It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of Terrorism Lifts Donald Trump in New York Times/CBS Poll

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Americans are more fearful about the likelihood of another terrorist attack than at any other time since the weeks after Sept. 11, 2001, a gnawing sense of dread that has helped lift Donald J. Trump to a new high among Republican primary voters, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.

Mr. Trump, who has called for monitoring mosques and even barring Muslims from entering the United States, has been the clear beneficiary of this moment of deep anxiety. More than four in 10 Republican primary voters say the most important quality in a candidate is strong leadership, which eclipses honesty, empathy, experience or electability. These voters heavily favor Mr. Trump.

Republicans expressed confidence in Mr. Trump’s ability to confront terrorism: Seven in 10 voters who said they were likely to vote in a Republican primary said he was well equipped to respond to the threat, with four in 10 “very confident” he could handle terrorism. Only Senator Ted Cruz of Texas comes close to those numbers.

But it is not only Republicans feeling renewed fear about terrorist strikes on American soil. Forty-four percent of the public says an attack is “very” likely to happen in the next few months, the most in Times or CBS News polls since October 2001, just after the deadliest terrorist assault in the country’s history. Seven in 10 Americans now call the Islamic State extremist group a major threat to the United States’ security, the highest level since the Times/CBS News poll began asking the question last year.

LINK

Many of you want TRUMP to go away but he is not only still here but climbing in the polls!!

I know TRUMP is rough around the edges but he does instill "a comfort zone" by telling us what many of us are thinking. He is not going away. All he needs is some political grooming and then he could be one the best presidents in decades. He is confident and speaks his mind without worries; something politicians are to coward to do. Politicians have been caught lying too much and they choose their words so as to not offend anyone. Well I think it is time some toes got stepped on and TRUMP has the guts to do it.

I seen comments on how you think congress and the House of Representatives can control TRUMP.....really? Ever heard of presidential executive order? This circumvents Congress and stops them in their tracks. BUSH and OBAMA both have spit out so many most do not even know what they have done in destroying our nation.

OBAMA has sat on his ass and has not made USA any safer, jobs being shipped out the nation at an alarming rate, and the nations debt has spiraled out of control since the Democrats have been in the White House.

It is time for a change.

GO TRUMP!!
edit on 11-12-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

This is why Idiocracy is a documentary.

Social engineers have done such a masterful job of psychologically destroying the mind of the masses that people continue to allow the media to create their reality.

To the trump supporters, for the love of god realize he is an act, sent by the oligarchy to divide the masses further and guarantee that old monster known to the world as Hilldog, will win. It is that simple, the plan for her to win has never changed, but they must make it look good.

Throw in Bernie to give the notion of a "choice" and people will continue drudging along in their servitude, convinced their opinion matters.

Enjoy the circus!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amFriday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Trump started out for me to send a message...

He has delivered that message to the Establishment.

He must change his vocabulary. He is very clumsy.

I do believe he loves his Country. Words matter.

If he is serious. He better hire some people.

He better clean up his act. If he does all of these things.

Maybe...but, I doubt it. Presidents must be measured.

He better mature in to the job.

We can't have a loose cannon ruling the free world.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Anyone who rises to the top by feeding on people's fears, as your title suggests, and IMO is correct, should be ashamed of themselves for selling fear.

That's one of the main reasons I dislike the Don.

He's arrogant and pious.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

If I was going to want Americans to vote with any emotion, it'd be fear.

/sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Do you honestly think the GOP will nominate Trump? They don't care about polls or what the American electorate wants; their purpose is to maintain the status quo and Trump may have some popular appeal but so did Ron Paul....how did that work out?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I totally agree with you and I think TRUMP will be groomed before he steps into his new job as POTUS.

He does love this country and he does not care about foreign policy and I don't blame him because America needs help right now! USA is on its knees and has been for years....... we are lost and don't know how to recover. Maybe what USA needs is someone who will not tow ANY party line but do what is good for the country first and then look at foreign policy.

Don't forget America ..... TRUMP is trying to solve AMERICAN issues not worldwide issues. He is concentrating on America's problems and I would take an experienced successful business man over any politician any day of the week to run this country. A successful business man knows the importance to have the BEST staff to run his business or they are FIRED!!!

Now apply this to a country........something that has not been done in decades and watch USA grow and become strong again........if it is not too late.

edit on 11-12-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Do you honestly think the GOP will nominate Trump? They don't care about polls or what the American electorate wants; their purpose is to maintain the status quo and Trump may have some popular appeal but so did Ron Paul....how did that work out?

If they don't nominate him, he'll go third party and wipe them out.
If that happens;

- Then we can move forward with the more important work, having Hillary legalize marijuana.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

If the presidency required a resume.. And a candidate marked the foreign policy experience field:

Meh, I don't care.

Sound good to you?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Yay for wealth creation.

Building a wall at the Mexican border will create jobs and boost the US quarrying industry! Deporting Mexicans and illegals who look Mexican will boost the oil industry and the US motor economy! Guarding the wall will increase arms sales. Go USA. Go Trump!

Lock up the rest to keep the US Prison Economy top of the world.

Deporting Muslims and banning the rest will increase employment! Decent US folk can take over their businesses and rents will fall with less demand.

It's perfect! It can't possibly fail.

Hail Trump

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat

If that happens;

Trump has peaked to early. A campaign is a marathon not a sprint. Donald is 69 and just doesn't have the stamina to maintain this level of exertion. In a year when the election rolls around; nobody will even remember Trump. Trump is already showing signs of burn out.
edit on 11-12-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

I totally agree with you and I think TRUMP will be groomed before he steps into his new job as POTUS.

He does love this country and he does not care about foreign policy and I don't blame him because America needs help right now! USA is on its knees and has been for years....... we are lost and don't know how to recover. Maybe what USA needs is someone who will not tow ANY party line but do what is good for the country first and then look at foreign policy.

Don't forget America ..... TRUMP is trying to solve AMERICAN issues not worldwide issues. He is concentrating on America's problems and I would take an experienced successful business man over any politician any day of the week to run this country. A successful business man knows the importance to have the BEST staff to run his business or they are FIRED!!!

Now apply this to a country........something that has not been done in decades and watch USA grow and become strong again........if it is not too late.

Perhaps you should apply to be the Don's parrot. Kidding aside, do you know how any of what you said Trump will do will be done?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

If that happens;

Trump has peaked to early. A campaign is a marathon not a sprint. In a year when the election rolls around; nobody will even remember Trump. Trump is already showing signs of burn out.

Have you seen his latest numbers.

I can't stop laughing. At least I don't have to watch "Jeb".

Trump is different then these other guys though.

He is an entertainer. He came into this as a Celebrity.

We have really never seen anything close to this.

But, if it shakes up the old rich white guy party.

It's about time...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

If the presidency required a resume.. And a candidate marked the foreign policy experience field:

Meh, I don't care.

Sound good to you?

To the despair of a country? HELL YES!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Of course not. Do you know if any of the other candidates will hold up their end and keep their campaign promises? I have not seen ONE POTUS in my life time do this and I have been walking on this rock for over five decades!

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

If that happens;

Trump has peaked to early. A campaign is a marathon not a sprint. In a year when the election rolls around; nobody will even remember Trump. Trump is already showing signs of burn out.

It's about time...

Actor Ronald Regan and strongman Arnold Schwarznegger did.

So why not TRUMP?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

a reply to: Daedal

Of course not. Do you know if any of the other candidates will hold up their end and keep their campaign promises? I have not seen ONE POTUS in my life time do this and I have been walking on this rock for over five decades!

No I don't know if other candidates will keep their campaign promises, however, we do have records of performance to gauge an individual's rhetoric.

Having said that, perhaps one should know how something will be done instead of just saying it will, I'm all in.

ETA: In all your years you've never seen one presidential candidate keep their campaign promises and you think Trump is exempt?
edit on 11-12-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

If that happens;

It's about time...

Actor Ronald Regan and strongman Arnold Schwarznegger did.

So why not TRUMP?

We have to do something.

I would love to be part of Americans saying no more to our thieving politicians.

Hell, why not...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Ridiculous.

Terrorism is horrible, it's scary and it's absolutely nothing compared to what extremists can do when they take control of a government.

The highest death toll from a terrorist attack in the modern era was 9/11. The next highest was the 2007 Yazidi communities bombings which killed somewhere under 800 and the numbers drop off sharply after that. In contrast, 11 million were killed in the Holocaust and Stalin was responsible for like 40-50 million non war related deaths. Univ of Hawaii profession R.J. Rummel (d. 2014) estimated the total loss of human life from democide (governments killing people) at over a quarter billion people in the 20th century.

Trump is leading in the polls because his braggadocious shtick strikes a chord with irrational idiots.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

To be gaining and maintaining popularity he is saying what people

want to hear? The *silent* majority? What people are afraid

to say for fear of offending *political correctness*?

He has a tenacity and strength of character to take the flack ....

and not *pussy foot* around the elephant in the room trying to

please every one.(An impossible task)

He is a successful business man, running a country is 'just another

business'?? only on a much bigger scale?

Maybe the time to have a clear out .... get rid of the cob webs?

But hey!! What do I know I'm in the UK ....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join