It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas Supreme Court Halts Birth Certificates For Same-Sex Partners

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

I didn't say anything about Southern states. In fact, at least one of the states I'm thinking of is technically a northern state.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: NthOther

So where is your outrage for heterosexual couples that do this and list the husband as the father instead of the sperm donor?

You're still not getting it. Your complaint is about two gays. Impossible for either one to give birth to a child. The mother you keep referring to actually gave birth to the child in question when the mother's husband signed the BC.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
how hard would it reaally be to list both the biological parents and the defacto parents ?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

No, YOU aren't getting it. You are trying to make all these rationalizations about why this can't work for gay people when it has been pointed out over and over again that these concessions are already made for heterosexual couples. You are just grasping at straws, which is evident since you don't seem to know that lesbians exist.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

a reply to: TheLotLizard

So your problem is with the law in total, but the controversy in Arkansas is only for homosexual couples. What about heterosexual couples?

Yes the law needs reformed for both homosexual and heterosexual couples and I'll leave it at that.

Good day to you. This whole thread wreaks of PC Bull****

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LSU0408
What if a woman comes in right behind them and chooses the same sperm and the kids meet up later down the road about 18 years and start dating? How would you like to find out that your girlfriend is really your half sister because y'all have the same dad? You have your mom and dad, and you have your biological parents. If they differ, you need to know. So the man can list his name as the father, but it needs to be know who the real father is.

My wife and opted to get a blood test prior to getting our marriage certificate.

In the case where copulatory practices involve familial partners Bubba Joe would not be able to marry Lindsey Sue if they did the same thing.

Probably a good idea. I like the way you stereotyped too, putting the two first names together like a backwoods redneck would do, while making it a point that you didn't marry your cousin. How clever.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
how hard would it reaally be to list both the biological parents and the defacto parents ?

It wouldn't be actually, and as I stated in an earlier post, it could be very important for a child to later in life know who their biological parents were for medical reasons down the road.

Seems like a fair compromise to me: BC's must have biological parents listed, and could also list who has legal guardianship (something that would have to be changed if their is a divorce down the road, etc)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

What if a woman comes in right behind them and chooses the same sperm and the kids meet up later down the road about 18 years and start dating? How would you like to find out that your girlfriend is really your half sister because y'all have the same dad? You have your mom and dad, and you have your biological parents. If they differ, you need to know. So the man can list his name as the father, but it needs to be know who the real father is.

First, the sperm bank likely keeps the records on file. Second, if this problem hasn't happened that badly with heterosexual couples, what makes you think it will happen with homosexual ones? I mean how often have you heard about this happening with heterosexual couples?

Probably more than either of us know. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how a lot of our mentally ill citizens get here.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

THANK YOU! Case closed!

Lol, why is it closed?

Equal application of law and all that.

It was in reference to the mother that gave birth. Not a gay man that didn't give birth.

link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I think the biological parents should be on the birth certificate, just for tracking reasons, IE 2 biological siblings getting married, or genealogical tree in the future, or whatever legal reason there is to know who is who.

If someone is adopted, in a closed adoption, I don't think the resulting birth certificate has the biological parent's name on it. That would mean that they would know the name of the biological parent the second they need their birth certificate for something.

So, in this case, why would it be any different?

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Metallicus
It should be the biological parents on the birth certificate. If an adoption takes place afterwords that is a separate issue. This is a medical record and it contains the genetic information and family history that may be needed by the child later in life. I don't see this as a marriage equality issue, but a statement of fact.

Yeah but how we see it and how "they" will see it is night and day.

Well it is common sense, but yay for the PC agenda I guess.

Why go out of your way to screw up a child's life?

Selfish with a side of ego.

They don't care about anything but making a statement.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Which says nothing about a homosexual couple.

The proper application of the 14th Amendment means it does not have to mention anyone. Equal protection under the law is just that.

Just because some people have a bug up their ass about the gays does not mean they have to be pigeon holed to fit into that person's narrow minded view of the world.

Meh, your hatred for anyone that doesn't see eye to eye with you on special privileges for gays is disturbing. Funny that you claim they're the one with the narrow minded view of the world.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

What about a gay WOMAN that gave birth? Why do you keep ignoring that point?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You're moving goal posts. We were talking about a lab artificially creating a kid that didn't come a pair of nuts or created inside a female, remember? Stay on track Augustus.

Labs do not just whip up children for the hell of it. They are created for persons who are legally adopting them.

Try to follow along.

So what the hell are you blabbing about sperm banks for then? You know exactly what was discussed, and it wasn't about sperm banks. Why would anyone say a sperm bank should help rear a child?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You missed the last part where it says "if their state allows it..."

It's not discrimination just because you disagree with it.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

There is a paper trail involved in those procedures. All of the medical information is on record and available upon request.

As AugustusMasonicus pointed out in cases of sperm bank donation, the legal husband (not the sperm donor) gets listed on the birth certificate. So why should homosexual couples be treated differently?

Because the mother of the child in Augustus's link signs the BC after she gives birth. When has a homosexual ever given birth? Do you understand the wormhole this creates when you guys constantly cry about equal rights? This is not equality, you're looking for special privilege rights. Men can't have a baby together. Women can't have a baby together. That's what nature says, and no amount of protesting and crying will change that. They simply can't give birth to a child.

Lesbians can't give birth? Wow. That's news to me...

You think they're gonna scissor together and make a baby or are you purposely being obtuse?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Damn gays wanting equal rights again??? Jeez!

Gay Couple in Florida Wants Their Names on Children's Birth Certificates

Cathy Pareto and Karla Arguello — the first same-sex couple to marry in Florida — in August filed a lawsuit in federal court in Tallahassee asking that state officials with the department of Vital Statistics be ordered to list both parents on their children’s birth certificates. That month, the couple found that a hospital would include only the birth mother's name on the birth certificate for their twins.
“There is no justification for Florida’s refusal to treat same-sex spouses equally,” said NCLR Senior Staff Attorney Amy Whelan in a statement via Equality Florida. “The Supreme Court has already ruled that same-sex spouses and their children have a constitutional right to have their family relationships respected in every state.”

Hang in there, people... It's a slow process, but change IS happening!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

There is a paper trail involved in those procedures. All of the medical information is on record and available upon request.

As AugustusMasonicus pointed out in cases of sperm bank donation, the legal husband (not the sperm donor) gets listed on the birth certificate. So why should homosexual couples be treated differently?

Because the mother of the child in Augustus's link signs the BC after she gives birth. When has a homosexual ever given birth? Do you understand the wormhole this creates when you guys constantly cry about equal rights? This is not equality, you're looking for special privilege rights. Men can't have a baby together. Women can't have a baby together. That's what nature says, and no amount of protesting and crying will change that. They simply can't give birth to a child.

That's completely asinine. Lesbian couples have children with no problem.

Utilizing a sperm donor.

Just like hetero couples do.

Gay men adopt children.

Just like hetero couples do.

What happens when a child is adopted? The original birth certificate, with the original last name, is sealed and a new one is issued under the new last name.

Literally nothing you've said applies to anybody other than gay couples. Hetero couples do the exact same thing every damn day as what gay couples do, but it's different because queer, right?

Get your bible out of other people's lives.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

You and Augustus should probably calm down and get out of rage mode.

I am quite fine son, I do not let these issues wind me up as the law sorts them out properly based on our Constitution which the homophobes and bigots like to cite when it is convenient for them but sadly tend to ignore when it applies to people whose sexuality they tend to have an issue with.

Homophobes... LOL. All you have is labels. If you think the law will pan this out then why have you been throughout the thread crushing grapes and whining? Funny that you call someone with different views a bigot too. Your intolerant ways to those people points that finger right back at you.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Lesbians can't give birth? Wow. That's news to me...

You think they're gonna scissor together and make a baby or are you purposely being obtuse?

No I'm saying that a lesbian couple can go to a sperm bank and get sperm to have a baby. Just like a heterosexual couple can do the same. You are the one being obtuse here. I've laid out what I mean plain as day, yet you are purposely trying to muddy the waters with stereotypes and bias.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join