It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What all we have to face.. im AAAngry !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Yes i can be critical tho and its not being angry.. now i am angry. Thank you Cody for your nice lines made me feel a bit better !
As you know i went back to college and have to drive to get there each day about 30km in one direction so i am not back fast to help him out. My kids granny comes after she gets out from work to be with him but even then he has to be alone couple of hours as schooldays ends earlier.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

The school will have to hire someone else to do the extra work, so that your child can have safe and proper monitoring of his condition. They will have to claim that back from government somehow, but that is the school administrations problem. They should have hired someone to cover the influx way before it became a part of this assistants daily routine.

Your child's life, the life of any child comes before the necessities of cost at the school administration level.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

That was lame ! I hope you could be in my boots right now.. afraid about your kids schoolday .

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That is exactly what should had been done. You don´t take away help from kids who´s life depend on it. I feel really bad they made this lousy decision and what makes me even more angry is that they never told me about it, so i could have given my opinion and reminded them my kids rights or even stayed home with my kid this week.
edit on 10-12-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

That's exactly right, and while I understand that need to get the children integrated quickly, they are likely behind enough that a few more days or weeks would not make much difference on that front.

They should have been made to wait until more hands could have been hired to assist them rather than jeopardizing your son's health.

If nothing else, I would assume they would have needed to be given placement tests to determine where they needed to be placed? Those could have been scheduled and done outside of and around the regular school day.

edit on 10-12-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That they did not contact you and give you a chance to make a decision for the good of your child's health is an absolute disgrace. If you know any lawyers, it might be time to call in a favour or two, and have someone's job taken from them. That will put a fire under the correct sets of buttocks to get this issue solved!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

That was lame ! I hope you could be in my boots right now.. afraid about your kids schoolday .

Using people's prejudices towards refugees just to garner your tale more attention is lame.....
edit on 10-12-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Leaving aside why it was done ...

Is it perfectly OK for the school to sign a legal assistance plan for a student with a serious and potentially life-threatening medical condition that stipulates certain things be done to help in the management of said condition and then to suddenly pull that assistance with no notice to the parent?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Mrs C stays behind at school sometimes to look after some kids, and we car share, hence I get to come home late as well. But it's so rewarding spending that time helping.

No way that can be done ?

Cody

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Kids assistant has been doing great job for years with him and this is why i didn´t expect anything like this to happen.. i am shocked. I don´t wish her anything bad in her way.. but i am observing now and hoping the people in charge get things right. I could hear she was feeling sorry about it and it was genuine.
Hubby is also Pi$$ed about this and we have talked about this, if it there is a lack of care in future we will take this forward ( he would do this asap tho ).

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
........and this just so happened because....... refugees...

Seems contrived and an attempt at working up similarly minded folk...

Comfy being an armchair warrior is it ?

This is a real life problem.................................Enjoy the nachos

Cody

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is not OK.. usually if there has been something like assistant being sick they have always called or emailed us to know and also said who will be doing this assistants work while she is sick and if there has been no back up kid had stayed home with me. There has always been correspondence between assistant and us, what happened this week is very unusual and unexpected.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: dollukka

Using people's prejudices towards refugees just to garner your tale more attention is lam.....

No kids I take it? Or does your activism trump that?
edit on 10-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Prezbo,

I think that you have misinterpreted and misrepresented dolluka's intentions here. I do not get the feeling that dolluka is angry with the refugees, but at the way the school has handled their duty of care toward her son, who has a life threatening condition which must be monitored at all times, to ensure his safety. I dislike divisive and xenophobic behaviour as much as the next long haired, freedom loving individual, but I detect not even the merest whiff of such a thing in dolluka's post.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

This is definitely a serious issue and it looks like you've got it all worked out with the school. It's always so scary when a child has a medical issue.

Hopefully you and your husband can turn this into an opportunity for your child to better understand how their insulin pump works, how carbohydrates affect them, and how foods affect their insulin. If I was in your place, legal agreement or not, it would be so reassuring to know that my child was as much of an expert on their own condition as they could be.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Prezbo,

I think that you have misinterpreted and misrepresented dolluka's intentions here. I do not get the feeling that dolluka is angry with the refugees, but at the way the school has handled their duty of care toward her son, who has a life threatening condition which must be monitored at all times, to ensure his safety. I dislike divisive and xenophobic behaviour as much as the next long haired, freedom loving individual, but I detect not even the merest whiff of such a thing in dolluka's post.

Your eloquence

My anger

When do we take the world ? ....................... Tuesday's convenient for me

Cody

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Prezbo,

I think they (the refugees) were easy targets or patsies, a group that the OP knew would face the ire from a few folk on here. They're (the refugees) being thrown under the bus when I don't think they had any involvement whatsoever, directly or indirectly.

They're the flavor of the month, the scapegoats, taking what's usually reserved for other minorities when it comes to certain elements of society.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

He does know how his insulin pump works.. but he is just 11 years old and active, he needs help calculating carbs, he has celiac too and its a bit more complicated as glutein free foods tend to have more carbs than normal meals. He needs assistant to check that he puts right amount insulin and do not make mistakes doing that.

He is very active boy who loves to play soccer with his friends in recess hours, exercising has its effects on bloodglucose. He is very insulin sensitive too, his normal insulin intake is only 1/3 of other diabetic kids in his age and weight. He needs more BG checking than other diabetic kids because of his sensitivity to insulin.

Yes we have been teaching him to take care of his diabetes but he is not ready yet to take full responsability of it not only because he is too young to do that also because he doesn´t feel his lows.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599

Comfy being an armchair warrior is it ?

I don't think that means what you think it means....

This is a real life problem.................................Enjoy the nachos

Cody

That's just it, I don't think the refugee element to this story has any basis in 'real life'.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

No kids I take it? Or does your activism trump that?

Having kids has given me a great BS detector.....as it should most parents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join