It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS 03.07: Radical Right Wing Terrorism; That's Right, We Said it.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: karmicecstasy

You're just gonna have to accept that politics is meant to divide and this thread, nor any others, will change that. People cling to their camp and fight for it tooth and nail.

Why? My ideology has changed many times throughout my life. By debate and self reflection. I NEVER felt the need to "defend". See my siggy.

Threads aren't gonna bring people together or tear them apart. The institution of politics itself needs to be re-hauled.

Yes. BOTH SIDES, of any given issue, maybe not even political. See the opportunity to learn something. As opposed defending what you believe to the death.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: neo96

Lucidity, you don't have a clue who it is you really insult day in and day out. You buy into stupid narrow minded stereotypes that might represent a tiny fraction, but the vast representative majority are left out.

In all fairness, I probably do the same thing. I see liberals as weak, shallow, government grubbing takers, one-layer thinkers, and hyperbolic fakers. But, I actually know that some are not like that. I recently made a new friend and she and I have totally opposite political views, but I think she's cool and she thinks I'm cool and we are enjoying our friendship and laughing at ourselves.

America has problems and we're all trying to clean house and make America great again, to use a slogan.

No. I don't buy into a single stereotype. Never did. Because, darlin, I don't care. I see people as individuals.

I'm glad you made a new friend. That's so sweet

You on the other hand...well just reread that.

Make America Hate Again is more like it.

ETA: And there are some individuals I would drive 500 miles to go around.
edit on 12/11/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I am just surprised so many smart people on all sides have fallen for this trap. I know its elections season, but come on man.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well then since it's been 'clearly' established.

That I'm a terrorist because I don't like abortion, and believe in a god that isn't called the US government.

I want to know when said government is gonna start giving me 'ASSUALT' weapons or is that only reserved to TERRORISTS in the middle east.

Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Terrorism: "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives" - US Code of Federal Regulations. link

**Any individual or group of individuals, irrespective of their political, ethnic or racial persuasion, who proactively harms an innocent human or humans as a result of their political, ethnic or racial persuasion is a terrorist.

and in keeping with the "right wing" flavor of this thread, George W Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld carried out the most barbaric act of terrorism in modern history against the Middle East in pursuit of Oil, killing scores of innocents during their campaign of terror. This same animal then elected the left wing to continue adding fuel to that fire...to this day.

Christian domestic terrorists or Islamic extremist terrorists are simply light-weights and no where as adept at terrorism and meting out terrorist acts as the US government. The single word I highlighted in the above definition however, is the US governments get-out-of-jail-free-card because he who makes the laws, defines who is exempt from them, so when the US government kills innocent civilians, it's "legal" and when lone nutters or anti-US establishments do it, it's "illegal".

** - That is my definition of a terrorist by the way

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
First of all...how dare you call it "right-wing terrorism"! Neither the President nor the democratic likely nominee will use those words along with "Islamic" and I assume you support them and their views. Apparently, as I've always said...what is right to the left depends upon to whom it is addressed. That is typically call hypocritical and the person stating it...a hypocrite.

And on the topic of Donald Trump's idea to keep Muslims from entering the country...do you stay a distance from people with the flu? Would you wear a breathing mask if there was potentially poison in the room? Do you look both ways before crossing the street? These are logical actions people take to avoid being injured or killed. They are not done out of fear, but out of the need and desire to be safe. Pointing a finger at the people who support Trump's idea and saying that they are scared of fearful is not only insulting (as it was intended)...but it is also a lie.

Stop trying to twist the situation to something that makes others look bad when you know very well, the truth. If you can't win an argument with the truth...it shouldn't be won.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

and in keeping with the "right wing" flavor of this thread, George W Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld carried out the most barbaric act of terrorism in modern history against the Middle East in pursuit of Oil, killing scores of innocents during their campaign of terror. This same animal then elected the left wing to continue adding fuel to that fire...to this day.

I simply can not abide this comment.

It was the other side that worships at the alter of Jeremiah Wrght, Louis Farakan, and the 'good' reverend Al Sharpton.

But I digress that right wing terrorsim was perfectly acceptable.

Cruise missiles,no fly zones, sanctions et al.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
And on the topic of Donald Trump's idea to keep Muslims from entering the country...do you stay a distance from people with the flu? Would you wear a breathing mask if there was potentially poison in the room?

Did you just equate 1.6 billion people to a disease? Hey man, Donald needs a running mate.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

When a right wing Christian murders people based on their religion and politics they are a LONE WOLF. Everyone else who does the same thing are TERRORISTS!!!!!1

When a Mass Killer Is a White Christian, He's a Lone Lunatic, but When He's Muslim, He Represents All Muslims

In the past few weeks, Colorado Springs and San Bernardino have joined the contemporary American lexicon as shorthand terms for mass shootings. These locales will live in infamy alongside Columbine, Sandy Hook, and Virginia Tech.

You can see the deep rifts that define American culture in the diametrically opposed ways various media outfits and grandstanding politicians represent the perpetrators of these horrific crimes. This divide goes beyond the argument between the NRA, with its thoughts-and-prayers-but-no-laws brigade of bought-and-paid-for pols, and people who want to enforce that pesky "well-regulated" part of the Second Amendment.

Differences in how criminals from different backgrounds are depicted by the media and by politicians should be front and center in this conversation.

How is that ?

The only calls I hear every time there is a 'mass' shooting( a made up term like Assualt Weapon from the same people)

Are constantly trying to ban GUNS not 'Christians'.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There's a big difference between fetal tissue and 'baby parts'....

Plus it's for research, so what's the problem? Shall we just stop researching disease prevention etc?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I simply can not abide this comment. Yes you can because the "animal" I refer to is both right and left wing and neither at the same time. That animal is the shadow US government and the act of terrorism I was referring to overtly started 26 days after 9/11 and went into full-retard mode at the invasion of Iraq in 03.

As much as Joe suggests it is, these acts of terrorism are not so much a right vs left thing - it's more a "US government controlled by global corporate oligarchies" against "innocent taxpayers/workers" thing.

The proof is in the death count - scores of innocents die in the myriad of terrorist acts carried out. Very little or no government representatives are killed or their infrastructure destroyed or their rights and freedoms taken away or their accountability questioned or surveillance on them ramped up - it's ALWAYS the innocent civilians who are killed then subsequently punished.....for being killed!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I want to know when said government is gonna start giving me 'ASSUALT' weapons or is that only reserved to TERRORISTS in the middle east.

Pull up your bootstraps and buy your own damned firearms. Quit asking for a government handout like some welfare queen.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: conz1992

Plus it's for research, so what's the problem? Shall we just stop researching disease prevention etc?

Do you get excited when NASA puts out a statement of "Possible LIFE found on Mars"? Most of the time when we get these tidbits, it isn't that they found a furry animal running around the planet, but a cellular "life form".

So I guess the question for the scientific community is, how can a "Life Form on a cellular level" found on a planet be evidence of LIFE, but a much more advance cellular life form in a womb can be so easily tossed aside as being a non life form?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

As much as Joe suggests it is, these acts of terrorism are not so much a right vs left thing - it's more a "US government controlled by global corporate oligarchies" against "innocent taxpayers/workers" thing.

I would say Terrorism has been more of a push back from the decades of 'alternative' energy.

The church of climatology messed with opec's money, and OPEC sicced their 'blackwaters' on everyone.

But hell what do I know.

I'm just your average Christian terrorist.
edit on 11-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
We are indeed a nation being led into deep divisions; political, religious... along with race hatreds coming from ALL sectors which then, of course, eventually leads to a civil war.

This is required; those with plans for tomorrow where all of humanity belongs to them, those who need us to take ourselves down.

Of course, we could just say NO to all of it and focus upon our own lives; those of family and loved ones, each simply seeking to survive daily existence. Live and let live.

But, no.
Political animosity, bloody religious hatreds, racial divisions from every color and ethnicity; that is where it is all at!!

Glad I won't be around to see it come to pass.

See yall on the other side

edit on 11-12-2015 by redoubt because: zzt

edit on 11-12-2015 by redoubt because: zzt2

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Pull up your bootstraps and buy your own damned firearms. Quit asking for a government handout like some welfare queen.

Clearly missed the point there I see.

Christian terrorism is supposedly the same as Islamic terrorism.

And yet only one of those get's guns, and money after a killing spree.

And it's not them christian 'terrorists'.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

You're just gonna have to accept that politics is meant to divide and this thread, nor any others, will change that. People cling to their camp and fight for it tooth and nail.

Why? My ideology has changed many times throughout my life. By debate and self reflection. I NEVER felt the need to "defend". See my siggy.

Threads aren't gonna bring people together or tear them apart. The institution of politics itself needs to be re-hauled.

Yes. BOTH SIDES, of any given issue, maybe not even political. See the opportunity to learn something. As opposed defending what you believe to the death.

Well that's true, people can grow and become more of this or more of that but as seen in any political thread here on ATS or just in the media itself there are many who identify with one group and stick to it.

In a perfect world, when a thread is posted it would be nice if everyone would learn from it and have a civil conversation but from my experience that's usually not the case. I'm sure a smaller number of people do learn but the majority will come in swinging while completely ignoring the thread at hand, usually posting their own biased information to counter the OP they've completely ignored. This thread itself is a shining example of that.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Election seasons does indeed trap many, as seen with Trump, but the same smart people remain in their political spectrum year round.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

Feel the same way.

I won't take another life until my life is threatened, but most of those who worship their political affiliation as a bound in truth religion? Won't have a damn clue as to how or what to do to survive when their corrupt government hides in their tax payer built bunker, waiting out the storm of what they created!

Yet? People still believe the lies of politicians as those of faith believe the words of their religious affiliation....

I can't count how many times I have seen people who don't have a belief or faith say how all religion has got to go, YET they put their faith in corrupt politicians and scientists paid to lie without hesitation.

edit on 11-12-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: conz1992

Do you get excited when NASA puts out a statement of "Possible LIFE found on Mars"? Most of the time when we get these tidbits, it isn't that they found a furry animal running around the planet, but a cellular "life form".

So I guess the question for the scientific community is, how can a "Life Form on a cellular level" found on a planet be evidence of LIFE, but a much more advance cellular life form in a womb can be so easily tossed aside as being a non life form?

And no one sees the connection between this terrorist and where he got his inspiration? "Oh no. We hate abortion but don't support nuts." Stop inspiring them then. Unfathomable that people can be so blind.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join