It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House report accuses Obama of violating law in Bergdahl exchange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well, not sure if this is the right place, and I haven't seen anything posted about this yet, and I posted this is the Bowe Bergdahl conspiracy thread, and if the mods need to move this, feel free to do so.

www.cnn.com...

This is from my iPhone so formatting is junk. This is really intriguing. Seems congress isn't all to happy with being left out of the loop on this situation. The house of Obama seems to be falling apart and now I wonder why and how the majority of American were bambooLed into voting for this traitor, including myself. Could this become something bigger, or will this just be swept under the rug? Is this just smokescreen for Hilary? Man. Our leaders sure know how to divide.
edit on 10-12-2015 by rollanotherone because: Title changed

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

I wonder why and how the majority of American were bambooLed into voting for this traitor, including myself.

Don't feel badly, all "AntiChrist"s can make people do that.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I'd bet this will end up like everything else; swept under the rug. He does something wrong, or Hillary does, and we hear about it, then it's gone, and no one seems to remember later. Some time back, for example, there was a Democrat calling for impeachment of O, and then that dropped off the news, with nothing done.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I'd bet this will end up like everything else; swept under the rug. He does something wrong, or Hillary does, and we hear about it, then it's gone, and no one seems to remember later. Some time back, for example, there was a Democrat calling for impeachment of O, and then that dropped off the news, with nothing done.

What would come of it? Obama and his entire administration are out of office in 13 months and this isn't an impeachable offense. The military charged Bergdal and gave him a court marshal, even if Obama did overstep his authority how do you reconcile it? You're not going to get to undo the trade with the Taliban and it's up to the military to jail Bergdal,

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

True. The damage has already been done. But wasn't Bill Clinton "impeached" over his sex scandal within his last year of office?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

If he's guilty of a crime, he could, and should, be jailed for it, just as would anyone else be. If the leadership is above the law, then there is no real law.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
True. The damage has already been done. But wasn't Bill Clinton "impeached" over his sex scandal within his last year of office?

Sort of. Bill having sex with Monica isn't what got him impeached, that part was completely legal. What got him impeached is that the Republicans put his family in the courtroom and then asked him in front of them if he had been secretly having an affair and Bill said no. The sex and the affair were irrelevant, the problem was that in saying no and trying to preserve his family, Bill lied under oath which is a criminal offense and that's what began the impeachment proceedings.

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
If he's guilty of a crime, he could, and should, be jailed for it, just as would anyone else be. If the leadership is above the law, then there is no real law.

But his actions were legal, it was (potentially) the actions of his office that weren't. For something to be an impeachable offense it needs to be a criminal act committed by Barack Obama the person. It can't simply be a case of his office overstepping it's constitutional limits. Essentially, he has to break the law when acting outside the scope of being the President.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Well, he's done that more than once. Even Kucinich talked about impeaching him.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Impeachment does not rely on criminal law. The constitution says impeachment can occur based on high crimes and misdemeanors. Congress is responsible for determining what actions constitute a high crime or misdemeanors. All impeachment is a course of action to remove the individual from office / their position (impeachment applies to a lot of federal positions and not just the president).

The house votes to impeach.
The Senate is the prosecution.
The Chief justice of the supreme court oversees the "trial".

If the senate removes the president criminal charges can be explored.

With that said, and using history as our guide, the new president can pardon the former president. Long gone are the days where the vote for president and vice president were separate, where you could end up with a president of one party and a vice president of another.

Remove obama and I would wager Biden would pardon him.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So far high crimes and misdemeanors has meant things like running a burglary ring against political opponents and lying under oath. Both actions that were well outside the scope of the office.

The deal Obama made probably was illegal, but I would be very surprised if it's an impeachable offense, since it was still an order coming from his office. The damage is already done too so the only thing such a plan would do is make Biden president for a year, get Obama a pardon, and probably remove a lot of Republican support in the coming election. People simply aren't going to stand for a party that uses impeachment against every single opposing President and quite frankly, with the partisan divide being what it is... that could be the event that causes shots to start being fired.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
He's a lawyer.....he knows better than you.

Get back to work. All of you!

Beside, one law broken here, one there what difference does it make? Since when did our laws apply to them?

Answer: when they need a public verdict by media to sway the TV sheeple.

At this point, I'd be more surprised if an elected official wasn't a crook.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Well he broke the law by sidestepping Congress like he did. He was suppose to give 30 days notice and didn't so technically its an impeachable offense but I dont see it going anywhere by itself. Now, using it in conjunction with his other law violations I could see.

(post by freejobalert removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join