It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiccan spell disaster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have a friend thats into Wiccan, and has been for the last 3 or 4 years. She doesn't practice magic, a fact I always found strange. She just recently told me why. Apparently, she cast a spell after a horrible, horrible time she went through. That spell was intended to make her numb to emotion. Unfortionately, she cast it in the wrong element. Fire instead of earth. Now, according to her, all negative emotion is reflected as negative feeling. (pain). So basically, when she feels like crap, she's being physically tortured. Now, this obviously seems a bit extravagant to me. But, my question is, to all wiccans on the board, is this possible?

[edit on 5-1-2005 by gravriderX]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravriderX
I have a friend thats into Wiccan, and has been for the last 3 or 4 years. She doesn't practice magic, a fact I always found strange.

Why...many Wiccans do not practice magick

Is sounds as if not only had she not study into what she was doing, but was no where near ready to be casting spells to begin with...this is what really burns my broomsticks about the current "popularity" of Wicca (not into "Wiccan"
)people start playing with it without knowing what they are doing...it is first and foremost a religion...magick is not the first or the second or even the third most important thing here.....grrrrrrrr

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
true, and she sees it that way now, after the mistake. I just want to know if its possible.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Belief is a powerful element in any form, be it magick, presbyterianism or voodoo.

What I think has happened is that in doing the wrong application for the spell she has compounded the pain of her recent misfortune with what she realized was a misapplication of the spell.

If she can administer a spell by which she believes she could unravel the previous botched one, she may be able to feel free again.

I know this sounds corny, but...I would suggest a full ritual in the Sacred Circle, addressing each of the 4 Directions properly and drawing a 'banishing' pentagram after explaining her mistake and asking for rectification by that act.

Perhaps it would be best if an adult wiccan could preside...someone who has long been on the path and has much better experience than myself...all I can do is suggest.

masqua

[edit on 5-1-2005 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Is sounds as if not only had she not study into what she was doing, but was no where near ready to be casting spells to begin with...this is what really burns my broomsticks about the current "popularity" of Wicca (not into "Wiccan"
)people start playing with it without knowing what they are doing...it is first and foremost a religion...magick is not the first or the second or even the third most important thing here.....grrrrrrrr

I agree magick is to be taken very seriously before practicing any part of it. Just for an anictdote (sp?).... I once had my license revoked for a month (long story)...well I cast a shield on my car (I kept driving at the time...oh, the young and foolish). Anyway, the shield was explicitly so that anyone/cops wouldn't "see" me or my car. Well about 3 months later (after I had my license back thank god/goddess) I noticed everyone was cutting me off and things like that. Well, I finally figured out what I had done when a cop just rear ended me without even slowing down or anything. He got out of his car (unmarked) and said "oh...I didn't see you there". I was right in front of him....how could he have not seen me? Just makes you wonder. Subsiquently I have lowered the shield and everything is fine.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Very good advise...masque (sorry if I spelled it wrong). Asking for forgiveness...be it wiccan, druidic...christian, jewish...you get the point...is a VERY powerfull tool. It shows God/Goddess that we are not perfect and we need help.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
MacMerdin...I have no idea how i managed, but I replied to one of your above posts in the "Wiccan questions" thread.
Maybe I need to have a good sleep...I'm losing my focus lol

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
No problem...I got your response. Nice to meet you. I usually don't practice ritual magick if I can avoid it. Although i do practice thought/mind/conscienceousness magick...if that makes any sense?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Although i do practice thought/mind/conscienceousness magick...if that makes any sense?

macmerdin can i you explain that a lil more cuz i think i know what you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Now, according to her, all negative emotion is reflected as negative feeling. (pain). So basically, when she feels like crap, she's being physically tortured. Now, this obviously seems a bit extravagant to me. But, my question is, to all wiccans on the board, is this possible?

I think, she is just empathic with other people. She simply feels other people's emotions, that'�s all. If you hurt someone and you can feel that you did that, that means you are gifted with a worthy capability. If you can even sympathize with that person (being physically tortured), then you actually learnt to use your capabilities in the proper way. No spells there, and no majic. Simply a good way of thinking. It would be very bad to mislead yourself on a wrong path just because you feel different than others!!

But as you wish, keep casting those spells and practicing majic. Perhaps it does help a little bit on your car...!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

But, my question is, to all wiccans on the board, is this possible?

Non-wiccan here, yes, it is certainly possible. If friend is interested in removing effects and/or you're interested in helping friend, U2U me since everyone here pretty much knows the nature of what I'm going to say. Fighting majic with majic fuels the fire, just something to remember.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew Da General

macmerdin can i you explain that a lil more cuz i think i know what you are talking about.

What I ment was that I don't "cast" circle or use ritual tools (they are only tools to focus on anyway). I use my mind to focus energy. Does that make any sense or am I rambling? I don't do a ritual to do magick, I just focus my energy on the task at hand.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by MacMerdin]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
What I ment was that I don't "cast" circle or use ritual tools (they are only tools to focus on anyway). I use my mind to focus energy. Does that make any sense or am I rambling? I don't do a ritual to do magick, I just focus my energy on the task at hand.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by MacMerdin]

That has nothing to do with spells and witchery!! You must complete all that ritual bull in order to do your spellcasting perfectly. And you must not forget those fancy tools, either.

You must have a very strong mind in order to use it for paranormal activity. However, I think you don't use that for anything paranormal, otherwise you would know what to say. Keep trying, one day you may be able to spell someone with your mind. For me, it is definitely impossible.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As an ex-Wiccan, and (VERY) occasional spell caster, I can offer this as advice. My disclaimer is this: These are my beliefs. It makes me sick when people state something regarding the metaphysical as fact. So, when I say X=Y, just please understand that it is my opinion.

That said...

Magic is not only not a toy. It's not even a good tool when it comes to the vast majority of situations. Anything you can accomplish with magic, you can almost 99.9% of the time manage to do mundanely, with a lot less effort and backlash. Casting a spell for reasons as (IMHO) stupid as to be numb to emotion is not only immature, it's overkill to the point of trying to use a small tactical nuke to rid your home of roaches. What she needs is not a mirror book or a wand, what she needs is a therapist.

Unfortunately, it's real easy for me to take that point of view now, since I'm a more than a decade older from my first big huge mistake. I'll relate the story, if you care to hear it, but otherwise, will continue onward.

This is something that it seems like a lot of first-time, or early-on magic practitioners make. It can be likened to a med-student and the first patient they make worse instead of better. It's a learning experience, and should be taken as such. It should also be taken as a very big red flashing warning sign that she needs to be a lot more judicious about "what she wishes for."

Now before I give the cure, I'm going to give the lesson.

Magic has consequences. Huge consequences. In normal everyday life, when you perform any action, it sets in line a chain of events that go beyond all comprehension or prediction. Take for example, the choice at a soda machine, between Coke or Dr. Pepper. If you choose a Coke, there is one less can in the machine. This means that someone who approaches it may find it empty of their preferred brand, and end up losing their 50 cents, and are now deprived of the caffeine which gave them just enough of a jolt of energy that later that night, they might have responded more quickly to the guy driving recklessly on the freeway. Instead, they die in a wreck. If you choose the Dr. Pepper, it may turn out the die-hard Pepper-fan decides to visit another locale that they might not have visited otherwise. Perhaps it is a convenience store, and there they meet their true love, or perhaps they get shot by the guy robbing the place. Is this all directly your fault? No. But your actions set in motion a wave, that reacted against other waves, to result in a unique end.

Magic takes that and multiplies it by a huge factor. Energy does not just appear and disappear at will. It transfers. It has to come from somewhere, and it's going to tend to go towards the path of least resistance. When you use a spell, you are specifically altering the paths to create less resistance towards your desired goal. Meaning, you've changed the momentum of the world around you, to suit your goals. So, for instance, if you wanted to bring rain to your crops, and cast a spell, you may end up, as a result, causing a killer ice storm in another area, which takes the lives of many people in the resulting chaos. Or you may end up causing massive drought in another area, causing many people to lose their livelihood. You've taken weather patterns that would have otherwise had a different result, and lowered the resistance in just the right areas so that it suits your needs... and as a result, you mess up the natural flow.

This is why it is so very important to not cast capricious spells, or selfish ones, or really, to cast unless you absolutely have to. The comparatively miniscule payoff is not worth the consequences. I have reached the point now where I won't even cast a spell to heal someone dying of a slow and painful disease, because I don't want to invoke the consequences of playing with life and death. I can't even think of a "good" reason to cast at all, right now, to be perfectly honest.

Secondly, Negative Emotions like depression, anger, and fear are natural aspects of human nature. They are neccesary in order to appreciate what is good in the world around you, as well as to help us survive adverse situations. They are the result of glandular excretions, and are no more supposed to be blocked than the natural production of insulin, hemoglobin, or other such things. Your friend sounds young--I'm guessing adolescence. If she's experiencing harder times than she has in the past, it is most likely due to hormone imbalances that are typical for every teenager. My best advice is for her to suck it up and learn to deal with it, because life doesn't get any easier in the real world. There are no happy fairy tale endings, and the good times will not roll forever. A good life takes hard work, and oftentimes, some pain.

Now for the cure.

First, she must come to terms with what I have just told you. Otherwise, all this will do is address the symptom, and not the real problem: an irresponsible use of magic, and a lack of comprehending the consequences of using it. Before she ever casts another spell, she needs to come up with a code of ethics on its use, memorize it, and always be ready to add to it. She needs to figure out what she's willing to literally kill for, because when one casts a spell, there is quite possibly the chance that someone will die, somewhere, as a part of bringing in to being that desired end.

Second, she must come to grips with the fact that sometimes her body will be physically, mentally, and emotionally out of balance. It's not something to be altered with magic, it's something to be dealt with the good old-fashioned way: by cowboying up.

Finally, this is the counter that I would personally recommend.

Start it off with a meditiation. She should attempt to clear her mind of anything and everything, and reach some sort of inner peace. Some people visualize a candle flame, and send all their thoughts towards it, others use a light of some sort to engulf them... she sounds like the bitter type, so the candle flame may be best. Personally, I visualize a shape that grows more complex (starting with a dot, then a line, then a triangle, then a square, etc...). Whatever works, her mind needs to be clear, and she needs to keep it that way for the rest of this.

Next, have her fill a tub, mixing and dissolving a large amount of salt into the bathwater. Salt is typically a very cleansing element used in magic. She will need to visualize each individual grain of salt flaring up when it comes into contact with energy, dissipating it. Have her think of the salt as rubbing alcohol on germs, except instead of germs, it's energy.

It would be a good idea for her to have a small snack standing ready, perhaps some milk and crackers or some such. If it works, she will probably be exhausted and ravenous.

Next, she should submerge herself completely in the bathwater. Hair and all, and visualize the salt flaring up as it comes into contact with her body. The salt will use her energy as fuel. She should then tense herself up, as tight as possible, sink beneath the surface of the water, keeping every muscle flexed as tight as she possibly can, until it begins to burn.

As all pain receptors go to the spinal cord and medulla oblongatta, she should visualize the previous spell as a series of webs, spidering outward from it. THE SPELL SHOULD CONSTITUTE THE WEBS, NOT THE NERVE PATHS.

As the pain from tensing begins to burn, imagine the tension snapping those webs, and the heat melting them, the now loose energy floating upwards, out of the skin, to be burnt up by the salt. Once the webs have been removed, have her let out a primal roar as she rises up out of the water, before relaxing. This will not only clear out any "bad air", but the act of screaming can be a huge relief sometimes.

Next, rinse off the old salt, using the shower, dry off, eat the snack, and go to bed. For some added effect, she may want to sleep on totally clean, fresh sheets.

I hope this works. If it only works partially, have her try repeated times. If it still doesn't work, then the Powers That Be have other reasons in mind for giving her this effect. And perhaps it is to teach her the value of trying to keep a positive mindset in the face of adversity.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
libra that was a good example with the soda machine.i agree 100% with that.something as little as choosing a soda can cause a huge difference.you made me think about something.i heard everyones life is already written like a book and i hear about people that come in contact with ufos and that they lose time.do you think that the lost time affects them in anyway like messes up their path in life?causes events to happen early,late or not at all?(kinda hard to word the question but bear with me)

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew Da General
libra that was a good example with the soda machine.i agree 100% with that.

It's always up to you whether you want to choose something else, the decision is yours. Nothing is holding you back and there is no situation you would be forced into. It's up to you, that you want to make a huge step and change whatever you have chosen.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
that is funny, I used to do the same thing before I realized this may be why people kept cutting me off/driving into me. I still have three separate dents from being driven into, one of which would involve getting new exterior panels on about half of my car! I stopped shielding my car and haven't had any trouble since.

Originally posted by MacMerdin
I agree magick is to be taken very seriously before practicing any part of it. Just for an anictdote (sp?).... I once had my license revoked for a month (long story)...well I cast a shield on my car (I kept driving at the time...oh, the young and foolish). Anyway, the shield was explicitly so that anyone/cops wouldn't "see" me or my car. Well about 3 months later (after I had my license back thank god/goddess) I noticed everyone was cutting me off and things like that. Well, I finally figured out what I had done when a cop just rear ended me without even slowing down or anything. He got out of his car (unmarked) and said "oh...I didn't see you there". I was right in front of him....how could he have not seen me? Just makes you wonder. Subsiquently I have lowered the shield and everything is fine.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
macmerdin i did some research and found out what i was asking you to explain more about.its called active magick.i have discovered that i posess this type of magick.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
That's kinda funny. I jumped right into spellcasting, and it's done wonders for me. And that's not to mention that I have never had a problem. Maybe it depends on the maturity level of the practitioner. Some would harm others, use their sources as inflictions, use them as thrones or soapboxes, or just power sources. I use mine to help, and they've always come naturally.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
As said belief is a powerful thing. If you believe their is a spell on you, you might have all the effects. Also I believe if you think the spell is gone it just might go away

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join