It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone vs. Samsung

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I prefer Apple products. Share your opinions, what do you prefer? Both companies "steal" each other technologies to use it in their own devices.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Mad13

I prefer neither. I have used LG phones for some time, and really LOVE them. Nice friendly user interface, reliable, and durable. I still have (not in use) my old Fusic, and it still works perfectly. Using an LG G2 now, and I love it. Compared to some of the others, and I didn't care for them.

I haven't tried Apple, though, so can't say there. Samsung can keep their stuff.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I prefer Apple as well.

I default to American companies when given the choice and frankly I grew up with Apple tech since the 80s and it is easy for me to use.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Prefer apple ... would buy their computer as well, if it wasn't so darn expensive.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Have a Samsung smg3 16g internal. With metro service . The thing works like a phone with extras. Have an Ipad too. so have been to both the apple and google stores .For me there are more android choices in apps and more free apps. My number 1 app I use is navigator . But there are some free nifty( ya I said it) apps .
flight radar
maps
satellite tracker I
accu weather

But like I said its a phone.
edit on 11-12-2015 by MajorAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

The same thing, man! Really want to buy it, but don't have enough money.
Use iPhone and iPad everyday.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MajorAce

Had a Samsung Galaxy Ace, it was absolutely horrible!
To call somebody I had to wait for a minute to open the mode

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
There is no real difference to me... You press a few buttons to get your things done that's all

Same with OS of choice... Press a few buttons to get your things done

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I like the Samsung screens. they seem clearer and brighter.

I also like the Android platform. It is more open than Apple or Windows, which suits me more rather than the data collection (and ownership) policies of some large corporations.

edit on 11/12/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I preferred Nokia for the longest time, but then I bought one that used the Windows OS, and, no, I couldn't use it anymore. I have since migrated to Samsung
personal preference over Apple. In saying that though, I don't really even use my phone. I have it simply so people can contact me if they have need to and rarely use it myself.

People complain about charging their smartphones every 8 hours or so
I use mine so often! It gets charged once a week!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I have an old LG flip-phone. Keep it simple.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I have an iPhone for work and hate the thing. I especially dislike the way Apple products tie you in. I also - on principle - detest the obscene profits Apple makes.

I don't have a Samsung phone either.

I do have a personal Sony smartphone with Android, which I much prefer.
edit on 11/12/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I just picked up a Samsung Note 5. I went there looking for the edge, but they had a mass return of that model because of the edge screen burning out.

The salesman talked me into a note 5, and I am glad he did the thing is insane. I love the new UI. It functions like a smartphone should. It does everything. You can easily control large qtys of messages, emails, etc, quickly. Accel, word programs etc...

I cant imagine using a phone w/o a stylus now. Split screen is insane. It truly multitasks across multiple windows and tabs. Watch movie and gps at same time, or flip through other open aps while navagating.
4k video is insane. Screen res is amazing, camera res and ui is amazing. Insane amnt of settings. Wicked fast processor. Communicates with pc and windows programs/file types.

Pretty much havn't set the thing down since I bought it.
RaM mount to a jetski...

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Pic

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
iPhone all the way... I've played with a few galaxy phones...

They're really more complicated then they need to be... apps are slow at loading...

They do seem to have better Cameras but the 6s fixed that I believe... and I don't take many pics anyways

I have a 6... couldn't ask for anything more... its like a mini cpu in your pocket

lightning fast... wicked clear and bright... I've never seen a screen that actually looks like its right on the surface of the phone... like theres no glass

Siri pisses me off... but its still pretty cool, I can wake up in the morning and use my phone without touching it

Android games suck... but iphone has some rockin ones

Don't even have to unlock my phone to reply to txts

I'd say Apple hands down

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Samsung because of apple fanbois.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My son has a Samsung Note 4 he got right before the 5 came out. He has had the apple 4, 4s, and 5c. He liked them quite a lot, and wanted the apple 6 when we got the note 4, but he liked the screen size of the note.

he has buyers remorse and wishes he had gotten an apple now.

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy iii, and hates it with a passion.

My best friend has the new edge, so does his wife, they love them.

I use an LG volt, and like it better than anything else i've used to date.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I had a crapple once. I detested the iphone4. I gave it to my kids. They didn't know any better.

I'm with the LG fan. All my Samsung were horrible. But my house currently has :
LG flex- youngest son
LG G3- oldest son
LG G4- me
LG G Tab - it's supposed to be mine but all the Samsung tablets broke.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
www.google.com...

It's alright if you use crapple, you're still using a samsung processor. For some reason I think it's their leftovers from old models.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Daughter has Motorola G, Wife has Motorola X, I use Motorola X gen 2. The reason I quit Apple was piss poor reception out in the sticks and 30 screws of different sizes to replace a screen. O, and I loath Itunes.

When my phone detects motion it displays the time and any missed calls/messages. If the alarm is going off I waive my hand at it. Same thing to silence a call.
edit on 11-12-2015 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
LG makes the best phones overall.

iphones are worth half of what they are sold for.

android is by far the better os.

i also run win vista on a macbook pro.

the aluminum chassi rocks any other laptop.
too bad macs are so effin pricy.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join