It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 years on ATS: This is what I’ve learned…

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Very well written and true from what I can discern. Hard for me to read though, I am drawn and repulsed by you r avatar at the same time.
Is that a fingernail brush on a toothpick?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wow! Where to start. ATS has taught me how childish people have become. How they will refuse to even discuss their opinions but are more than willing to shout them. How society (USA) has become whining little bitches that can't do anything but expect and feel they have a right to everything. How we stupidly believe that fast is better. The faster we make up our minds, the faster the news comes in and the faster we can get pissed about it.

I love ATS as a sounding board. While I'd love to learn from many people here...there is very little interest in teaching. I'll tell you a short story. I was raised roman catholic and was taken to church every Sunday to listen to God's words. When it came time for my confirmation (an adult accepting their religion by their own choosing) I asked the Priest a few tough, scientific questions. I was fifteen. His response was basically..."I don't know that stuff...you need to have faith". I decided at that time that religion wasn't for me.

My point being...when those who have the attention of others decides to react to questions with anger, they are loosing the possibility of sharing their experiences. There are a few particular groups here (you know who you are) that flock to a thread and try to destroy others with their attacks...and nothing but attacks. But out of maybe every 100 ATSers that act this way, I occasionally discover one who isn't like that (you know who you are too). Someone willing to actually discuss sensitive topics. I have learned so much from these individuals and taught them also, that putting up with the other ninety nine is almost worth it.

Almost.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory
You must be doing something right, after 8 years you're still here and I'm so glad you are. I've enjoyed your posts and love your crazy avatar. Wth is that thing it's holding???

Thank you very much! As for my avatar, it's a 3d model created by Greg Petchkovsky that I simply found very entrancing. The thing it's looking at is some kind of speared alien animal that the main creature is analyzing (i think)

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
Very well written and true from what I can discern. Hard for me to read though, I am drawn and repulsed by you r avatar at the same time.
Is that a fingernail brush on a toothpick?

I believe it's a alien slug-like creature that's been 'speared'
edit on 11/12/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I've been a member since 6-6-2004 - I've enjoyed reading

The Dalai Lama says when we are speaking we are repeating something we already know, when we sit in silence we may actualy learn something new.

I've read and learned so much from ATS - Namaste

ATS inspired me to seek, I'm from the UK, I live in Thailand for now. In Jan/Feb I travel to south America and seek alternative adventures inspired by the people of ATS

Love Brothers & Sisters

Marcus

edit on 14-12-2015 by mfourl because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2015 by mfourl because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2015 by mfourl because: Read the Small Print

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
arigato! thank you! gracias!

a reply to: Ghost147

top topics

<< 1   >>

join