It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What all we have to face.. im AAAngry !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Do you not have a school nurse? At least one who comes around once a day?

Two counties in my state were given 48 hours notice that 300 children will be placed in one camp and 500 in another. One camp was saying the county gathered 200 people to care for the children 12 to 17, in 24 hours. No doubt they were taken from current work force.

This is the gov's doing. 2 days notice to prepare is inexcusable. Me thinks that want mass confusion and anger.

I have an older daughter with type 1 diabetes and understand your frustration.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I have two kids with diabetes, both of them at the age of eleven were educated in measuring their blood sucker and inject their insulin, they started already at an age 6 or 7.

Teach your kid, then you don't have to rely on others to do it.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

I think you should read the users post history a little before you assume to much about her motivations.

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Dear Prezbo369, i know you are upset as refugee issue is indirectly linked to this. I am not blaiming the kids who have entered the school i am blaiming school how they dealt with my kids diabetes, not giving him help he needed and taking away his assistant.
i`ll hope you get my point. My kid is sick, he can die without decent diabetic care, this is serious issue i have faced this week and i am surely hoping this what happened this week won´t happen again. I do understand that kids who have came need guiding and help to integrade and also there has been a bit chaotic in school how they organize this. In my point of view, where they took the help was wrong direction as it made my kids schoolday dangerous and my kid needs his assistant daily.
Let me know how you would have dealt with this ?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Hey i answered to that in here Link
Very insuline sensitive and celiac which means carbs needs sometimes be measured with the scale.

a reply to: liveandlearn
We have a schoolnurse who is also a schoolnurse in several schools.. she keeps jogging from school to school and if lucky she is available in his school once a week.
What it looks like that there is serious lack of staff and they made very bad decisions

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I think you should read the users post history a little before you assume to much about her motivations.

Just a thought.

A scan of the post history hasn't led me to think otherwise.

The inclusion of whoever it was the school nurse/assistant was giving extra attention to was not required and irrelevant. It makes no difference to what apparently happened and so I have to wonder why that particular detail was included.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Dear Prezbo369, i know you are upset as refugee issue is indirectly linked to this. I am not blaiming the kids who have entered the school i am blaiming school how they dealt with my kids diabetes, not giving him help he needed and taking away his assistant.
i`ll hope you get my point. My kid is sick, he can die without decent diabetic care, this is serious issue i have faced this week and i am surely hoping this what happened this week won´t happen again. I do understand that kids who have came need guiding and help to integrade and also there has been a bit chaotic in school how they organize this. In my point of view, where they took the help was wrong direction as it made my kids schoolday dangerous and my kid needs his assistant daily.
Let me know how you would have dealt with this ?

It goes without saying that in a civilized society sick children (and adults for that matter) should always get the help they need.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Detail was given as it was relevant. This is not islam issue, this is a issue related to refugee crisis as it shows us directly that we are not prepared well for this.
And i don´t hate muslims, i have sister in law who is married to one and this year like many years before they are spending christmas with us in our house. And i really enjoy conversations and debates with him.

I guess you don´t have children .. i hope your children when you get them will be healthy and carefree

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You have every right to be upset! There is no excuse for putting your child's life in danger!

And Prezbo, why are you the only one who doesn't understand what's going on here? She had to mention the refugee children because that is where the attention went to instead of helping a child who could have died! Please stop turning this into something that it isn't and show an ounce of understanding and compassion.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

dollukka! I'm so sorry to hear this!! As a parent with both a child with autism (who needs 24/7 care and has a special contract with his school to make sure he gets it) and a child who is medically fragile, I can completely empathize!!

The school is endangering your child by withholding care and breaking a legal agreement in the process. I would threaten them severely with legal consequences if something happens to your child. It is 100% inexcusable, no matter what the circumstances.

I have empathy also for the refugee children, but a medically fragile child simply cannot be left without medical care. You have my support completely. I hope the school steps up and figures it out, and the school district as well - the refugee kids need help, but your child's assistant should NOT be kept from doing her duty with your child. Someone else can be hired to help the new kids.

My blood is boiling for you - feeling Momma Rage on your behalf, as I know how serious this situation is. Good Lord. I don't know how you are being as calm as you are!!! I know you will get them sorted out, dollukka.

((HUG))

- AB

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Good job mama! Hold them to their obligations, your situation hasn't changed, theirs has. If at all possible I know I would have a sudden tendency to drop in on my son at school even after they told me they fixed the issues, if it was me.
You know, just to make sure they aren't endangering him any further.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I am not calm, actually i should go to sleep but i feel stressed out... We with special children know what it is to worry about schooldays and hoping each day that everything is going allright.
Thank you AB for your support ((HUG))

a reply to: woodsmom
I´ll will be checking out more often and call each day now. I think i can´t rely on them as much as i did.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Unfortunately it doesn't sound as if you can rely on them as readily. Is it a possibility to have direct communications with the aide so you can directly check with them? Bypass the school administration entirely since they don't have his best interests in mind in the first place, if possible. You are right that they should have contacted you at least when they realized the problem with staffing. Celiac and diabetes is a scary combination. As a mom of a ten year old boy with serious food allergies, I can understand their lack of paying attention. Luckily he is old enough to start to listen to his body a bit more.

Goodness, you were such a help when celiac disease showed up in my home, I only wish I could be more help here. Best of luck to you! Disregard those that would choose to make this political. The health and well being of your son is more important than anything. You have done what you should to keep him safe in his school environment. Keep it up!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I'd be checking every day too! My thoughts and heart are with you and your child.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

...... These people have nothing... You realize you sound like an asshole right. I mean, you must realize you sound like an asshole, where is your humanity.
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago020812pm by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: infolurker

...... These people have nothing... You realize you sound like an asshole right. I mean, you must realize you sound like an asshole, where is your humanity.

It was meant to be sarcastic. We are not taking care of our own damn people. Veterans dying waiting for the VA, US citizens suffering everywhere, and it seems US citizens are the LAST priority.

Where the hell is your humanity for your fellow countrymen?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

As a mother myself, I'd guess you are a bit beyond "angry", and rightly so! Since they broke a legal agreement, I'd seriously recommend an attorney, and a lawsuit. Some very public attention to this wouldn't hurt, either. I don't know how it works where you are, but in the States, the media has a lot of influence. Usually bad, but sometimes for good. A case like this could be used to show how ridiculous this whole "refugee" thing is. If these kids aren't ready for the schools, then they shouldn't be in the schools, till they are ready. Endangering the life of a student with medical issues to help these kids isn't a good plan, clearly!

I don't know that I would feel comfortable sending one of mine to school under those circumstances. What if he's worse on another day, and no one notices? Diabetes can be deadly, if not carefully controlled, which I am certain you already know! As a mom. I am angry with you. I don't know what the laws are there for withholding a child from school, but surely there are some provisions for a real threat to his health.

Please, keep us posted in whatever happens here.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
*snip*
That's just it, I don't think the refugee element to this story has any basis in 'real life'.

What you think doesn't change what is.

This addresses those who claim the school is the only one at fault as well. Yes, they have some blame, but not all of it. How much warning, for example, did the government there give the schools before pushing in these refugee students? Were they given adequate time to prepare for unprepared children? Somehow, I doubt that they were. Yes, this is about the refugees, because they are the reason there was a problem. They came, they are not prepared, and the government did nothing to address this before foisting them on the schools. The assistants can't control what they are told to do, and if they are students as well, would have no control, legal documentation aside. The schools should have been able to refuse any students not ready to attend, based on being unable to meet their needs without neglecting the needs of the students already there. So, the school made a bad decision here, clearly, and they are culpable for that, but so is the government that sent these refugee students in the first place. If they need to attend, have them ready before they are placed into the school system. Not after. How are they not ready? Language barriers? Cultural issues? Lack of adequate education to keep up? How many are not going to adapt? How many won't like being in a school with girls?

Claiming this isn't about the refugees at all, and accusing someone discussing a child's health of using that as some sort of ploy, is pretty low.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

When I was a kid, we had an influx of lads and ladies from the Eastern Bloc nations. The whole region at the time was chaos and madness of one sort or another. If their own government was not the problem, then it was one or another group of rebels backed by Russian money, mafia, or corrupt local officials. Either way, things were harrowing.

Now, I do not know of a situation where any of our local kids were put in danger by the presence of the new intake, but I know that many of the kids could speak virtually no English the first week, and by the end of the first fortnight were becoming fluent in the local vernacular. The only exception was a lad called Mario, who had learned every language between the edge of the Russian Federation, and the western shore of Great Britain, whilst in his homeland. He arrived in this country, and a month later had taken GCSEs in a whole heap of stuff, and passed them all. He only stayed on in school because he wanted to pass out with the rest of the class. The guy was a legend.

The refugee thing is not ridiculous, but handling it badly is utterly appalling. Properly handled, allowed for, the refugee situation should not have caused the school to drop the ball on student safety where dolluka's son is concerned. So to be clear, the refugees are not the problem, an unwillingness to actually make the correct level of allowance in terms of changes to staffing levels is the problem.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Generally speaking, that's true, but it also depends on the refugees themselves. Certainly, in this case, it's clearly not being handled well! From what I have read online in various places, it isn't being done right here, either. Towns are being told they have to accept more than they can handle, with no prep at all, and no prior consultation. The people living in an area ought to have some say before large numbers of people are simply brought in. One place I read about, there were more refugees scheduled to come than the town's population.

In this particular situation, though, many of these so-called refugees, most, are fighting-age men, and that's a real problem. Not what's under discussion here, of course, but it's an issue.

For this situation, it's as I stated; the government that pushed them in with no preparation and the school are both to blame. If these are not truly refugees, as many suspect, then they are part of the problem.

Overall, though, we don't disagree. See that happening a lot lately.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join