It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter Announces ban on Iranian Immigration to US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I guess Jimmy Carter is a right wing racist.

I think Obama and the left have created Trump. These elections are usually reactions to the last Presidency. When Bush was elected he was pushed as a family man as opposed to the Clinton scandals. Obama was hope and change from George Bush who was accused of being a war monger so they elected someone whose dangerously naive when it comes to dealing with terrorist and leadership on the world stage.

Because Obama is seen as weak and someone who lacks leadership, Trump is seen as a breathe of fresh air when it comes to political correctness. People are really tired of corrupt politicians and the Obama administration has taken political correctness to a new level.

The fact is you can't say anything about Islam or you're a racist and you hate all Muslims. Hillary Clinton said this has nothing to do with Islam. It has everything to do with Islam. The terrorist have an irrational, radical view of passages in the Quran. This is what needs to be addressed by Clerics and moderate Muslims. Passages like this:

Quran (9:14) - "Fight against them so that Allah will punish them by your hands and disgrace them and give you victory over them and heal the breasts of a believing people."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Why are these terrorist taking these passages literally? You can't even begin to ask these questions or you're a racist that hates all Muslims. There's violence in other religious text but any mention of that is just a diversion from the issue. We're talking about radical Islam and when young Muslims grow up in Countries that take everything in the Quuran as literally true without any historical context, then you have some who think these passages are litterally true. When you grow up where woman can't drive or show their faces or women who get raped are the ones at fault in 2015 of course this will breed people who take everything in the Quran as literal without any historical context.

The sad thing is, the PC crowd has made everyone scared to say anything out of fear of being labeled a racist. So when the neighbor saw suspicious activity in San Bernardino, they didn't report it out of fear of being labeled a racist and a person that hates all Muslims.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

How does a complete break in diplomatic relations, in response to the hostage crisis, translate to racism?

While I don't support Trump's statements; his rationale is so very different from Carter's at that point in history.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

What's next after Trump? A full on dictatorship or theocracy?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

In order to rationalize their hypocrisy, the usual suspects will claim that this was just a country. Now ask yourselves if Trump wanted to ban Mexicans from coming across the border. Would they not be just as outraged? If there is one thing left wingers are good at, it's rationalizing their hypocrisy.
edit on 11-12-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

There are many issues that you can compare - Roosevelt and the Japanese Internment camps for example.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: neoholographic

How does a complete break in diplomatic relations, in response to the hostage crisis, translate to racism?

While I don't support Trump's statements; his rationale is so very different from Carter's at that point in history.

How does temporarily banning members of a certain religion translate to racism?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yeah it's 'ok' though he's got a D by the side of his name.

The sad thing is, the PC crowd has made everyone scared to say anything out of fear of being labeled a racist

I think the sad part here is Trump, and 'right' wing critics think being a muslim has anything to do with ones' 'race'.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
two totally different things

Apples and oranges

One was done for diplomatic reasons the other is basically racist in my opinion and Carters banning of Iranians in response to the hostage crisis is now being used by xenophobes as a precedent for a total ban on allowing Muslims into America which is a wholly stupid idea anyway

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

This just got exciting.

A great discussion we shall have!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

It hasn't happened, and it's not racism.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

that was well-said

2nd
edit on 11-12-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

So when a bunch of Shia radical Islamist seized American hostages is 'different' that the SB attack, and other terrorist attacks over the last 40 years ?

In my opinion not so much.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

When was the last time you heard someone support the internment camps. They are a dark stain on America's history and you will be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks FDR was in the right.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

It hasn't happened, and it's not racism.

Well in many countries discrimination against race and religion are covered by the same laws, in the uk for instance if I were to not give a Muslim a job because he was Muslim from a legal point of view I would be being just "Racist" if i were to do the same to a black guy. Thats probably why quite a lot of people would describe Trumps comments as "racist".

For quite a lot of the world race is more then the colour of your skin.
edit on 11-12-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So when a bunch of Shia radical Islamist seized American hostages is 'different' that the SB attack, and other terrorist attacks over the last 40 years ?

History. It's an important thing to know.

The seizing of Americans was a state-sponsored operation. As a result, the US denied entry for anyone from that state as a result of the dire diplomatic developments.

Perhaps a bit more historical enlightenment might provide the context that inspired the attack on the embassy, and seizing of hostages.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

And they would be entirely wrong.

Religion is a choice. It's learned behavior.

Two things people have absolute control over as opposed to the color of skin.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think the biggest problem is nobody wants to admit there is nothing we can do to stop terrorism. We have to admit they are welcome to come try and blow themselves up in our supermarkets and gun down our citizens. Of course we will defend ourselves at that time if we are able to.

So short of radical ideas like banning muslims from entering the country, nothing can be done.

link   
I finally see the light, its really jimmy carters fault

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I remember my dad justified the interment of Japanese Americans along with German Americans. He agreed while a lot may be innocent he said somewhere along the lines of 'you will never know who is actually a spy. it's best to take precautions.'

edit on 11-12-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

And they would be entirely wrong.

Religion is a choice. It's learned behavior.

Two things people have absolute control over as opposed to the color of skin.

Yeah thats right i keep forgetting the rest of the world is wrong if it disagrees with a American view point.....

They are not wrong just have developed a more progressive idea of race much in the same way as we have much more developed ideas around gender and so on.

And to be clear it is a legal position that you can be racist towards a Muslim just like you could be towards a ethnic group, the same is true of nationality

edit on 11-12-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join