It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPLAT goes the bear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Warning: If you have a weak stomach or are otherwise sensitive, you might want to pass this by.
My buddy told me something that he'd seen while driving the other day. His job involves a lot of driving. Anywho, there was a woman four car lengths ahead of him. A bear was crossing the road, and as the woman was speeding, she was unable to stop in time and hit it. My buddy said that it was like a blood and gore stuffed pinata. The front part of the bear went spiraling into the ditch and the bottom half just exploded. My buddy's work truck got sprayed pretty good and he had to clean if off with a hose when he got back to the office later. Back to the woman: she pulled over onto the shoulder and he pulled behind her to see if she was okay. I guess she might have been drunk, or she just had a thick hillbilly accent. He could barely understand her. The car, oddly enough, was undamaged; except for a blown tire on the opposite side of the car where the impact happened. He thinks a bone somehow popped it. He said that was one of the weirdest things he had ever seen while on the road. It sure it one of the oddest I've ever heard of.
What weird experiences have you had while driving?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A friend of mine hit a deer and it came through the windshield and into the cab with him. He got cut up pretty bad by the deer's thrashing before he got the vehicle stopped and jumped out. I believe he needed about 40 stitches.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Holy crap! He's lucky he didn't get killed.
Not to laugh at your friend or anything but what you said just reminded me of that scene from Tommy Boy where they hit the deer.

ETA: one of my friends hit a deer once. It totaled his car. The deer went flying and lay stunned for a minute and then got up and ran off. Meanwhile, my friend is standing by his car and shaking his head at the wreckage.
edit on 10-12-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Those damn squirrels!
I think there has been a population explosion 'round here!

Anyway, I'll be driving along and one will run RIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF MY VEHICLE. I close my eyes (can't help it, it's a reflex!). The vehicle goes OVER IT! I look back in my mirrors and it is either in the center of the lane running back where it came from or it has SOMEHOW made it across...? THEY make me crazy! IT SEEMS LIKE THE ARE EVERYWHERE!
Trying to commit suicide!

Once I was with a friend in Ocala, FL. We were trucking along at a pretty good pace and a deer came from the side woodline. It cleared the truck hood. Immediately "WHAM!"! Another had come along (the buck) and rammed right into the passenger side door. It flew over the truck and lay writhing behind us on the road. Well, it was NOT hunting season so there were no weapons in the vehicle. They could take them away if you were there with them out of season.
My friend was ex-military and he happened to have an e-tool (?) so he put the deer out of it's misery...
It was sad. We took the deer to one of the "stations".

I'm sure there's a lot more but, I have bored your thread enough! LOL

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Squirrel suicide. That's an interesting thought.
Another friend of mine had a buck ram into the side of his Jeep, just like you described. It shook him up really bad.
As for boring me, it would take a lot to do it. Add as much as you want.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I had hoped this would be a pic heavy thread
edit on 10-12-2015 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Don't ever hit a skunk. The whole car just reeked. And every time I parked and got out, everyone would look at me weird, and I'd have to explain about the skunk.....

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718
Sorry, no pics. My buddy didn't take any. From how it was described to me, I doubt I'd be able to post them anyway. It was pretty gruesome.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit
Skunks are awful! The smell takes a long time to go away.
Years back, I was driving along and saw what I thought was a black cat in the road. I slowed down to avoid hitting it and realized that it was a skunk. I pulled to a full stop. I didn't even try to go around it because I didn't know if it would dart under the tires. It went away after a few minutes, much to my relief.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The old man and I were just talking about your thread...

It reminded us of another time in Central (western) Florida...
we seemed to be under a plague of sorts of these giant grasshopper things...
They were HUGE!

Anyway, when you ran them over, the crunched...seriously...they even had HUGE teeth...

I had forgotten about that until your thread.
If one was jumping, flying, or whatever away and hit your windshield...geez, it was awful!

Now, I am compelled to look them up!

This is kind of what they were!

Except they were maybe 6 inches and I swear they crunched under the tires...
edit on 10-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

I'm a spider girl myself and unfortunately, they have few predators (the grasshoppers)...
edit on 10-12-2015 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I was explaining about the skunk for about a month. Luckily I lived in a fairly tolerant province (BC). That was around 25 years ago.

I also ran over a chicken that was sleeping on the road. I thought it would fit under the car between the wheels better than it did. It was like hitting a big rock. I really thought I had more clearance. I felt bad about that one.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit
Why did the chicken cross the road? It didn't because you killed it! Sorry. I couldn't resist.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

It reminded us of another time in Central (western) Florida... we seemed to be under a plague of sorts of these giant grasshopper things... They were HUGE!

You were lucky to make it out alive! Those damn giant grasshoppers are horrible!

ETA: I just saw the link to the article you put up. You mean that kind of giant grasshopper: lubbers. They sound nasty.
edit on 10-12-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I used to have a 1995 BMW 325i. One night when I was driving home (and I tended to drive that thing like a bat out of hell), I came over a hill and realized there was a full-grown dead deer right in the middle of the lane. I didn't have enough time to avoid it without risking a major crash, so I went straight into it... And somehow, my BMW ran straight over it. Yes, I literally ran over a deer in a BMW. There wasn't even any damage to the front end or anything, but there was hair and blood all along the underside.
I'm still a little confused as to how that happened.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
That's a weird one. I don't know how you didn't damage your car. I bet it smelled funky until the blood and whatever cooked off.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I just thought of a weird thing that happened when I was driving.
I had a job that required me to drive long distances. One time, I saw a tiny little bird chasing a hawk and dive bombing it in the air. That bird harassed the hawk for quite a while. The funny thing is that when I first noticed it happening, this song came on:

With that happening along with the music, it was one of the funniest and weirdest things I've ever seen.

top topics

join