It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What all we have to face.. im AAAngry !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This week has not been the best one. I have told you about refugee center that has been placed in this town i live in. There are few families with kids in this center too ( which is actually a good that not all are those single travelling fit males ). What happened this week actually made my blood boil.
I have a son with diabetes type 1, he has an assistant in school so that assistant calculates with him the carbs he consumed and together they put insulin with insulin pump, assistant also keeps an eye on him so his bloodglucose do not go too low and measure his bloodglucose in the end of schoolday before he leaves to home . He has bloodglucose monitoring notebook where all the meals and insulin is written down. This week 3 days nobody has written his insulin, bloodglucose nor meals in his notebook and no messages about extra meals to get bloodglucose higher.. this is unusual i though it was somekind mistake.. this week he has come home with low bloodglucoses.
I talked to his assistant and what i heard made my blood boil.
This week assistant has been doing other jobs.. Helping refugee kids to integrate to school system and apoloziged that haven´t been able to check my kid as she should have. We have made diabetes management plan ( like we do every year ), signed agreement how my kid has to be treated at school and what help he needs, its a very detailed plan. This agreement is signed by me, kids assistant and school management.. its a legal paper. Today nobody measured my kids bloodglucose when he left the school, he was very low 2.6 when he got home and i phoned him to ask him to check out his BG.. he is 11 years old and do not feel his lows.
I know there is a lack of staff specially now when new kids have arrived to school, they need help and guiding.. but Please do not put my kid in danger because of lack of time !
Im shocked .. and angry

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

CHECK that Citizen Privilege you have there!

They have priority people to take care of!

Their wants trump your needs citizen.

edit on 10-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Your child's signed agreement comes first. It is not the fault of the refugees, it is the fault of the school. Make sure they are accountable.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

That makes me want to cry.

Fix it before they fix your son.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

That's terrible.

I don't know a whole lot about diabetes of any type but, can this be fatal if not kept in check?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Sadly so.. They should find that extra staff elsewhere not from the kids who could die because they are not doing their job they have agreed to !
Assistant is tomorrow also working with refugee kids and next week should be normal schedule.. i told my kid will stay at home and comes back to school when they can guarantee his safe school day.

I have been really upset today.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
CHECK that Citizen Privilege you have there!

They have priority people to take care of!

Their wants trump your needs citizen. a reply to: infolurker

I don't agree. They should be brought up on negligence charges. That child could have been injured.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Sadly so.. They should find that extra staff elsewhere not from the kids who could die because they are not doing their job they have agreed to !
Assistant is tomorrow also working with refugee kids and next week should be normal schedule.. i told my kid will stay at home and comes back to school when they can guarantee his safe school day.

I hope you feel better and that your child is ok. I have had my share of problems with incompetent schools. This is very serious. You have every right to be angry and to keep your child home until the school sorts their obligations.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You answered my question in the post about whether or not it's fatal. No wonder you are so angry!

I would do the same thing....keep the little guy home until they get their act together.

like Reldra said, it's not the kid's fault. It's the schools.
edit on 10-12-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sadly this is the way it is.

Taxpaying citizens take a backseat to those who can claim entitlements.

It's wrong, but that's what they do to you. No one will fight for you except yourself. Your government certainly will not and neither will the school that depends on the government to get its money, even thought that money comes from you - the taxpayer.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

That's not right. Thank goodness you caught this before anything really bad happened to your son. You are doing the right thing by keeping him home. What kind of guarantee can they provide you that this will no longer happen after this week?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I am not blaiming the kids i am blaiming the system, i am blaiming poor organizational skills of those who made decisions that diabetic kid can be left alone at school and help taken away from him. Its like leaving a blind deaf person in middle of the highway alone and go catching butterflies yourself.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

dollukka I've known you for years (even I only recently spelled your name correctly )

I've never known you to judge or get angry, so this IS a big deal, get a meeting sorted ASAP, maybe find local people that are retired or unemployed and ask them to help out at school with the refugees on a voluntary basis. I think that's what I'd do.

I feel for you and hope this works out for the better

I'm only ever a u2u away my friend

Cody

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I really understand your being upset, I would be too ....but I'm afraid that's

only the start ....

# Shortage of social housing for native people

# Overcrowded schools

# Lack of teacher attention for local children (language difficulties) with

the immigrant influx

# Hospitals unable to cope .....................................

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Sadly this is the way it is.

Taxpaying citizens take a backseat to those who can claim entitlements.

It's wrong, but that's what they do to you. No one will fight for you except yourself. Your government certainly will not and neither will the school that depends on the government to get its money, even thought that money comes from you - the taxpayer.

That is not true. Taxpaying citizens are not taking a backseat. The school in question underestimated their staffing in the wake of new circumstances. however, they now know and have to fix it.

No need to turn it in to a refugee issue in a foreign country or an 'entitlement' issue. Really not necessary.
edit on 10-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

I told i am not accepting what has been going on this week. My kid has right to have safe schoolday which means he has to have the help he needs, this assistant has been signed to his help and that is what she is suppose to be doing. I have contacted school about this and complained them putting kid in danger and reminded them of the agreement that has been signed. I surely hope they get to find their marbels before something serious happens.

edit on 10-12-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

I really understand your being upset, I would be too ....but I'm afraid that's

only the start ....

# Shortage of social housing for native people

# Overcrowded schools

# Lack of teacher attention for local children (language difficulties) with

the immigrant influx

# Hospitals unable to cope .....................................

You mistake this for twitter.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
........and this just so happened because....... refugees...

Seems contrived and an attempt at working up similarly minded folk...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yes, it is.

She is the citizen and taxpayer who has been paying into the system all her life, and she has the legal agreement from the school. They bring in the refugees and suddenly, her child who has a medical hardship that could be life-threatening is disadvantaged for the newcomers' needs to accommodate them.

Who really should have more claim on the system and its resources at this time?

If there is a present shortage, shouldn't the newcomers be the ones waiting until those needs can be supplied, not the one who has been there all along?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
........and this just so happened because....... refugees...

Seems contrived and an attempt at working up similarly minded folk...

That is indirectly true. The actual truth is the school not being competent enough to adjust and have their priorities straight.

Normally this could be mistaken for stirring the refugee pot, but the OP is upset and this is- as I like to say "A rant, not a science experiment."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join