It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit Saying People are Supporting Trump Out of Fear...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Well, I'm a bit concerned to actually quote what you say because you will wrongly accuse me of some sort of slick editing.

Honestly, I don;t know how to respond in a way that is relevant to your ignorant little rants. Chalk it up as a win if you like. I can only take so much of you at one time.

By the way, you're not using straw man in it's proper context.

Yeah yeah... and now the name calling, right on queue.

And yes, it was straw man tactics. When you edit someones comment then attack it based on what you just did - that is straw man. You quote only a small part of a sentence and then try to debunk it when the whole statement would stand against your claim, and I called you on it. You have been denying ever since. Man up and own it. You know, dust yourself off and take another hit for the team.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Because there have been multiple news stories out there that have reported that our process is inadequate and has not been addressed and because one of the SB shooters came in under a fiancée visa after having been radicalized.

Obviously, the process put in place did not work either than or now.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: ketsuko

National security, peace and prosperity for those of us already here (including many Muslims) should not be frittered away just so we don't look mean and nonjudgmental. The radicals will not love us because we let them come here.

I don't care if I look mean and judgmental. What I care about is some people knee-jerking so hard that we lose even more of our rights so that people can feel safe that scary Muslims will not cross the border and kill us.

National security my ass.

Tashfeen Malik says otherwise.

She had all the red flags and our screening process didn't catch her. Make one that will and we can start immigrating again.

So you would give up liberty for security.

At least you admitted that....i guess.

The liberty of American citizens is not being sacrificed. Rather it is a stated duty of our elected officials to secure the borders.

You speak as though you view foreign nationals as analogous to American citizens and that is a false equivalence they do not have the same constitutional protections we enjoy for being citizens.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

National security, peace and prosperity for those of us already here (including many Muslims) should not be frittered away just so we don't look mean and nonjudgmental. The radicals will not love us because we let them come here.

I don't care if I look mean and judgmental. What I care about is some people knee-jerking so hard that we lose even more of our rights so that people can feel safe that scary Muslims will not cross the border and kill us.

National security my ass.

Tashfeen Malik says otherwise.

She had all the red flags and our screening process didn't catch her. Make one that will and we can start immigrating again.

So you would give up liberty for security.

At least you admitted that....i guess.

The liberty of American citizens is not being sacrificed. Rather it is a stated duty of our elected officials to secure the borders.

You speak as though you view foreign nationals as analogous to American citizens and that is a false equivalence they do not have the same constitutional protections we enjoy for being citizens.

Do you understand why this nation was founded?

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights

You speak in an elitist way that denies the rightful freedoms we are all granted by our creator.

ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That's the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution. One of those two documents is the law of the land and the other is not.

Now if you want to declare a new revolution ... the Declaration of Independence might be where you ought to look.

But that does not change the reality that foreign nationals have no right to simply come here because they feel like it; if they did, there is no reason to have borders. Immigration is not a right granted to every person in the known universe. It is the prerogative of Congress and the Executive to determine who comes here and under what conditions that may or may not occur.

Btw, why so sexist?

edit on 11-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I didn't say it was the constitution. I'm confused.

Did you read my post?

But that does not change the reality that foreign have no right to simply come here because they feel like it. Immigration is not a right granted to every person in the known universe. It is the prerogative of Congress and the Executive to determine who comes here and under what conditions that may or may not occur.

Read it again. Perhaps you may get it the second time around.

Btw, why so sexist?

Sexist?

What are you talking about?
edit on 11-12-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's the opposite. They are tired of being made to be afraid.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I didn't say it was the constitution. I'm confused.

Did you read my post?

Yes ...

Read it again. Perhaps you may get it the second time around.

I get that you think that people who owe no allegiance to this nation or its laws have the same legal protections as citizens of this nation. Basically, you effectively just annexed every citizen of every other nation in the world. I wonder what their governments think of that and you effort to make our constitution, laws, and values supreme to their own?

Sexist?

Well you felt the need to shout it at me as though I am dense or something ... I figured you didn't want me to miss it.

Getting down to brass tacks, if every person in the world is basically legally a citizen of this nation, why does everyone get so bent out of shape when we go on foreign adventures with our military?

Oh ... maybe it's because they AREN'T citizens of our nation but citizens of other nations and beholden to those nations and the laws and whims of the government thereof. They are foreign nationals, they do not owe allegiance to this country and will not do so until they are naturalized.

They have no legal right to come here and live in this country until they pass whatever process the law of the land deems fit.

You can recognize whatever you think you want, but their status is just that legally.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
investmentwatchblog.com...

Every since Alex Jones and Morgan had that memorable interview, not sure I'd be seeing this. But he makes it very clear:

“As Obama is seen to be fiddling while Rome burns, Trump is seen, whether you agree with him or not, to at least have an understanding of the immediacy and scale of the threat and a clear determination to try and deal with it,” Morgan wrote. “Trump just takes a firm position and smashes it into the public consciousness in brusque, simple, uncompromising language that everyone can understand.”

It's not fear, it's complete jaw on the ground disbelief that such a villain is in office and more concerned with appeasing the feelings of those belonging to the most high risk ideology on earth, that to most of us is a political fascist system and cult, than standing up for his own citizens. And all the other leaders following suit.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Well you felt the need to shout it at me as though I am dense or something ... I figured you didn't want me to miss it.

The real emphasis was that ALL men are created equal. Man and woman.

Your interpretation is...well, comparable to someone who would say that I'm a racist because I said "you people".

Pathetic, really.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is what most of us predicted, most citizen's in the all western countries get it. We absolutely get it.

patriotupdate.com...

www.express.co.uk...

It's not fear. It's justice. And some of us want the leaders brought to justice ASAP.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
This is what most of us predicted, most citizen's in the all western countries get it. We absolutely get it.

patriotupdate.com...

www.express.co.uk...

It's not fear. It's justice. And some of us want the leaders brought to justice ASAP.

To me it's about respect.

They say Trump is not tolerant of other people.

The intolerance shown on just this thread is astonishing.

He is one of 13 candidates. Normally rational people are going nuts.

I don't care for Hillary. But, if someone wants to vote for her, fine.

But, if we like Trump we have to be bigots.

Fun times..Who are the real intolerant people.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

So people need to be tolerant of a fascist candidate?

People need to sit back and let history repeat itself?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

There are plenty of reasons to be intolerant of hilary. The tolerance the person wanted was not for trump, but tolerance towards those who support him.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: crazyewok

There are plenty of reasons to be intolerant of hilary. The tolerance the person wanted was not for trump, but tolerance towards those who support him.

FFS

What is the deal with you Americans thinking in two dimensional partasian terms?

Just cause I dont like like trump doesnt mean I would particularly like to see a clinton II either.

You do know there are other candidates rights?

Still i think a fascist scumbag like trump is the worst candidate. That does not mean I love Hillary though.
edit on 12-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You really don't understand why people flock to Trump ?

I truly don't understand why you inferred that from my post. I said nothing to indicate I don't understand that. I said I was afraid that's the case.

Your OP said we were the ones that were afraid. I was agreeing. Albeit my reasoning for it was certainly not inline with your approval of him.
edit on 12-12-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

You really don't understand why people flock to Trump ?

I truly don't understand why you inferred that from my post. I said nothing to indicate I don't understand that. I said I was afraid that's the case.

Your OP said we were the ones that were afraid. I was agreeing. Albeit my reasoning for it was certainly not inline with your approval of him.

I apologize for getting it so wrong.

I was replying to several people at once.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

In your opinion, what do the Fox viewer numbers indicate?

It indicates to me that the notion this propaganda machine is a vehicle for the left is rather baseless. If it were controlled by them [as you stated], and the news station with the highest viewers is right-leaning, then what could they possibly be achieving? Surely if they were in control, and desired spouting leftist propaganda, they would act on this dilemma. Yet, this station has long held the viewership #1 slot. Not much control since they are seemingly so powerless. My point is, the evidence is contrary to the idea the media is controlled by the left. That's my opinion since you asked.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
fascism didn't work the first time...

what makes people think it will work now?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

a reply to: darkbake

Because there have been multiple news stories out there that have reported that our process is inadequate and has not been addressed and because one of the SB shooters came in under a fiancée visa after having been radicalized.

Obviously, the process put in place did not work either than or now.

The solution is not to ban all Muslims, that is a silly way to approach the issue because being a Muslim does not make someone violent and someone who is violent may not be a Muslim. The correct way to approach the issue is to see whether or not someone is affiliated with violent groups, and other things of that matter. We could always use a better screening process.

One example of a Muslim being violent is not enough to justify banning all Muslim immigrants. If that were the case, one example of a white person being violent would be enough to justify banning all white immigrants, or a Christian being violent would be enough to justify banning all Christian immigrants.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join