It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who's Hybrid Could In Fact Possibly Be... SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Yavanna

I think a lot of the complaints revolved around Capaldi not finding his Doctor yet. The others found theirs relatively quickly, but here we were a couple seasons on and he was still all over the map at times.

To me, he really hit his stride in Heaven Sent. He was settling into the role all season, but that one really brought him out as the Doctor.

edit on 12/12/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

In fact at one episode the Doctor said,

"I'm old enough to be your Messiah! "

So I do think Moffat is getting inspiration from myths and religions.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

The darleks were a dead give away - a genetically altered creature searching for the light

wonder where they got that idea from

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
The Daleks have been around since the beginning of Dr. Who, long, long before Moffat. No searching for the light there, just a superiority complex with extreme homicidal tendencies.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Well, I'll definitively check this out. her being the Master may explain why she could still handle the alternate universe in "The Wedding of River Song", and how she could remember the Doctor in "Big Bang".

I hope you're right, it would be so cool!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I just loved the pic!

Yes, it was especially evident in Season 8 that Capaldi had difficulties knowing what the Doctor would be. But even then, I loved him, because to be fair, if us small humans have identity crisis, I expected the Doctor to have those also, and I found the preceding Doctors to be too quick knowing who they were. I think it made a nice journey to finally see a bit better who the Doctor could be other than the Doctor.

But 100% agree with you, Heaven Sent was stellar. I think it just really showcased the core of the Doctor; his fears, his sadness, his resolve...

I can't wait for season 10!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join