It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Are you gonna get an Oculus Rift?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:36 PM

originally posted by: rickymouse
350 bucks? I can buy fifty chickens from the store for that money, enough to supply a quarter of our meat for our meals for the year.

But since it would make me nauseated using it, I guess I would not be hungry.

Damn! I can 70 rotisserie chickens for $350. Of course then I'd have to freeze them.

Back on topic...Nope. Not buying anything until consumer price comes down and reviews are in as well as some software I'd actually use and enjoy. I quit early adopting in my mid-thirties. I found that waiting a year or two gets all of the bugs worked out.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:47 PM
I love the idea of virtual reality and all the sets that are being released
however, I personally will wait a few years for the technology to be a touch more perfected. On another note, I just google-discovered that all the Dragon Ages are VR friendly... And that changes my mindset considerably. Perfection be damned!

But no. Money. Priorities first, bah!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:54 PM

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: CallYourBluff

It depends on the person.
They have improved it by increasing the frame rate but they have said it will never go away If you are a person who gets motion sickness you may still get it with these.
Interesting I have found pills for gaming which decrease MS, I suspect Ginger is in them.

Even though the guy in charge of the rift does say they have solved the problem....I doubt it.

I don't get motion sickness.The problem with the DK1 was the latency.That was one of the main issues they had to address and they have.I'm sure there will be very few problems with the consumer product. I do however have ginger extract if needed.

<< 1   >>