It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can You Not See What's Happening? Now It's Beyond Ignorance. It's Pathological.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think one of the biggest issues has been brought up; eschewing truth and reality for feel-good rhetoric and "happy words."

This is the tactic used heavily by the left, but is by no means exclusive. Agenda 21/30 uses this to great effect as well. Its used to achieve the same goals as always, but under auspices which are difficult to argue. Who could be against "sustainability?" Who could be against "smart growth?" Who could be against "equality?"

Its highly deceitful and disingenuous. Even worse, it bypasses and minimizes actual, effective solutions to the problems at hand.

In reality the NWO is the same order as always, just far more blatantly tyrannical and openly totalitarian. However, the language used sets it up so that, if one opposes it, they are accused of being against everything from equal rights to the planet itself.

I'd say we actually do need a new world order, a new way of living and working together. But, perhaps intentionally, what that means to most people has nothing to do with progress, transparency, or improvement.

The individuals and social groups most in need of recognizing their complicity are also the least likely to do so. Not sure how to change that, other than getting the social manipulators and programmers to see the benefit of a different way. Most individuals are too invested in conflict with their 'opposition' to make any change themselves.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
It looks like it is becoming a cult classic. Not on Hulu or Netflix.

Looks like we are on our way.

Last century: Western nations lost an average 14 IQ points

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
MRuss:

It's really horrible watching what is happening around us and being unable to do anything about it.

Fact of the matter is, you are doing something about it. You are contributing, like each and everyone of us, to the way the world is today. Of course, each of us hate to think that we are somehow culpable to the way the world is today, but it is a fact, each of us are culpable.

There may be a time when each us think we see a solution or solutions, but what we are really saying, what we are really thinking is that others should review and change how they live, and make changes in their behaviour towards others.

Our human world is going to limp on for many decades to come, but what kind of world it will be as it transitions in phases towards the completed vision of those steering (in collusion with one another) their respective countries, no one truly knows, except that there is a consensus that it will be difficult. Globalisation is the centralisation of populations in each country all being made to co-work towards the same global vision of the few for which that vision, its agenda...is everything.

The only way globalisation and centralisation is going to slowed (it can't be stopped) is if people refuse to go along with it. It is a refusal that carries a high cost to one's own life and lifestyle. Seeing as how people are not going to give up their lifestyles and the dreams and ambitions they carry, the world will be steam-rolled into global centralised submission. It's almost complete, just a few more pieces are to fall into place and it will be fully established.

Others are dictating to you how your life is going to be, how your world is going to look and operate, and within that narrow constriction, the last remnants of freedom will be exercised.

As long as you play along, you'll be left alone to get on with your life as determined by others, and it will all be for the greater good of the greater number...all very pragmatic and utilitarian. Individuality will eventually meld into conformity, and merge with the adoption of principles you currently disagree with, but begin to accept as a necessity for survival.
There's no stopping it, because the people are too afraid, or too timid, or too self-concerned to commit to right action.
edit on 11/12/15 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What was so great about the "old world order" anyway? A civilization built on 0 human rights, complete disregard of nature and slavery... It all fell apart when those things started disappearing.

Of course i dont want an elite few to continue controlling the world in a "new"order, but imo the "NWO" wont be something new, why would the elite want to change something that is already working?

As someone stated earlier, we need to reassess our definition of the new/old world order... The common mans needs a new order of things.
edit on 12-12-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I always wonder. When americans talk about freedom and civil liberties... Throughout history there has always been americans whos civil liberties and freedon has been trampled on...

But its okay as long as you have freedom.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
Millions of people are beginning to see the bigger picture, to see how enslaved we are to events which we have no control over, and that are quickly spiraling out of control.

i had a friend try to tell me I was making up the new BRICS Bank (now called World Development Bank) as if it were refutable. How could he refute that which is?

But we're not at a tipping point--not yet. And it's beyond my own reckoning to understand why.

How can you overlook the breakdown of borders worldwide to progress the initiatives of Agenda 21? Have people even read Agenda 21?

How can you overlook the fact that the United States is now a plutocracy, where the elites make the decisions and the common man's opinions count very little?

How can you argue against the dumbing down of our population, the fact that most of the media is owned by a handful of corporations, that corporations like Monsanto are running the world?

How can you patently deny the obvious?

Even allowing for gun control and immigration--even beyond those things---how can you patently deny there is something sinister going on? What sort of pathological denial must one employ to carry on as if nothing is happening?

How can someone just sit there and let this great country go to pot? When every single day we are weakening this country in order to usher in this "new world," and people seem to be actually going along with it because they're too stupid too realize its even happening?

Noam Chompsky even said, "Americans don't know what's going on. But they don't even know that they don't know."

This is Noam---a prized liberal. If even he knows it, why doesn't anybody else?

I am just ready to give up some days.

It's really horrible watching what is happening around us and being unable to do anything about it.

God Bless Us All.

It is a very saddening realization and it echos on a global scale. I am not from the states yet I see american businesses crushing local markets and firmly planting their agenda here at the southern tip of Africa. When burger king arrived people stood in lines close to 500m long for weeks to get a taste of #ty processed foods. Wall mart has bought over local wholesale companies and they all fall under the same umbrella corporation. Everywhere I go I see ignorance and egos fueled by materialism and superficiality. Its very saddening to see a species with great potential and great thinkers being used as cattle and manipulated and forced to compete with one another. One of the greatest characteristics of humanity is compassion and its the very thing that helped us survive for so long. You still see it but its under the radar, under the mask of ''reality'' TV. There is always hope I suppose it is just a matter of how far we are willing to go to fight for what we believe in. Sitting behind computers and having discussions is a well and dandy but the real world is begging for a massive revolution. The reality lives will be lost but the question is are you willing to die for freedom or a closer concept thereof.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Indeed. And it's so much more than that, too. It's the whole world that is messed up. Just more signs of the times we live in.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: MRuss

Indeed. And it's so much more than that, too. It's the whole world that is messed up. Just more signs of the times we live in.

Indeed, because underneath that thin sheet of epidermis we really are all the same. We are afflicted with the same strengths and weaknesses.

Greed, selfishness, love, desire, pain, courage, fear, all the same emotions run through all of us. Our circumstances play a huge part in who we are, what we think or feel and how we respond.

We like to think we are different but most people respond the same way under the same circumstances, even if there is the person that deviates greatly from the norm, it will be because he had experiences prior to the event that were not shared by the others.

We can usually tell what a person thinks or feels by just walking a few seconds in their shoes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join