It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Extremism and Terrorism in the USA.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm responding to my own thread on Muslims in America. What Do Muslims in America Believe? Here's the Breakdown...

I'd like to be able to apply the same amount of research to Christians as I did Muslims in America.

Here are my findings;

(This has been a very hard subject to dissect. Most of my results have been news articles and not actual sourced statistics based on polls and research.)

This article shows that 78 percent of Muslims believe violence which kills civilians is never justified, while just 38 percent of Protestants feel the same(along with 39% of catholics and 56% of athiests).

Through interviews with 2,482 Americans, Gallup found that 78 percent of Muslims believe violence which kills civilians is never justified, whereas just 38 percent of Protestant Christians and 39 percent of Catholics agreed with that sentiment. Fifty-six percent of atheists answered similarly.

Only problem is: they never sourced their statistics(from Gallup), so it's impossible to verify or cross reference to a reputable source. Further, I have a really hard time believing that 44% of Athiests believe violence which kills civilians is justified.

Maybe someone can find this Gallup study?

The next link I found is another news article which states(link):

Back in the United States, the percentage of terror attacks committed by Muslims is almost as miniscule as in Europe. An FBI study looking at terrorism committed on U.S. soil between 1980 and 2005 found that 94 percent of the terror attacks were committed by non-Muslims. In actuality, 42 percent of terror attacks were carried out by Latino-related groups, followed by 24 percent perpetrated by extreme left-wing actors.

Here is the source the author is citing: FBI Terrorism Stats .

I find two issues with this stat; 1. Even if 94% of terror attacks were non Muslims, Muslims still accounted for the largest per capita terrorist attack as they made up only around .5% of the population at the time. 2. Why were the 24% of terrorist classified as "extreme left wing"

Besides individual Christian terrorist attacks, I'm really at a loss for finding any substantial studies or statistics that can place Christians as a substantial terrorist threat to our country.

Maybe some ATS members can help find stats on Christian terrorism in the US? I'm not finding any like I did when researching Muslims in the US.

Ghost
edit on 10-12-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Through interviews with 2,482 Americans, Gallup found that 78 percent of Muslims believe violence which kills civilians is never justified, whereas just 38 percent of Protestant Christians and 39 percent of Catholics agreed with that sentiment. Fifty-six percent of atheists answered similarly.

Further, I have a really hard time believing that 44% of Athiests believe violence which kills civilians is justified.

I find it equally hard to believe that 62% of Protestants and 61% of Catholics believe it's justified...

Who the f# were these people being asked?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Problem is the USA are on the verge of a scourge of attacks from Islam not Christianity so polls do not mean diddly squat.

My opinion is that all religion is evil.
edit on 10-12-2015 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

(This has been a very hard subject to dissect. Most of my results have been news articles and not actual sourced statistics based on polls and research.)

Care to enlighten us with the articles, that drove you to come to your decision to author this thread?

I agree that it's a tough time for folks to balance all of the info...

YET... you feel strong enough to title this thread...

Shaking my head here... not really a fan of folks who would fuel flames, with a doubt in their mind...

Enough of that going on now... IMO...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

It's a follow up to my analysis on American Muslims beliefs in the US.

Christian extremism exists, but to what extent?

This thread is to challenge my debate on Muslim beliefs and apply the same standards to Christians.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

OK, so the the thread title is for shock value and hits.. I get it...

Moving on... carry on with your venture...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Pecking order.

Gov bully minority nations so its minions mirror that behavior onto minority religion and find a sense of purpose and...

Righteousness.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Besides individual Christian terrorist attacks, I'm really at a loss for finding any substantial studies or statistics that can place Christians as a substantial terrorist threat to our country.

Your Goolge-fu is weak it took about three minutes to come up with names of Christian terrorist organizations here in the states.
Aryan Nations
The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord This one supposedly collapsed in 85 but chances are they just went underground.
Ku Klux Klan
The fact remains Christian terrorist are more of a threat to America than Muslim terrorist.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Maybe it's shock value if your a Christian. For me, it's just leveling the playing field from my other thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Congrats, but those aren't stats.

Find statistics that show Christians are terrorists by measuring their terroristic beliefs by percentages.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

Find statistics that show Christians are terrorists by measuring their terroristic beliefs by percentages.

Research Africa and find out what is going on over there and tell them there are few Christian radicals.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

1st thread :

What Do Muslims in America Believe? Here's the Breakdown...

2nd ( in what may be a series...)

Nothing to worry about here... when I take another look .. there's not a shred of bias or confusion of intention..

Your efforts are totally legit, my apologies for not falling for it.. carry on...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

none of those outfits have armies

the muslim outfits have bigger weapons and better funding

let's see the body counts

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I get what your saying and find it admirable that your pointing it out.

However, look at the last few days on thread titles. How many threads challenged Christians? How many challenged Muslims?

Edit:

I think it's only fair to point out extremism in Christians and not just Muslims.

edit on 10-12-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

It's wrong on all levels to label, IMO..

When you do, you hurt or potentially hurt folks who have no allegiance, nor desire to help the extreme who shine a light on their peaceful faith...

It hurts all who follow, worship blindly any dogma...

Regardless of your or my choice, we should be able to identify the evil for what it is, the choice of faith is secondary..

In my opinion, any folks that worship should defend their faith by driving out those who would soil their beliefs..

Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist etc etc...

From my check on all of the above, the message is love.. not hate...

If folks are in any community that promotes less than that simple message..... They need to reject it, and find a place of worship that promotes love...

edit on Thu, 10 Dec 2015 22:52:36 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

In addition, we have nutjobs calling for a Theocratic Regime in the US.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You know what, screw it. I think you're a smart guy and you most likely have the best of intentions. I'm angry and that was blowing off some steam. Deleted.
edit on 1020151220151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

Actually you won't find any real stats because Christians are always labeled as murderers whereas Muslims are always labeled as terrorist.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Actually you won't find any real stats because Christians are always labeled as murderers whereas Muslims are always labeled as terrorist.

That's because the Muslim terrorists *ARE* terrorists right?

I see the excuses are really getting thin and weak lately.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

You can't possibly believe that. Muslims are a global threat, extremists wreaking havoc everywhere, and the threat is escalating.

There is just as much Christian terrorism but we never hear it in the news because we aren't trying to wage a war against Christians.

I get that you're a Muslim, and it must feel terrible, but be realistic.

Where did you get the idea that I'm Muslim? Just because I'm not stupid enough to fall for propaganda that means I'm Muslim? Btw I'm a atheist.

Don't remember the last time I heard about a woman getting stoned for getting raped in Western countries.

No their lives are just made a living hell by people saying they were asking for it by the way the dressed or spoke to a guy.

The scary thing is that there are so many Muslims in the world, and that a huge majority would celebrate and do celebrate when Americans (of any faith) are killed.

Where did you learn this from FOX or Rush?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join