It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Intel: ISIS May Have Passport Printing Machine, Blank Passports

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
But isn't a blind eye to alcoholism actually helping "Islamic terrorists"? If defiling the temple of our body is the same as defiling god..

Ok. I'll go to bed. Sorry 😡

a reply to: JacKatMtn

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes. Alcohol abuse kills Americans. Cigarette smoking kills Americans. Obesity kills Americans.

But, the knowledge that we have allowed hate-filled ideological radicals to walk or sneak into our home whose intent is to do harm to our fellow Americans feels like something we are powerless to prevent.

We can CHOOSE to stop smoking. We can CHOOSE to stop drinking. We can CHOOSE to stop over-eating. But, our open borders, inadequate vetting process of refugees and visa applicants, and inability to get a handle on the radicalization issue is not something the average person feels they can control.

Our leadership is now proving without a doubt to be weak, blind, and reckless with our safety. We can't do anything about that for 12 more months, and meantime it feels as if Americans have been blind-sided by his "transformation" of our America.

edit on 10-12-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You forgot the helmets to protect from lightning, sort of a tinfoil hat on steroids!

It's like a Faraday cage for your brain!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

What I'm saying is that the level of paranoia and fear is completely unjustified, unfounded, and downright insane.

People have been faking passports for years. I have no idea how/where to get one, but I bet with minimal research I could find out how.

How about instead of closing the border to Muslims or Syrians, we make a new US policy? ALL people from foreign countries that want to enter the USA have to use passports that meet OUR standards?

I'm trying to make a reasonable compromise here folks, I am.

I honestly tried to research Syrian passports to see if they even had RFID chips. I couldn't find anything. The new US passports aren't a cakewalk to fake, so maybe we should insist that other countries around the world step their game up and issue passports that contain security features in common with ours?

Is that to NWO? I just re-read that and it sounded kind of NWO-ish. Hm.

Well, its not like anyone HAS to come to America...and if you do, pettition your government to issue passports that meet certain standards that we apply *evenly* to ALL nations and peoples.

That, to me, sounds reasonable and sane.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

You forgot the helmets to protect from lightning, sort of a tinfoil hat on steroids!

It's like a Faraday cage for your brain!

Nice....

In the end, if you are in the US, why be fearful... it's not like a radical could get a visa to marry a citizen, with an address that doesn't exist, get married, and get a permanent green card and be a threat.....

Oh wait...

We will hear cries that "they don't have enough $$$$" they need more resources...

I say, that they have too much money, too much PC, and too many agencies, fighting for pieces of the pie...

While they ALL took the fail.... yet they cry for more?

NSA wants so bad to have the haystack, when they should be focusing on the needle...

Oh well, I could rant all day, but I think I will just hit the bottle
to keep your alcohol deal relevant....

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Nah you are wrong I fear more fake passports because I don't drink so I will never die from alcohol (gets run over by a drunk driver the next day)

On a more serious note, did ISIS somehow also gain access to a visa machine? Or you people think you can enter old US of A with just a passport?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
How about terrorism deaths in the U.S. from 9/11/2001 till today?

There were 3000 on 9/11, there have been under 50 in the 14 years since then. It is an extremely small number. In fact, lets put this in perspective. Lets take the city of San Bernadino. Their terrorism stats for this year are going to be 1 per 15,265 residents or to put it in the context of other crime stats 6.5 per 100,000 residents. Other crime rates in San Bernadino are 21 per 100,000 murders, 34.5 per 100,000 rapes, 40.6 per 100,000 arsons.

In a year where terrorism is very high for the city, you are still 3 times more likely to be murdered than killed by a terrorist and averaged out over time it's more than 50-100 times more likely.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
We can CHOOSE to stop smoking. We can CHOOSE to stop drinking. We can CHOOSE to stop over-eating. But, our open borders, inadequate vetting process of refugees and visa applicants, and inability to get a handle on the radicalization issue is not something the average person feels they can control.

The average person can't control anything, and it's foolish to think you can.

We could up our border security and we could try to background check people more but at the end of the day that means more government spending, more power for government, and needing people in power who want government to run smoothly. Half of our government right now is committed to the mantra that government can't run anything, and their sole goal while in office is to screw things up and make that a self fulfilling prophecy.

Other nations don't have this problem, and the reason is because they try to attract the best and brightest to government, and then try to empower it to do a good job.

The radicalization issue is more difficult to solve because a system like the US's heavily favors short term results at the cost of having long term problems.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

This kind of pretzel reasoning is idiotic. Yeah....let's just ignore the "little" problem because it hasn't gone off the charts yet like some other crimes. What is 14 Americans killed by extremist invaders of our homeland in the grand scheme of things, uh?

I don't care what crime stats are out there regarding other crimes. That is a local law enforcement issue. What we are talking about is a national issue affecting our homeland.

Today, Americans don't like the idea that this administration has allowed open borders, inadequate visa vetting, incompetence, negligence, and his own ideological barriers to let infiltrators in.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Well, we're already ignoring the bigger problems...where's the logic in diverting our primary focus on a much smaller one?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Rather than trade freedom for security from a statistically insignificant threat, I would rather deal with real issues.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: marg6043

What I'm saying is that the level of paranoia and fear is completely unjustified, unfounded, and downright insane.

People have been faking passports for years. I have no idea how/where to get one, but I bet with minimal research I could find out how.

How about instead of closing the border to Muslims or Syrians, we make a new US policy? ALL people from foreign countries that want to enter the USA have to use passports that meet OUR standards?

I'm trying to make a reasonable compromise here folks, I am.

I honestly tried to research Syrian passports to see if they even had RFID chips. I couldn't find anything. The new US passports aren't a cakewalk to fake, so maybe we should insist that other countries around the world step their game up and issue passports that contain security features in common with ours?

Is that to NWO? I just re-read that and it sounded kind of NWO-ish. Hm.

Well, its not like anyone HAS to come to America...and if you do, pettition your government to issue passports that meet certain standards that we apply *evenly* to ALL nations and peoples.

That, to me, sounds reasonable and sane.

I dunno though it seems fair compared to the alternative that's been called for. Look what we have to go through as citizens with the Real ID, which of course was claimed to keep terrorists from getting ID/Licenses. In 2016 if the deadline is not dealt with I cannot board a plane. Washington State is currently and as others are also not living up to their standards.
older source:

Beginning in 2016, passengers attempting to pass through a federal TSA checkpoint will be subject to the requirements of the REAL ID Act. To that end, the TSA will put higher scrutiny on travelers’ identities, and will only accept a federal passport or a “REAL-ID” card, which is issued by the states to meet federal requirements. Passengers will not be allowed to fly through an American airport without submitting to the advanced federal specifications.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Rather than trade freedom for security from a statistically insignificant threat, I would rather deal with real issues.

No one is talking about trading freedom for security. How about improving security so that we can remain free. Secure our borders, halt immigration till we get a handle on the inadequacies and ineptness in our vetting system, and find out who is radicalizing muslims that are already here.

What you don't see is that currently there are over 1000 investigations going on right now in our country that are ISIS related. This is not a little issue. This is a sleeping giant that when the call goes out to wake up, may be bigger than you can imagine.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Passport printing technology, eh.

You mean they finally worked out where the ON switch on the high resolution, full colour industrial laser printers is.

You don't need anything fancy, contrary to what the movies depict. The only things that need fancy tech, are watermarking, and embossing. Heck, a man here in the UK last year was caught printing off fake railway tickets that were indistinguishable from real ones, using a standard over the counter, inkjet printer. He was only caught because the railway company changed their ticket numbering system, and he didn't update his ticket template, and this was spotted by a guard.
edit on 11/12/2015 by BMorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
But we should let the Syrians in.....otherwise people like Trump and ISIS win...

Durrrrrrr....Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Can't they also print up a passport that they are from some other country? How does that work? I am sure that if someone loses they passport,they can go to an office and get a copy of one right? So how do they know for sure if that passport is from Syria,or could they just put another ME country down instead? Then even checking it,you wouldn't know that they were even from Syria at all.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join