It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LONE Profitable ACA Insurance CO-OP Losing Millions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: reldra

That's kind of twisting history is it not?

A single Party had control of the government at that time and the ACA was exactly what that Party wanted. It was passed by them without their own members even reading it.

Laying any hint of blame on anyone else is a form of denial. It was poorly conceived and we all know who the authors were.

This failure of the Co-ops is hardly unexpected.

No one read it? I believe you have a short term memory.

There were congressmen arguing over 'death panels', not because they didn't read it, but because they did not understand what was written.
Every part of it was discussed ad-nauseum and was based on Mitt Romney;s very successful plan in Massachusetts.

Start up ANYTHING can fail. This is much better than the tax burdon placed on tax payers prior.

edit on 10-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
My health insurance went up 300%. It got so bad, I had to cancel, save for two months and then reinstate my policy during open enrollment. I had to pull some tricks in order to avoid this bull****...

That Obamacare penalty will be bigger than you think

Households that opt to go without health insurance in 2016 are set to get hit with an average Obamacare fine of $969.

That is 47 percent higher than the average $661 penalty per uninsured household for this year, a new analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation revealed Wednesday.

And households without insurance that earn too much to qualify for financial aid to buy Obamacare plans will pay an even larger fine for 2016 — an average of $1,450, versus the average of $1,177 for 2015.

Uninsured households that would qualify for Obamacare subsidies to help pay for coverage face an average fine of $738 — nearly double the $389 average for this year.

Oddly, the fine is about 1 ER visit. HMM...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Your right! "Startup anything could fail!".

That's one HUGE reason corrupt politicians shouldn't be able to create laws or loan money to companies without some kind of plan to show how they will make money! That's what banks do, and rightfully so! Seems hard for some to realize it is wrong to piss away money that isn't rightfully or lawfully yours to piss away?

edit on 10-12-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

That's one HUGE reason corrupt politicians shouldn't be able to create laws or loan money to companies without some kind of plan to show how they will make money! That's what banks do, and rightfully so! Seems hard for some to realize it is wrong to piss away money that isn't rightfully or lawfully yours to piss away?

The government pisses away money in almost every possible category. They always have. Whether they are loaning it, giving it, spending on things we have no idea about.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I wish it was like the canadian or UK system, but Republicans would NEVER allow it. So, this is what was settled for and still Republicans tried to overturn it about 75 times.

You're the one who is misleading here. When the ACA was debated the DEMOCRATS controlled both houses of Congress and they wouldn't even allow Republicans into the hearing rooms. The Republicans were totally shut out of the process and it didn't matter what they thought about it. The Democrats came up with it. The Democrats passed it. The Republicans had no say in what was in the bill (Not that the Democrats even knew what was in the bill themselves. As Nancy Pelosi famously said, "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it."*

So the bill was implemented. It has problems, and you blame the Republicans? That is just friggin' insane.

* Here's a left-wing take on it trying to tell us the quote was taken out of context. It wasn't, but it's funny to see how this writer tries so hard to pretend that it was. In any case, the entire speech is included here.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Start up ANYTHING can fail. This is much better than the tax burdon placed on tax payers prior.

The tax "burdon" has increased dramatically with Obama.Care

(for those actually paying taxes that is)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The government pisses away money in almost every possible category. They always have. Whether they are loaning it, giving it, spending on things we have no idea about.

and yet your still willing to allow them to deal with something as important as medical insurance when you admit they mismanage money all the time? wow your a braver soul then i am

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

I wish it was like the canadian or UK system, but Republicans would NEVER allow it. So, this is what was settled for and still Republicans tried to overturn it about 75 times.

You're the one who is misleading here. When the ACA was debated the DEMOCRATS controlled both houses of Congress and they wouldn't even allow Republicans into the hearing rooms. The Republicans were totally shut out of the process and it didn't matter what they thought about it. The Democrats came up with it. The Democrats passed it. The Republicans had no say in what was in the bill (Not that the Democrats even knew what was in the bill themselves. As Nancy Pelosi famously said, "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it."*

So the bill was implemented. It has problems, and you blame the Republicans? That is just friggin' insane.

* Here's a left-wing take on it trying to tell us the quote was taken out of context. It wasn't, but it's funny to see how this writer tries so hard to pretend that it was. In any case, the entire speech is included here.

No, I am not. here is a Timeline

Oddly, I was able to read it as it was posted online and it isn;t even my job to do so. I was really looking at the fact Republicans were talking about 'Death Panels' and this was before the bill passed. So, they obviously read it.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

And yet many people that say that seem to be all in favor of tax increases to pay for programs that drain taxpayers.

Lots of confusion

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Agreed!

So is it only offensive to you when it is the Republicans pissing it away?

Sorry, but I don't give a damn what letter is in front of a government officials stats! They took an oath to do a job, if they are wreckless or lawless in their decision making, then they need to GO!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And yet many people that say that seem to be all in favor of tax increases to pay for programs that drain taxpayers.

Lots of confusion

It is good to pay for programs that feed and house and keep your citizens healthy. Most countries would agree with this. Infrastructure is a good one. Essential services, yep. Education, yep.

There is money spent that is draining taxpayers that should not exist.
Writeoffs and the fancy dining room for Senators and Congressmen comes to mind. There is a lot more. This should not be so confusing.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Agreed!

Sorry, but I don't give a damn what letter is in front of a government officials stats! They took an oath to do a job, if they are wreckless or lawless in their decision making, then they need to GO!

No. It is offensive when anyone is pissing it away. In regard to the ACA, keeping on track, a plan was completely necessary.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I really wish the proposal was a single payer system like Canada and UK.

It should be put back the way it was and people can buy insurance or not. Before if you wanted insurance you got it and if you didn't want insurances or couldn't afford it then you didn't have insurance.

Well that's the problem, right? And the only reason anyone even wanted ObamaCare in the first place, because people couldn't afford healthcare.

I think we should be able to get the procedures we need and see a doctor when we need to. Because if I break my arm and need surgery to repair it...without Insurance it could be $20,000. That can be devastating.

Of course we have billions to give Israel and Trillions to invade IRAQ to only lose half of it to ISIS, but not enough to cover healthcare...hmmmm

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland

and yet your still willing to allow them to deal with something as important as medical insurance when you admit they mismanage money all the time? wow your a braver soul then i am

Yes, the government should be involved in keeping the citizens healthy.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Agreed!

No. It is offensive when anyone is pissing it away. In regard to the ACA, keeping on track, a plan was completely necessary.

actually tort reform would of greatly helped keep down the rising cost of medical insurance for both the person and the hospitals but that was totally thrown under the bus...hmm i wonder why...
edit on 10-12-2015 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Agreed!

actually tort reform would of greatly helped keep down the rising cost of medical insurance for both the person and the hospitals but that was totally thrown under the bus...hmm i wonder why...

Both. Tort reform would never fix everything and take forever.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Agreed!

Both. Tort reform would never fix everything and take forever.

only bc all the politicians handling this mess are...hmm let me see, oh ya most are lawyers lol

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It is good to pay for programs that feed and house and keep your citizens healthy. Most countries would agree with this. Infrastructure is a good one. Essential services, yep. Education, yep.

There is money spent that is draining taxpayers that should not exist.
Writeoffs and the fancy dining room for Senators and Congressmen comes to mind. There is a lot more. This should not be so confusing.

I agree 100% with that. It is a shame that some of the countries our empire has destroyed since 9/11 were doing exactly that, notably Libya. Used to e a very stable country that took care of its citizens very well. Unfortunately their Central Bank was independent and not under the control of the Devil's cabal

Sometimes i wish it wasn't the Devil whose minions rule the world. Damn you CAIN for cursing our nature forever. All Eve did was start shagging, I cant fault her for that. Cant stay abstinence just because the creators that cloned them from the previous cycle of humanity wanted to try again.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
I don't understand how it's a failure for the insurance companies to be honest. People are now FORCED to buy insurance, and insurance companies hiked their rates astronomically.

So let me get this straight. They charge more monthly, charge more on deductibles, have more customers, have subsidies guaranteed in tax dollars, but they are losing money? I don't know about you but something sure seems fishy here.

I wish I cared enough about this to dig deep into research on it, but it would seem to me that there is some collusion going on between the government and the big insurance companies. I wouldn't be surprised if they were funding some type of unacknowledged or black programs with all the extra $$ they have to be making.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anosognosia

originally posted by: Vector99
I don't understand how it's a failure for the insurance companies to be honest. People are now FORCED to buy insurance, and insurance companies hiked their rates astronomically.

So let me get this straight. They charge more monthly, charge more on deductibles, have more customers, have subsidies guaranteed in tax dollars, but they are losing money? I don't know about you but something sure seems fishy here.

I wish I cared enough about this to dig deep into research on it, but it would seem to me that there is some collusion going on between the government and the big insurance companies. I wouldn't be surprised if they were funding some type of unacknowledged or black programs with all the extra $$ they have to be making.

There was more collusion before. Part of this gave medicaid the ability to say FU we are not paying $40 for an asprin and a paper cup.

Part of the ACA let medicaid set reasonable prices hospitals and doctors could charge if they wanted to remain customers of Medicaid and Medicare.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join