It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#ZumaMustFall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

No offense but the whole African continent is a mess.

Many people that call the Paris attacks a tragedy (and rightfully so) probably have no idea of the atrocities that have occurred in Africa. Sudan, Rwanda, Mali...millions dead and and millions are starving or displaced.

But we can forget all of that when we go on a Safari tour. Oh look there's a giraffe!

edit on 12-12-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
At the risk of hijacking this thread (not my intention)...

I am a white South African, and I have no guilt (not to be misidentified for sorrow) for what SOME of my forefathers did...

I love the continent that I was born on and I have hope for the ideals of governing it together. We are all individuals.

This is a beautiful prose (and I usually hate rap... but this is pure and beautiful), by a beautiful lady:

Thutolesedi
edit on 12-12-2015 by StrangeCottageCheese because: Better context

Here, if that doesn't work:

www.thesouthafrican.com...
edit on 12-12-2015 by StrangeCottageCheese because: Link forum code isnt working, for some possibly very explainable reason

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
In the US you'd be shouted down as a racist.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

So, to all intents and purposes, he's a twin to Robert Mugabi, so far as corruption is concerned.

That's a lot of money for security on his private residence. ...and on a jet.

Who invites him into their country, that he would need a jet like that? That much money buys a lot of airplane.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Want to hear a funnier joke? President Zuma is now backpedaling, fired the new (old) minister of finance and appointed yet another minister of Finance...

What a joke...

And this is what he has to say:

... I have received many representations to reconsider my decision.

As a democratic government, we emphasise the importance of listening to the people and to respond to their views.
Source

No, he's not listening to the people, he's just hastily trying to fix his muck up because he was caught off-guard by the market reaction as well as the intense reaction from South Africans from all sectors, including from within his own party.

It is obvious that one of the reasons ex-minister Nhlanhla Nene was fired because he criticized (and stopped) South African Airways' airbus deal put forth by chairperson Dudu Myeni and supported by Zuma... Now there are rumors doing the rounds (with some pretty strong evidence) that Zuma and Myeni has a romantic relationship...

Opposing political parties are having a field day...

The EFF:

"If anyone still does not think we are in a banana republic, they cannot be helped. Zuma is a humiliation and disaster for South Africa, who prioritizes personal aspirations at the expense of the country. The ruling party should now appreciate that the country is more important than the personal interests of one individual,” -Mbuyiseni Ndlozi

UDM:

“Zuma has lost control. It's clear that he has been told that the decision he has made is costing the country.” - Bantu Holomisa

Cosatu:

"JZ is not fit to be a head of any government. I call on him and his sycophantic supporters to step aside for the state of our country... We are nothing but a laughing stock in the whole world." - Zwelinzima Vavi

Democratic Alliance:

“Zuma must stop playing Russian roulette with our economy. Both these decisions have an impact on the poor in South Africa.” - Mmusi Maimane

And so on.

Even so, this little "faux pas" cost banks billions of Rands, which will ripple out to increase interest rates, increase inflation and probably lead to many, many bankruptcies. The interest rate has been hiked 3 times this year, meaning people with debt are struggling more and more to keep head above water... Those hit the hardest will be the poor and the middle class...

On Tuesday and Thursday, the Reserve Bank will hold its usual scheduled bond auctions to raise funding for government operations. That funding is now going to cost almost 17% more to service. Typically, about R4-billion is raised per fortnight. If the same amount is raised this week, it will cost us R70-million more than it would have in interest per year.

Over the course of a year’s fundraising, it will add up to R1.8-billion extra in debt service costs.
That is a burden we will all share as taxpayers, but then there is the effect on us as consumers. Every drop of oil and tonne of maize we import will cost 10% more. Thanks to the drought, we are set to be major net importers of food this year.
With foreign funding closed to it, it will have no choice but to increase taxes, probably both VAT and income tax. That will further restrain consumers’ ability to spend in the economy. The heightened tax burden, higher interest rates and higher inflation will further damage consumer and business sentiment, leading to cash-hoarding and risk-averse behaviour. That will wipe out fixed investment spending, the main driver of sustainable economic growth.
More

A tiny ray of hope is that the petition I mentioned last week (had 53,000 signatures when I mentioned it) now has 158,032 signatures. There's a march planned for 16 December to the Union buildings to hand over the petition signatures.
Mmusi Maimane, leader of the DA (the biggest opposing party) wrote to the Speaker of the National Assembly, Baleka Mbete MP, demanding on behalf of South Africa that the National Assembly debate a Motion of No Confidence in President Jacob Zuma at the first sitting opportunity in 2016...
More

We can but hope and pray...

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Our country is corrupt... down to the simplest of public servants, racism is running rampant and everyone thinks they know how to deal with it (by being even more racist and insensitive).

Our president is has very very little understanding, if any, and he has established a cabinet loyal to him and no one else.

This country hasn't been a democracy for some time now, the government is doing a great job at keeping the masses uneducated, so that they will vote for the same party over and over again.

We South Africans have basically witnessed social engineering by idiots, for idiots.

And the scary part is, it's working.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join