It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nootropics for everyday use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Never tried it, Want to know your experience of using it, medical effect and causes.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sat Dec 12 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I dunno man. I don't try posting often but I hear you should write more than one sentence.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mad13

The secret to using the most of your mind is figuring it out. Sure alot of things may help temporarily, but you'll get a tolerance. If you want to supplement, do so with productive learning and keeping your body in shape. There's no cheating in this world, only buying some time before cutting corners is discovered.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Caffeine.

Depending on your age, singulair works pretty well. Bacopin is good, vinpocetine is ok.

I can't use the piracetams without getting all stabby.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I was on provigil for around five years along with my anti-epileptic drugs. I quit it when I quit my last epilepsy drug.

There are different types of notropic drugs, some actually increase or repair brain cells while others stimulate the brain.

Coffee actually has more than one nootropic chemistry. Tobacco has a couple of nootropics. Sage and Rosemary have nootropic properties. I use poultry seasoning on chicken and turkey. Fish has nootropic properties.

Also if you get your minerals balanced in your body it can increase your intellect because it allows you to think better.

Don't equate increased intelligence with ability to memorize things. Increased intelligence gives you awareness, increasing knowledge can actually make you less aware and less able to apply knowledge sometimes. Most nootropics just bring you up to your best potential, only a few actually build and repair.

You do not need an expensive pill to become smarter. Coffee has many more medical benefits than provigil, but if it makes you too antsi, you need to increase niacin intake a bit. Trimethyl glycine can increase activity also while dimethyl glycine can increase calmness and control ADD symptoms for some people. Dimethyl glycine also can help with muscle building.

Incorporating multiple chemistries and making sure to balance them in the diet can increase intellect and you have to eat anyway, it is usually just modifying spices or changing food chemistry a little to balance the mind and you can reach full potential. Most people are not nearly at full potential.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Interesting

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I find provigil to work best when I have a lot of really boring work that requires a lot of focus.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is the first time I've ever seen a one sentence OP. This is in violation of the T&C. Did you bother to read them at all? Because otherwise I can't be bothered to take your "thread" seriously.

eta: I see this is your first day so perhaps I've been a little harsh. But do you remember clicking on "Agree" a little while ago? Perhaps go back and actually read it.

edit on 12/11/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Try the racetams, or noopept in combination with a choline source. It works good for coming off a drug dependency, or for pushing through other trying times. I've been on them for over a year now.

originally posted by: Bedlam

I find provigil to work best when I have a lot of really boring work that requires a lot of focus.

Similar happens to me on racetams. I work construction, and it would otherwise really freaking bore me without the nootropics. When I take them I get in a practical --this must be done as quickly as possible-- mentality. It's more than that, thou. I better focus on long-term plans and do whatever it takes to get there.
edit on 11-12-2015 by ringdingdong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mad13
Never tried it, Want to know your experience of using it, medical effect and causes.

Vyvanse is a great product, but it's a sched II narc if you're caught without a prescription.

If you're looking for total super intense focus, lightning fast reflexes, and hours of late night online gaming with top notch k/d ratios in every game and no hunger whatsoever, then you need to go for Adipex. You can usually find a doctor the specializes in just that product. They'll weigh you, take your blood pressure, and send you out the door with a prescription in hand, unless they're like the one here where they hand you the product upon exit. The clinic we have here for that is called Weight Know More. You probably have something similar near you.

No crash, no shaking, no side effects at all really. Just be sure to drink plenty of water (caffeine holds the effect longer) because you will get dry mouth. And if you're a smoker, you'll smoke more. Neither are nootropics, but they'll give you the brain power you're looking for. You'll get immune to Adipex after about 6 to 8 months though and it'll only have it's effects for about 3 or 4 hours. As far as nootropics go though, I've heard Noopept is good. Never tried it.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
This is the first time I've ever seen a one sentence OP. This is in violation of the T&C. Did you bother to read them at all? Because otherwise I can't be bothered to take your "thread" seriously.

eta: I see this is your first day so perhaps I've been a little harsh. But do you remember clicking on "Agree" a little while ago? Perhaps go back and actually read it.

Geez, lighten up. I've never seen so many posters so concerned about terms and conditions than I have on ATS. If it's against T&C then let the mods worry about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
caffeine specifically coffee is #1 for a reason.

Most are theoretical but I couldn't get many to work.

#2: provigil/modafinil/adrafinil does work. It will keep someone awake, improve focus, sometimes even brightening vision.

#3: choli:ne source: and not just any, either choline CDP or Alpha GPC. really just depends on the person. CDP is a downer for me while GPC was an upper

Personally I like taurine as well.

I've tried racetams and noopept but didn't get that much out of it. Not much else for vits/herbs. OR if they did they built tolerance

Other than that a b-complex, and try to get the one with better forms of B6: P5P and a better form of b12 other than cyanocobalamin

There are places on the web where people are experimenting and creating some crazy nootropics. Such as pitolisant a histamine 3 receptor antagonist which I've tried. weaker shorter lasting modafinil.

Disclaimer: In some countries certain nootropics may be illegal or scheduled

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

You mention Choline sources, which is correct. Eggs are an excellent source of Choline. Choline metabolizes to dimethyl glycine which helps with focus. eggs are also something bodybuilders eat. Now eggs can have negative effects for some people so they are not for everyone and two or three times a week is plenty for most people to benefit from them.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

DMG is a byproduct of choline metabolism. Choline compounds help with memory formation and focus on their own. Choline needs vary from individual to individual. I need daily supply and a doubling or so while on racetams.
edit on 11-12-2015 by ringdingdong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I find after my 20th cup of coffee I'm one smart MFer...just saying...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ringdingdong

I would rather use nicotine to stimulate the acetylcholine receptors. If I don't have a cigarette for a while I start to go way too deep in a subject and although focused, I tend to overload people's minds in real life conversations. Most people are only mildly interested in what I am interested in to such depth. They would rather talk about sports, old friends that recently died or are sick, people who got into trouble, work, and gardening. So that is mostly what I talk about with others in real life. I'm sixty. Now when I was younger it was all about drinking, fast women, fast cars, and social events coming up. Conversations change when you get over sixty.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Man, no hard fellings. I read every message. It's just takes time to read all, kinda busy last time. The topic is really important for me. Sometimes I need to be more concentrated, especially with tons of papers.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Thank you!

new topics

top topics

join