It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Terror as Modern Day Global Witchunt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Back in the Trials of Salem, what were the 'witches' actually guilty of doing?

How did such trivial aspects as being left handed (1600-1700s) or being native American (leatherlip, 1810) warrant being guilty of 'withcraft' and being killed a rather torturous, humiliating, public death for rather bloodthirsty American crowd's viewing satisfaction?

Especially after the constitution ,all are created equal. yada yada. centuries have past and now - like clockwork with the advent of the 21st century (which began with 2001) - we are apparently sn all over again a bloodthirsty people eager to call out the next 'witch' among us and quite literally roast them publicly; punishment for ehay exactly is way beyond any logical conprehension, and way misspkaced at best.

Nevertheless, oftentimes shrouded in occult ritual and symbolism sacrifice to serve as evidence of their evils - usually on very occult days such as the downing of Russian flight 9368 where 224 ppl were allegedly killed this past Halloween, and the Bataclan attacks where some 130 were allegedly killed on the most recent Friday the 13th.

We have found a witch, may we burn her? Hoe do you knoe she's a witch? She LOOKS like one! - Monty Python & the Holy Grail.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Plantagenet

Somewhat superstitious by not citing that those specific days were planned, but that they just so happened to fall on those days. In which case, that would make that an act of some crazy other worldly spirits whom really like to screw with our heads.

As far as all wars go: You never know the true intentions of your country, so in my book, it's all a major witchhunt.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Yes, it's true. The Inquisition into terrorists must stop. We cannot repeat the mistakes of the past.

Do terrorists commit suicide bombings and beheadings? Plllleeeeeasse, did "witches" ride brooms and plague peoples crops?

edit on 10-12-2015 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

"" War on Terror as Modern Day Global Witchunt? ""

no not a witch hunt

reality sucks doesn't it

count the bodies and you'll get it maybe

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plantagenet
Back in the Trials of Salem, what were the 'witches' actually guilty of doing?

How did such trivial aspects as being left handed (1600-1700s) or being native American (leatherlip, 1810) warrant being guilty of 'withcraft' and being killed a rather torturous, humiliating, public death for rather bloodthirsty American crowd's viewing satisfaction?

Especially after the constitution ,all are created equal. yada yada. centuries have past and now - like clockwork with the advent of the 21st century (which began with 2001) - we are apparently sn all over again a bloodthirsty people eager to call out the next 'witch' among us and quite literally roast them publicly; punishment for ehay exactly is way beyond any logical conprehension, and way misspkaced at best.

Nevertheless, oftentimes shrouded in occult ritual and symbolism sacrifice to serve as evidence of their evils - usually on very occult days such as the downing of Russian flight 9368 where 224 ppl were allegedly killed this past Halloween, and the Bataclan attacks where some 130 were allegedly killed on the most recent Friday the 13th.

We have found a witch, may we burn her? Hoe do you knoe she's a witch? She LOOKS like one! - Monty Python & the Holy Grail.

Muslims are being burned t the stake? Wow that's very unfriendly who is performing these deeds?? I haven't heard any stories of Muslims being burned at the stake. Have heard Muslims being beheaded by other Muslims.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Isis is very creative with their killing videos. I haven't seen a burning at the stake, but there have been burnings in cages, kneeling on explosives, and many other atrocities.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plantagenet

Allegedly?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
What the f....

People "allegedly" died during the Paris attacks? Come the f* on, there are videos of people being gunned down. Videos of people frantically hiding in a restaurant. There's this website called Liveleak, you might want to check it out.

People are being slaughtered in the Middle East. Not "allegedly" - really. There's a whole tonne of videos out there showing just that. It's true that the Islamic State has faked a couple of videos, but there are more videos besides the ones made by IS. I saw one of a failed suicide bomber who had been blown in half. The people he was trying to kill are standing around talking to him - yep, the guy blown in half was still alive and talking (though not for very long). Would you like me to get the link for you?

This is not a goddamn witch hunt. Islamic extremists exist. They are killing many people. They are using child soldiers. They are brutally murdering anyone deemed an apostate (which is everyone who isn't them). They have orchestrated attacks in various countries. They are violent. They are dangerous.

I'm not sure if I can put it in simpler terms.

we are apparently sn all over again a bloodthirsty people eager to call out the next 'witch' among us and quite literally roast them publicly; punishment for ehay exactly is way beyond any logical conprehension, and way misspkaced at best

Jesus Christ on a stick. English is my second language. What the hell is your excuse? "misspkaced" - what the hell? You can't even put together a coherent sentence, but it really seems like you're trying to defend Islamic extremists. Goddamnit I don't usually let myself get pissed off at idiots on the internet, but here you are trivialising the deaths of innocent people, some of them being my own countrymen. Get the hell out of here you absolute idiot.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You can't really call it a witch hunt, as ISIS isn't some innocent lady, whose only crime is being left handed or writing in her own ancient nordic rune language. The problem here, is that the US, along with Britain and others label it "terrorism" so they can play their war games. ISIS, and others like it ... are thugs, and should be treated as the criminals they are. Not be given status as combatants. The fact, that the US and Britain along with others, are so eager in playing their war games. Makes the entire situation suspect ...

But one thing isn't suspicion, that is that the ME has been involved in drugs, smuggling, slavery and crime ... most certainly isn't. And britain got rich selling their opium to China, so rich that they were an empire for a time. And the US does appear to trade in the same deal, namely Afghanistan.

To translate this for you, it appears that the US and Britain may very well be in bed with the thugs, and that you and I are the victims.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You're right...ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, Al Nusra...are all just misunderstood.

All the videos on the net and the thousands of people dead at their hands in the past year alone, is not happening.

"Witch Hunt"...those attacks are just blown out of proportion

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
At that the witch trials were over in four months. And were scared kids shouting accusations. Stacy Schiff Wrote a new book on this topic recently.
Here's a video explaining how the things went down.

m.youtube.com...

www.newyorker.com...

Here is an in depth read on the subject.

Anyhow. How is this like our current geopolitical landscape?
edit on 11-12-2015 by Sillyosaurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Ikr. So much fail in this OP.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Weird how multiple repliers have replaced Muslims' with some construct entity called ISIS.

And take the number reported killed in each terror attack as fact. Or, the 4 killed in Hyper Hideto Cacher Paris Kosher mart the day after it was sold to Eduard Rothschild (as was the Hebdo building overall) went off the radar into Mossad/Netanyahu's witness/refugee protection program set up to slip srlect casualties of thesr attacks a new life in Israel under new identity!

it's disturbing that there is relatively little to no alarm as to the global antipathy towards Muslims that is being spread by these Zionist campaigns!

it's as if the masses find stronger faith and resolve in being able to boil the constant state of being terrorized down to a religion rather than some clandestine political agenda that is already too powerful to question amidst its elaborate global OPs that date back to the very dawn of the 21st century, 2001.

new.spectator.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

True true. I still say bad analogy.

top topics

join