago with some of his comments. Nobody is leaving their party because it would destroy any chance they have of winning the election.

I don't believe there's any true two party divide.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

carson is an idiot - the GOP should take any opportunity to get rid of him

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: MotherMayEye

carson is an idiot - the GOP should take any opportunity to get rid of him

I think they just did....His Third party threat is just him trying to save face.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Carson could join Trump's WhIG Party

Or there will be hell toupee.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

lol

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

The GOP is basically left with just a handful of options. They've always operated as the big tent party and as a result they have a lot of factions. There's the establishment guys that fiscally conservative and socially moderate, the evangelicals that are fiscally moderate and socially conservative, and the tea party which are extremely conservative fiscally and socially conservative. There's probably a couple other factions as well.

What's happening is that the establishment group is making up a smaller and smaller portion of their party as the evangelicals and TP have gained ground in the past several elections. Now each group has enough pull that they want their person and policies in the White House. The problem is that the 2 newer groups hate the establishment essentially forming two sides, and regardless of who wins the other side is likely to not vote... or worse split into their own party.

What the GOP is trying to do now, is to kick out the loud mouthed trouble makers and hope that gets the voters in line. It's probably not going to work though. The GOP is in real trouble of fracturing into irrelevancy, and it's not just that Trump and Carson are forcing the issue, this problem has been growing for about 6-8 years now.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Bye Benlicia.

Seriously, does anybody care at this point? That dude lost me a while ago with some of his comments. Nobody is leaving their party because it would destroy any chance they have of winning the election.

I don't believe there's any true two party divide.

Between those in power there isn't. They have ideological differences, but most of them get along. Whether they're in the same party or opposing ones it's all about playing the game to stay in power. There's no additional hate for people... unless they're named Ted Cruz.

The partisan divide is only a thing to pretend exists in the media, and something ordinary people actually feel. Just look at how many here hate conservatives or hate liberals. That hate only exists for regular people, not for those in power.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join