It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone vs. Samsung

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
None of them, when it comes to smartphones (Actually they are the last i'd consider buying. When it comes to Apple - they would be the last for anything esle too) - they are ridiculous fashion toys with crippled functionality, and extremely overpriced at that. The only practical advantage over lower class phones is the camera (On paper the CPU and displays are much better too, but i'm not planning on digging bitcoins with my phone or watching the display through microscope, so these "advantages" are completely meaningless to me), and that's in Galaxies. In iPhones even that's quite mediocre for the price . But the camera's not enough for a good, SMART (smart)phone anyway.

Non-restrictive and non-buggy software, sd slot, big and removable battery (So you don't have to replace your phone if the battery gets swallen and destroys the phone applying pressure directly to the parts), sturdy, non-glass body, decent speaker(s) are a must for me. That's why i'm much happier with a chinese phone.
edit on 11-12-2015 by mkpetrov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I actually just wrote a short essay about Apple. If you do any amount of research, you'll find that there's no logical reason to buy anything made by Apple. For everything they make, be it phone or computer, there's something that has better hardware specs, better build quality, more functionality, longer battery life, and is waaaay cheaper. The list just goes on. Some of their products are years behind technology-wise, but yet touted as some high-tech new fancy thing.
There are only two reasons why people buy an Apple product; either they didn't do any research and just bought it out of sheer ignorance that they were getting massively ripped off, or they didn't care and just wanted to feel special by owning something with an Apple logo on it, kindof like people paying hundreds of dollars for that plain white cotton tee shirt made by Kanye West.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

how about simplicity?

Having everything at the touch of a screen?

my 6 is so simple a 2 year old could use it... perfect little phone...

Slow motion capture is kinda neat too

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkpetrov
On paper the CPU and displays are much better too

No... The best iPhone out right now only has a dual-core CPU. There are phones with 8 core CPUs. The display is mediocre, with both the resolution and pixel density lagging behind many other phones with higher specs for both.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Mad13
it is easy for me to use.

I've heard this argument so many times from Apple users, they'd show me their phone and go on and on about how it's so easy to use. So I pull out my Android phone and show them that my Android phone does the exact same thing... Except with more functionality. There's never been a logical counter-argument. It usually ends in the other person getting mad and proclaiming that they "just like it".

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

There is something to be said for humans liking familiarity, and preferring the familiar UI.

My son prefers Apple solely because of his single negative experience with Android mixed with his perusing various online reviews where people with product bias make vague and untrue proclamations.

You can't even pull the battery out to reset it. I just don't get it. Every iphone/ipod he has had was replaced because the power button was worn out.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My stepdaughter has an ipad whatever it is and I find the thing absolutely horrible to use.

My son has my old Samsung Galaxy s3 thats been rooted and literally booted across several pub floors and still runs pretty speedy.

My Mrs has an Lg g3 which she's had since launch day. That's recently started to freeze and refuse to open apps and she won't let me root it grrrrrrrr.

I've had the Lg g2 which is now destroyed ( bed broke and crushed it, we're not fat for the record) it was an outstanding phone up until that point. Now im using the Lg g4 which is a cracking piece of kit .

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
They're really more complicated then they need to be... apps are slow at loading...

its like a mini cpu in your pocket

wicked clear and bright

Don't even have to unlock my phone to reply to txts

I'd say Apple hands down

>They're really more complicated then they need to be
ie "Android phones do more than my iPhone and I'm in denial"
>apps are slow at loading
Apps open instantly on my Android phone.
>its like a mini cpu in your pocket
The CPU is inferior
>wicked clear and bright
The display is inferior
>Don't even have to unlock my phone to reply to txts
Neither do I
>I'd say Apple hands down
Apparently you'd be blown away if you used any modern Android smartphone. I love it when Apple fans list a bunch of reasons they love Apple phones, and those reasons happen to be things that Android phones either do also, or do even better -for cheaper-.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

how about simplicity?

So... With an Android phone, when you want to open an app, you click on its icon (which you can place on the screen for easy access). How is that more complicated than an iPhone?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

There is something to be said for humans liking familiarity, and preferring the familiar UI.

My son prefers Apple solely because of his single negative experience with Android mixed with his perusing various online reviews where people with product bias make vague and untrue proclamations.

You can't even pull the battery out to reset it. I just don't get it. Every iphone/ipod he has had was replaced because the power button was worn out.

Yes, and the psychology behind this is pretty set in stone. You can see it throughout all of human civilization and society.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Therealmrcrim
My son has my old Samsung Galaxy s3 thats been rooted and literally booted across several pub floors and still runs pretty speedy.

I have a Droid Turbo. It's made with ballistic nylon and reinforced with kevlar fiber. The thing is built like a tank. I've literally thrown it onto the floor by accident, and it has not a single scratch. I had my phone in my sweatshirt pocket and as I was lifting my sweatshirt over my head, I saw my phone falling out. I tried to quickly grab it but instead smacked it with my hand and flung it onto the floor. I laugh every time I hear about someone shattering their iPhone just because they dropped it.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

how about simplicity?

So... With an Android phone, when you want to open an app, you click on its icon (which you can place on the screen for easy access). How is that more complicated than an iPhone?

Place on the screen?

Why wouldn't it already be on the screen?

Seems to me people like to kick around their phones... Never had a problem with a phone breaking or even dropping it... It never leaves my pocket... So perhaps people like the iphone better because its a show piece... For people who take care of their things

Not made for children? Lol

edit on 11-12-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Therealmrcrim
Going from the g3 to the g4 was horrible for me as well. However I refuse to take the g3 back because my son isn't getting the newer phone until he starts doing his chores!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

ie "Android phones do more than my iPhone and I'm in denial"

how do they do more?

I pick up an android and it just seems ugly... yet the iphone always makes me smile... especially the new one

Apps open instantly on my Android phone.

Not on the ones I've seen...

The CPU is inferior

Gonna have to disagree... I've never found anything special about Galaxy phones aside from the camera... and again the 6 and the 6s improved their cameras

Apparently you'd be blown away if you used any modern Android smartphone.

Not even close actually... like I said I've played with the new ones... I was unimpressed

I love it when Apple fans list a bunch of reasons they love Apple phones, and those reasons happen to be things that Android phones either do also, or do even better -for cheaper-.

Admittedly they are cheaper... but again, aside from the camera I've found all the iphones to be far more user friendly... prettier... less bulky... and like I said already, android games bite... and I like having a game when im bored at work...

I've seen a few people on the net break down the comparison between the two... its pretty much split down the middle...

so to each their own... I still say "iphone hands down"

edit on 11-12-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Cracked my screen on my droid and I'm posting from hubby's iPhone......it sucks. Seriously, it SUCKS.
I can't even count the many ways in which it SUCKS. Let's just say it's not nearly as intuitive as an android.

Now we're going to fight about it.... LOL!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Mad13
it is easy for me to use.

I've heard this argument so many times from Apple users, they'd show me their phone and go on and on about how it's so easy to use. So I pull out my Android phone and show them that my Android phone does the exact same thing... Except with more functionality. There's never been a logical counter-argument. It usually ends in the other person getting mad and proclaiming that they "just like it".

Heres one...

Perhaps some people don't want their face stuck in their phone all day to do simple things...

I have "functionality" on my PC... which isn't ever going to be Apple...

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Thank you, man, for your opinion. Never thought about the connection with Kanye West before. It may be just LOUD brands that matters for buyers.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

how about simplicity?

Apple has their unique usability, that's the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join