It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brit Who Hacked NASA ‘Found Evidence Of Warships In Space’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I think it has been about a year since this story was up on ATS, so I guess it is time for a rehash.
I just took a look in the search function and found a thread dating back to 2009.
McKinnon thread from 2007

Really? If you search for just mckinnon you get like 900 returns with the last being

www.abovetopsecret.com...

two months ago.

There is at least a months worth of reading about him directly and in directly on this site

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Just saying that it has been covered multiple times over many years.
It seemed like a year since I had noticed a new thread about him or the 'space navy', but I see that there have been a few in the past 6 months.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
space navy.......hmmmm. Why would it be the navy that has '"apparent" ships in space....wouldnt it more likely to be some other sector? And why would they be designated USS anything,when they are in a place where they "apparently" cant be identified?
Im calling a big steaming moonfish on this one.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
space navy.......hmmmm. Why would it be the navy that has '"apparent" ships in space....wouldnt it more likely to be some other sector? And why would they be designated USS anything,when they are in a place where they "apparently" cant be identified?

Definitely.
He is tied in with Project Camelot.... not a big credibility booster.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

WARNING WILL ROBINSON!

Spoiler Alert!

You guys crack me up.

"Non Terrestrial" means NAVY

USS = "United States Ship (abbreviated as USS or U.S.S.) is a ship prefix used to identify a commissioned ship of the United States Navy and applies to a ship only while she is in commission. Before commissioning, she is referred to as "Pre-commissioning Unit" (PCU).[1] After decommissioning, she is referred to by name, with no prefix.[2] Non-commissioned Navy ships go by the prefix USNS, which stands for United States Naval Ship."

Time for a little sense comrades. I am very embarrassed and disappointed in you members jumping to these wild and ludicrous conclusions. Have some common sense, please.

Gary is like many autistic people; clever in some ways (number wise) and very naïve and vulnerable in others. That is why he did not have to be extradited for his hacking offence. Please stop making a mockery of him and ATS. I am feeling embarrassed after reading some of these comments. Are people really this naïve and gullible? Tut tut! Rulers on palms!

edit on 10-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

This is a bit old and as far as I am concerned a hoax. All ships in the Navy begin with "USS" so no smoking gun there and I do believe McKinnon was simply attempting to stir up support for his release for breaking the law.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

Submarine crews are normally classified. But wouldn't the Navy handle their own staff transfers?

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

WARNING WILL ROBINSON!

Spoiler Alert!

You guys crack me up.

"Non Terrestrial" means NAVY

USS = "United States Ship (abbreviated as USS or U.S.S.) is a ship prefix used to identify a commissioned ship of the United States Navy and applies to a ship only while she is in commission. Before commissioning, she is referred to as "Pre-commissioning Unit" (PCU).[1] After decommissioning, she is referred to by name, with no prefix.[2] Non-commissioned Navy ships go by the prefix USNS, which stands for United States Naval Ship."

Time for a little sense comrades. I am very embarrassed and disappointed in you members jumping to these wild and ludicrous conclusions. Have some common sense, please.

Gary is like many autistic people; clever in some ways (number wise) and very naïve and vulnerable in others. That is why he did not have to be extradited for his hacking offence. Please stop making a mockery of him and ATS. I am feeling embarrassed after reading some of these comments. Are people really this naïve and gullible? Tut tut! Rulers on palms!

Another comedian, Non terrestrial has only one definition, and that would be not of Earth...as in the planet Earth.
So despite your Ad Homini et al of crocodile tears, a time for sense is to ignore your appeal meant to shame us for taking time to listen to someone who has a disability...something that much of the world has done over a number of years.
You er, crack me up!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

But isn't this old news I this was around for a number of years now, so why Yahoo picked it up now.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
There is also the slight chance that's actually what he saw, a manifest for non-terrestrial crews....but its not what people think:

NEMO

Which was previously this in the 90's:
Aquis

They actually just announced a new crew by the looks of things. Not to be a downer, but this is my best guess at what he saw....that or someones x-com game save....

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirChill
There is also the slight chance that's actually what he saw, a manifest for non-terrestrial crews....but its not what people think:

NEMO

Which was previously this in the 90's:
Aquis

They actually just announced a new crew by the looks of things. Not to be a downer, but this is my best guess at what he saw....that or someones x-com game save....

Well that sucs I wanted secret space ships with warp drives and what not stop screwing with my fantasy..

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

First of all, yes USS is an acronym that stands for "United States Ship". Ships can be from sea, or from space.

I was in the U.S. Navy and never were officers nor enlisted personnel referred to as "non-terrestrial personnel"...

Your claim is what's non-sense, and you should be more embarrassed and disappointed for trying to belittle members over a topic you don't seem to understand...

Neither enlisted personnel, nor officers in the Navy that patrol our seas are referred to as "non-terrestrial "...

You should listen to your own advice and use some "common sense"...

edit on 10-12-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
McKinnon was too high on pot to know what he found.

Nice driveby debunk. If you have a link I shouldn't have to ask for it though. Also, you sound like you are -very- inexperienced with the effects marijuana has on a person if you believe him coherent enough to 'hack' a govt system but not coherent to remember anything he saw.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Revolution9

Neither enlisted personnel, nor officers in the Navy that patrol our seas are referred to as "non-terrestrial "...

Nice to meet another Sailor on here, I think the term they are looking for is "Space Cadets" but then that was the guys who could not get enough looking at the stars off the fantail of the ships.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Our military has war ships up there, so do the Russians and maybe even the Chinese. They would not be top secret if we knew they were there. I would be disappointed if we didn't have some warships up there. I doubt if they will work properly when we need them though.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Hey shipmate, good to see another Navy brother/sister in the forums.

And yeah, the "non-terrestrial officer" definition should have given most people a clear understanding of what they are/were referring to.
edit on 10-12-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Like several others already mentioned this stuff with McKinnon happened a decade ago, more recently is that he won his fight to not be extradited to the US. He doesn't have any more proof of what he found beyond his story, his proof was large images/documents while he had maybe a 56k connection if not even slower than that (remember, this happened before broadband was everywhere) so he was never really able to grab the documents. He saw one or two images and didn't save them, alongside some crew manifests.

The best proof in my opinion is that the US government went absolutely insane trying to discredit him and apprehend him. Just like another poster said their reaction was like what they did to Manning, Assange, and Snowden so that makes it likely that he did what he claims. Whether all of the information he has given is truthful or not is another matter, there's no proof either way.
edit on 10-12-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

what do you mean by jumprooms man...teleportation machines?

Sure, a lot of people discuss their use, like Andrew Basiago.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
One, the guy is a hacker, and thus a bit less than honest. Maybe he simply made this up as a way to drum up sympathy in light of his criminal activity.

Two, seriously?? Where's the proof? Faked files are nothing new. Misrepresented files are nothing new. We have his word. If there really were such things, the proof wouldn't be in NASA computers. It would be elsewhere, where no hacker would even know to look.

Three, a lot of the opinions on this seem to be based on what people think might be around, rather than on the credibility, or lack thereof, of this hacker in this matter. That's not really a stable position. Whether or not we have "warships" in space doesn't affect whether or not he's being honest. Maybe we do, and maybe we don't.

I know this much. First, there was a lot of talk (not online) many years back about some guys that successfully teleported objects and small animals. Supposedly, this was even printed up in one of the scientific magazines. Someone I know told me she saw one, that belonged to a friend of hers. Supposedly, the magazine folks recalled that issue, and were actually asking for it to be returned to them. The new issue didn't have the teleportation article. Now, this person I know is NOT a "conspiracy" type, and claims to have seen the article. No reason to lie, there. The consensus was that the government hushed it up, and took the tech. Can't give an exact date, but pre-2000. So, if true, then they'd have capabilities that would negate a need for ships to be launched from anywhere. They could construct in space, and simply "beam" people up. I won't discount that possibility. They would never want anyone to know such tech existed. Unless it was possessed by many nations, and well known, we'd never hear a peep.

I also don't believe for a minute that the "Star Wars" plans of Reagan were actually cancelled, as is claimed. That man tended to get what he wanted. Plus, there were many, many shuttle missions with "unspecified military payloads" launched. I believe we have weapons up there that could actually vaporize a human target from space. Rarely used, perhaps, because too often would be noticed, but there, nonetheless.

All that aside, I don't know that I believe this fellow. Seems more likely, if he actually got anything, that he was allowed to get data that's false, to distract from the reality, and to make people assume it's all lies. Basic disinformation scheme.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Maybe the OP just came through a jump room since he doesnt seem to know we been trying to figure this out for years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join