It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit Saying People are Supporting Trump Out of Fear...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I'm not surprised that people are attracted to the fantasy that Trump represents. I make my living from people that will believe and pay for fantasy, critical thinking thrown out the window for a huskster promising a moment of relief from their banal, pitiful, sad little lives.

Capitalism at it's greatest achievement.
edit on 11-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Yes but,

We don't hold Celebrity's to a very high standard.

I take this in more than one way, please elaborate.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ringdingdong

Yes but,

We don't hold Celebrity's to a very high standard.

I take this in more than one way, please elaborate.

Trump being a Celeb is getting away with mistakes a Politician could not make.

Just an observation.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm not surprised that people are attracted to the fantasy that Trump represents. I make my living from people that will believe and pay for fantasy, critical thinking thrown out the window for a huskster promising a moment of relief from their banal, pitiful sad little lives.

Capitalism at it's greatest achievement.

Nice call...

Who doesn't want to "Make America Great Again".

It's attractive to many.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Okay, fair enough. It's interesting that his supporters are willing to omit his lies due to his celebrity status.

So for trump supporters:

1. politicians lying not okay.

2. celebrities lying okay.

3. celebrity attempting to be a politician still lying okay.

my question:

4. once celebrity turned politician currently lying okay or not okay?

though I can see how some people would be on auto-pilot and allow slack for a celeb, it seems absurd to not have a red-flag going off and turn the auto pilot off once he's trying to get into office.

it seems sticking to auto-pilot is what's necessary to be a trump supporter?
edit on 11-12-2015 by ringdingdong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Fine. I won't say people support Trump out of fear. It's more truthful to say that people support Trump out of sheer recklessness and utter ignorance... so I'll say that.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Then why are we argueing?

Long as your not voteing trump I dont see a problem.

We are not actually arguing, I just said it would be extremely hard to out screw up Obama. I'm at the point that America deserves everything they vote for. I position myself so that none of it affects me much, so it really doesn't matter to me when we vote crap in over and over. The few that look like good candidates we chew up and spit out as quick as possible, and so good ones just do not want to deal with it. To Trump it is like fun and so he fuels the fires, but in the end it is all bull. Everyone seems to be hurting but then they voted Obama back in for 4 more bad years just to keep the pain coming, and if they vote Hillary, Trump, Bush in then they can just suck it up all I care.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ringdingdong

Okay, fair enough. It's interesting that his supporters are willing to omit his lies due to his celebrity status.

So for trump supporters:

1. politicians lying not okay.

2. celebrities lying okay.

3. celebrity attempting to be a politician still lying okay.

my question:

4. once celebrity turned politician currently lying okay or not okay?

though I can see how some people would be on auto-pilot and allow slack for a celeb, it seems absurd to not have a red-flag going off and turn the auto pilot off once he's trying to get into office.

it seems sticking to auto-pilot is what's necessary to be a trump supporter?

Nice points...

Can people pull the lever for Trump in November ?

I don't think anyone could last that long.

Trump is really in uncharted territory. So, who knows.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

Fine. I won't say people support Trump out of fear. It's more truthful to say that people support Trump out of sheer recklessness and utter ignorance... so I'll say that.

I respect your right to hate his guts.

Can you give his supporters the same respect ?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think a lot of it has to do with Trump being the first person in a long time to raise issues the establishment press and politicos have studiously ignored and used the PC bat to batter anyone who does try to raise them ... until Trump came along and told them all to go take a flying leap.

Immigration issues have been an elephant in the room forever now, and all it took was someone who could not be cowed to raise that issue, and the recent terrorism flap is related to that.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm not particularly fond of Obama, but I have to point out this bit of ridiculousness:

Trump supporters like that Trump is a "Washington outsider", and "not a politician," etc. They like to prop him up as an ordinary American, when he was obviously born rich, and boasts about how he "buys and sells" influence in politics. Meanwhile, they'll prop Trump's supposed "outsiderness" up against Obama's lack of political experience? Obama was a US senator before being elected president, and before that was, as they love to point out, a "community organizer." I.E. he worked for the community. He was a political outsider, working for the common man for the betterment of his community.

Rant over. Can we please stop using any of these comparisons please? Obama both has more political experience than Trump, and more experience working as an ordinary citizen.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Donald Trump wants to bar ALL Muslims from entering the U.S. even though a majority of shooters in the U.S. in the past decade have been white people. There are only two reasons he would do this - one, he is afraid of Muslims, or two, he is racist against Muslims. His supporters on this policy are honestly either afraid or racist.

A better policy would be one that focuses on crime and mass-shootings and how the risky individuals could be anyone, not just Muslims (in fact the statistics show MANY less Muslim mass-shooters in the U.S.). There would also be screenings based on how dangerous an individual is, not their religion. Some people pointed out that it "wouldn't be possible" to do this and that is why the better alternative is to just ban all Muslims.

Well, banning all Muslims doesn't keep out people who are dangerous and not Muslim, and it doesn't let in good Muslims, so it is really a #ty policy.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Donald Trump wants to bar ALL Muslims from entering the U.S. even though a majority of shooters in the U.S. in the past decade have been white people. There are only two reasons he would do this - one, he is afraid of Muslims, or two, he is racist against Muslims. His supporters on this policy are honestly either afraid or racist.

Wrong.

1.) Islam is not a race; it is a religion.

2.) It is a national security issue. Groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS have declared war on the US for all that we have neither declared war on them -or- acknowledged that declaration in our attempts to seem nonjudgmental and PC. They are, for all practical intents and purposes, a hostile military force that seeks to infiltrate our borders. They do not identify with any national flag save one - The Islamic Caliphate which is not a recognized political entity, but rather an idea held by the body of Islamic believers or Ummah. Not all of the Ummah is sympathetic to the guerilla army in their midst, but poll after poll shows anywhere from 30 to 50% of foreign born Muslims are which is enough of a minority to enable the guerillas to move among them easily. Between these two groups, we should absolutely be wary of allowing Muslim immigration until we can reliably screen them out. They are neither interested in integration with American ideals nor compatible with American values and are not in our interests to bring here and working together would seek to overthrow our nation in enough numbers.

Until we can keep both the guerillas and their sympathizers screened out, the rest of the world's Muslims will simply have to wait. I feel bad about that, but the other scenario is a risk I don't want to take and neither should you.

National security, peace and prosperity for those of us already here (including many Muslims) should not be frittered away just so we don't look mean and nonjudgmental. The radicals will not love us because we let them come here.

edit on 11-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

National security, peace and prosperity for those of us already here (including many Muslims) should not be frittered away just so we don't look mean and nonjudgmental. The radicals will not love us because we let them come here.

I don't care if I look mean and judgmental. What I care about is some people knee-jerking so hard that we lose even more of our rights so that people can feel safe that scary Muslims will not cross the border and kill us.

National security my ass.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Now, people that like Trump only will vote for him out of fear ?

What ?

People are not afraid of Trump. Quit insinuating Trump supporters are scared.

It sounds like you are afraid. You are the one freaking out before a vote being cast.

Doesn't Trump has the right to run for Office ?

Maybe after Obama stole the last Election using the IRS, you forgot how it works.

You see, you don't get to pick who I vote for. You get one vote for yourself.

So, quit telling people who to vote for. People can make their own decision.

It sounds like to me you a afraid of Trump. It's very simple, don't like him.

Don't vote for him. But, quit calling people names because they like Trump.

You are the ones trying to instill fear...

and yeah im #ing scared of Trump.

I know history unlike some it seems and live in a country that got half destroyed by fascists.

So yeah im scared. And dammit im scared people are fooling for the same rhetoric and tactics as Germany did in 1933 and Italy.

I see history repeating itself and its not pretty.

Ah come on now...
Trumps just yanking your chain.
I'm sure he'll hammer out the details later.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I don't care if I look mean and judgmental. What I care about is some people knee-jerking so hard that we lose even more of our rights so that people can feel safe that scary Muslims will not cross the border and kill us.

Tashfeen Malik says otherwise.

She had all the red flags and our screening process didn't catch her. Make one that will and we can start immigrating again.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Huh? What I hear is that the majority of the American public are afraid he'll become president.

I really honestly think that would be PTB and Obama who show some concern, for Trump is putting a damper in their plans.

Been following any of those large numbers of cell phones bought, and the propane cannisters missing? There were other things as well. Gee wonder what that could be for? While more and more events are in the works sponsored by Obama and minions, and his trojan horse crapola, he's telling people to have a heart, show kindness. Its beyond insane.

What people are is Furious. Even across the border, and ocean. Merkel has a visit from Obama and then suddenly opens the gate and destroys her country, unbelievable. What has happened is unbelievable.

White people expect their own countries, and while they share a bit, they expect their nations and constitutions respected, and they also, expect that High Risk groups rarely get in in any numbers.

That includes the mysterious larger growing numbers of immigrants from the past.

They have a government who is not supposed to be ignoring their own citizens who they have an oath of office to serve, while instead they are protecting the feelings of High Risk refugees from exremely anti constitutional countries, the opposite of our values. May they not be hurt. It seems as if there is a hidden Sharia already ruling the nations and its beyond belief. Its criminal and treason!

They're furious, and the actual acts of forcing your way and breaking the law to do so, bringing in dangerous groups, that are criminal endangerment and aiding and abetting terrorism, including by funding Isil. In addition they're furious that he isn't removed from office. That instead he removed the military heads and replaced them with black women. No impeachment and no removal by military for treason.

And completely ignoring the polls.

Trump may end being some kind of secret plot against people, but he's the only Serve and Protect thing the US has, and by default all the others that are for some reason being bullied by this group of evil destroyers of worlds. We renounce and denounce any form of shariah, all abuses of women, burka's, jihabs and all domination of women and children, period. FOREVER!!!!

If I was American, I'd vote for him. And this is unbelievable what we're seeing.

I want all high risk people removed from my country and from North America. Or fixed. and followed all the time.

I have zero tolerance, none, nada, for the plot that has been unfolding since october in Europe and here.

It isn't racism or bigotry to Serve and Protect your nation, your country, its racial demographics, Constitution and Freedoms, its the RIGHT THING TO DO.

It is Racism and extreme Prejudice to conduct an all out war against white middle class nations as the PTB have done.

edit on 11-12-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

It isn't racism, but it is Islamophobia. How do you know that there aren't already protocols in place to keep radical Muslims and those associated with ISIS out of the U.S.? There seem to be tough screening processes in place already for refugees, for example. Trump's policy focuses on banning all Muslims out of fear instead of looking at the situation analytically and choosing the best ways to keep our nation safe.

In the United States, there is no such ease of entry. Here, refugees undergo the strictest screening of any travelers to the country. The process is so exhaustive that it often takes more than two years. So, given a choice between attempting to infiltrate this country by navigating its way through a vigorous and extended vetting process or working to radicalize those already in the United States, where do you think ISIS is concentrating its efforts?

That is why, along with a comprehensive political and military strategy to defeat extremism abroad, our focus must be on preventing ISIS from recruiting to its cause people already on American soil. We need to prevent the radicalization of Americans like the Boston Marathon bombers, who came to the United States as children and lived here for many years before making a violent and abhorrent turn toward extremism.

Boston Globe
edit on 11pmFri, 11 Dec 2015 20:51:14 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 11pmFri, 11 Dec 2015 20:51:40 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: introvert

Tashfeen Malik says otherwise.

She had all the red flags and our screening process didn't catch her. Make one that will and we can start immigrating again.

So you would give up liberty for security.

At least you admitted that....i guess.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Right wing media and propaganda? Does that even exist in a media controlled by the left?

Fox News consistently has the highest number of viewers in the US. Are you suggesting the left controls Fox?....

I think they are all controlled by the same people. In fact, there are more than a few threads here dedicated to that concept.

In your opinion, what do the Fox viewer numbers indicate?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join