It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop saying "muslim rights" or "christian rights" !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I've seen terms like these WAY too often these days. Here in USA we have HUMAN rights, we have a constitution, a bill of rights, we have local, state, and federal laws and rights that apply to ALL CITIZENS.

First, I specifically say citizens because immigration is NOT A RIGHT. It's a process, a privilege, having open doors to the entire world would not be a good idea and we should not act like it would be. We have a lot of work to do in our own house before we extend our hands and welcome everyone else, I am not against immigration - I am very against acting like it's an inalienable right, though. All should be expected to assimilate, or not be welcomed. Why are people so against muslims? It's NOT an ethnic thing, it's not even a religious thing - It's their way of life, their system, their laws, sharia law is contrary to how we live, and cannot be spread/expected to be honored and followed elsewhere.

Secondly, religion does not give you more rights, or protection, or anything extra than anyone else! Sharia law, or any other religious beliefs that are contrary to our current laws - can take a hike. - I fully believe ALL immigrants should have to vow to follow USA law/constitution/deny all other laws that are contrary to, otherwise be denied access to the states indefinitely.

Religion also doesn't give you the right to ignore laws, regulations, or otherwise. No, it's not okay for your christian charity to operate in a different way from any other charity, no you should no be given any type of special treatment at all because of your beliefs - Not when the government is involved. It's not okay for religious beliefs to extend into governing policies/practices. Practice what you want at home, teach your kids what you want, but don't expect the nation to cater to your specific beliefs.

Anyways, I hope all you good members of ATS have a good weekend.

Deadlyhope

edit on 11-12-2015 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I love it. I think you are correct. I am a native Cherokee that lives in my nation. Where do you stand on us? No judgment, just curious. I missed the immigration bus. My religion was mother earth.

BTW, I can fish and hunt without a licenses.

I cant speak for everyone, but if you reside where you come from then.... Well...
edit on 11-12-2015 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ttropia

This is a tougher aspect to tackle, I'm not a history buff nor very educated on native people . I do think it's good that different reservations, government benefits and the like exist for natives, though. It's a form of respect to the people who were in America before it even became the United states of America. I'm talking about modern times, others wanting their flavor of change in the nation based on their way of life and beliefs.

I am for reservations having their own sovereignty, though. It's a bit different of a situation, and calls for a different mindset in my own opinion.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I hope I keep on the Right topic. Citizens of this country have rights here that are more than in other parts of the world. The UN does stipulate inevitable or human rights for everyone in under their jurisdiction.

Basically these rights can disappear if you break certain laws that govern them. If you are breaking into someone's home, you are violating their rights and they have the right to kill you as do law enforcement officers. Our human rights are contingent on us following guidelines, if you are in trouble and have a weapon, the rights of others trumps your rights.

Interpretation of our rights can be all over the board.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

This is a tougher aspect to tackle, I'm not a history buff nor very educated on native people . I do think it's good that different reservations, government benefits and the like exist for natives, though. It's a form of respect to the people who were in America before it even became the United states of America. I'm talking about modern times, others wanting their flavor of change in the nation based on their way of life and beliefs.

I am for reservations having their own sovereignty, though. It's a bit different of a situation, and calls for a different mindset in my own opinion.

You have a good view point. As a native I expect no special treatment. Not interested in a hand out, but a few laws on the books could be overlooked when on the res. It basically is that way now. I am not complaining at all.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttropia

originally posted by: deadlyhope

You have a good view point. As a native I expect no special treatment. Not interested in a hand out, but a few laws on the books could be overlooked when on the res. It basically is that way now. I am not complaining at all.

The reservations have laws that are also sometimes stricter than the US laws too. Just like some communities have policies governing their jurisdiction. States are the same way.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Personally, I like that the U.S. has jurisdiction to prevent inhuman laws within the tribe. If I enjoy the oversight, I must also accept the Federal and state laws too.

I feel that if you migrate, accept the environment. If you stay where you are from, don't let any one else change the place. That makes for good logic doesn't it?

Also, If you own the place, you should have a say in if you want to allow immigration. I have this wild idea, let the people vote on it! In the information age we live in, why can't we directly vote on more decisions. I say replace senate and house with online voters that can actually read the bill.

Read the bill. --> Take an online test to prove you read the bill. --> Vote on it.
edit on 11-12-2015 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I agree.
People think that we should let everyone in should look at it like this. ...
If you are having a hard time paying your bills, and your home needs major repairs, would you let a strange person move into your home? And when they just come in through the back door and then start telling you that they aren't going to leave. Then on top of that, they don't have to live by your rules in fact you have to change the way you live to make them happy.
That is how I feel we are being treated.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I believe we definitely have the technology and social ability to allow the people to vote on so much more, and I'm all for it. You'd see some problems arise., the average citizen isn't knowledgeable about some things the government has to deal with - but if we encouraged this type of education, we could expand citizen voting to nearly all aspects of government. A government literally ran by the people.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

You're right in that no immigrant has a "right" to come here. There is nothing in the US Constitution that guarantees the rights of citizenship to anyone who walks over the border.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's a tough subject. Immigration is not a right but immigrants invading a country that helped formulate your perspective is? I agree it is a privilege , not one to be forced . The laws of the land changed when you enacted your human rights and laws. My point being things change. If it wasn't for this "privilege" you wouldn't have these views.

It seems all responses are contrary to the beliefs that helped your nation become so.
edit on 11-12-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

I would say because we are contempt, complacent, and cozy.

join