It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Its Orchestrators, Campaign to Attack Planned Parenthood More Legal Trouble Than It Was Worth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
For Its Orchestrators, Campaign to Attack Planned Parenthood More Legal Trouble Than It Was Worth

Let's ignore Trump for a bit and return to a controversy that was going on before he took center stage. The CMP videos "exposing" Planed Parenthood's "misdeeds".

For one, let's get this out of the way. None of those videos show any illegal activity. This has been proven again and again. Any states trying to defund PP end up getting sued and forced to reinstate funding.

There’s nothing illegal about fetal tissue donation programs. The law permits recouping reasonable costs associated with its transport, processing, preservation, quality control, and storage. And nothing in the videos demonstrated that Planned Parenthood was doing otherwise. But because they were heavily edited to make it look like Planned Parenthood officials are using the profits from fetal tissue to buy Lamborghinis and drink expensive wine—and because when it comes to abortion rights, sense and logic are often discarded in favor of inflammatory rhetoric—the videos immediately went viral. The hashtag #PPSellsBabyParts trended on Twitter for days. Lawmakers on a state and federal level rushed to attempt to defund Planned Parenthood, with senators most recently voting to do so last Thursday night as part of an Obamacare repeal. In addition, Planned Parenthood announced that it would no longer accept reimbursement for tissue donation.

As the scandal drags on, however, not a shred of evidence has been produced to suggest that Planned Parenthood broke any state or federal laws in connection with its fetal tissue donation programs.

None of the states that began investigations into Planned Parenthood have found any suggestion of nefarious activity. Federal lawmakers haven’t had much luck, either, despite multiple hearings conducted by different congressional committees. Though House Republicans announced in early October that they would be forming a Benghazi-like special committee to continue an investigation into Planned Parenthood, any possibility that the organization will be found to be in violation of policies regarding fetal tissue donation seems to be flickering out.

So now, let's move onto the good stuff. Legal actions against David Daleiden (who may at this time be regretting breaking the law to slander an organization he doesn't like).

What remains, then, are questions about whether or not David Daleiden himself and the organizations he created—CMP and BioMax Procurement Services, the fake tissue procurement company—broke federal and state laws in connection with their crusade against Planned Parenthood, and who coordinated with Daleiden to perpetrate this alleged fraud.

I'm so glad that we are finally getting around to addressing this elephant in the room. First, keep in mind that these stupid videos have been directly linked to an uptick in PP related violence (including the shooting in Colorado).

As outlined in painstaking detail in NAF’s complaint, these providers, many of whom are under constant threat of domestic anti-choice terrorism, often rely on NAF to maintain a shroud of secrecy over its meetings and events so that these providers can feel safe there.

The necessity for such security measures has become obvious in the wake of Daleiden’s scheming. According to NAF court filings, reported incidents of harassment against Planned Parenthood clinics increased ninefold in July, as compared to June. Reported incidents of harassment were even more numerous in August. And in late November, Robert Lewis Dear Jr. was arrested for killing three people and wounding nine others at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs. “No more baby parts,” is what he reportedly said when interviewed after his capture.

Indeed, in September, the FBI warned that there would be “an uptick in attacks on reproductive health care facilities.” As reported by CBS, investigators have tied that uptick directly to CMP’s smear campaign.

So what's going on with the lawsuit in California?

The most important information sought by NAF is probably the video recordings themselves, many of which were surreptitiously recorded at private NAF events in violation of the explicit nondisclosure agreement that CMP members were required to sign before they could gain entrance into NAF’s annual meetings in 2014 and 2015. The confidentiality agreements are one piece of an extensive security protocol that NAF put in place to protect attendees from anti-choice terrorism.

Daleiden and CMP maintain that the TRO and any preliminary injunction that the court might issue constitutes “prior restraint,” or pre-publication censorship, in violation of the First Amendment. Daleiden believes that the confidentiality agreement that he signed is invalid because in his mind, NAF is an accomplice in Planned Parenthood’s baby parts trafficking scheme.

NAF has countered, and thus far Judge Orrick seems to agree, that First Amendment rights can be waived by contract, which is exactly what Daleiden did. And considering that no federal or state agency has found Planned Parenthood guilty of anything, Daleiden’s continued insistence that he’s an investigative journalist on a crusade to expose the illegal sale of aborted fetal tissue has begun to ring rather hollow.

If the only reason NAF was suing CMP and Daleiden was to make sure that no more video footage containing NAF’s sensitive information is released, Daleiden might be able to rest easy. Although his exposé has fallen apart, leaving a trail of anti-choice violence and tragic destruction in its wake, he and his cohorts might have been able to escape any criminal and civil liability by choosing to not publish any more videos.

Yea. It gets better.

NAF wants to know exactly how Daleiden and CMP perpetrated the operation: who was involved, who infiltrated NAF’s meetings, who funded the project, and who received reports on CMP’s activities. Daleiden and CMP have been desperately trying to avoid providing that information to NAF, which raises questions about what they are trying to hide or who they are trying to protect.

CMP and Daleiden have tried several gambits in their attempts to thwart NAF’s effort to obtain discovery, including pleading the Fifth Amendment as a blanket objection to the information requests. Judge Orrick has swatted them down at every turn, ordering for them to release the information.

Yea, why does Daleiden keep pleading the fifth? It's obvious that he is hiding something that he doesn't want us to know, and the longer he delays the worse he's making things for himself.

Also contained in the testimony and documents that CMP and Daleiden have been fighting to keep secret are the names of Daleiden’s associates and accomplices—the individuals who infiltrated NAF’s annual meetings under false pretenses. That information may lead to more juicy revelations about which, if any, anti-choice politicians, front groups, or political action committees can be tied to CMP’s smear campaign.

Oh, I'm pretty sure there are Republican politicians involved with this illegal sting operation. They should go to jail too, or at least be impeached. They were CLEARLY trying to use this idiocy to gain political points. However this controversy spawned home grown extremists and just made everything worse.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I really hope this investigation ends with David Daleiden arrested for a LONG time. Heck, let's try to get some terrorism charges pinned on him for radicalizing people like Robert Lewis Dear. That'll put that asshole in his place. Instead of getting PP shutdown on trumped up charges, he'll be sitting in jail.
edit on 10-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

None of those videos show any illegal activity.

Just because an activity is legal doesn't make it right. I am glad he exposed the kind of horror that was going on at Planned Parenthood. It's macabre what they are doing...legally.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Not really. It's just standard medical science and medical development.

It's not like these videos are going to change the way fetal tissue research works or anything.
edit on 10-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not really. It's just standard medical science and medical development.

Does calling murder "standard medical science and medical development" helps you sleep at night?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I can hear crickets in this thread, where all the fake outrage people saying that pp was harvesting baby body parts, i guess there making up more lies in different threads.

Propaganda is a terrible tool, youd think in 2015 people would be smart enough to not fall for videos like the ones used to hurt PP

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Really murder, geez why not call it the most terrbile thingy eva done, by calling something murder does not make it so.

Ill give it a go,'so cause your against abortion, that means that you hate women and think you have the righT to tell them what to do.

Did i get it right.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

If you say so, my wife was wondering if you think she hates women too considering she's against abortion?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Oh my bad,'it only works when your doing it, i am also against abortion but as i say a whole lot,'an abortions is between a women and her doctor.

But thanks for sharing you opinion with us lol

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

What only works when I do it??

Is killing a life murder?

What does me being against murdering an innocent life have to do with not liking women?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
I can hear crickets in this thread, where all the fake outrage people saying that pp was harvesting baby body parts, i guess there making up more lies in different threads.

Propaganda is a terrible tool, youd think in 2015 people would be smart enough to not fall for videos like the ones used to hurt PP

They *are* harvesting baby body parts.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Good point. Planned Parenthood was doing everything legally, so there is no legal basis for shutting it down. This is why the movement to shut down its funding backfires in the courts.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Youd need proof for that, and theres no proof anywhere, thanks for coming by and not bringing anything as usual.
edit on 10-12-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I can call an orange an apple cause my opiom says it is so, so go ahead call it murder even if its not one.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The proof is in the videos where they admitted it.

Legal or not, it's repulsive.

The exposures were Damning.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ok thanks for coming by and not making sense as usual.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yes they are and that's a good thing. Whether you think abortion is murder or not, it's going to happen. If you make abortion illegal, it's still going to happen... women will do it themselves or go to someone who claims they can. You cannot save the life of an unwanted fetus, you can choose to stop interfering with the process of harvesting it's tissue so that the tissue can save the life of someone else.

Also feeling that something is wrong is never justification for murdering and bombing in hopes of scaring people away from doing it. That's terrorism.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
just thought I'd put a link to the original complaint for the relevant case. They do a good job of explaining why they saw these videos as being dangerous to their members, as well as outlining the various illegal activities that CMP are accused of being involved in to obtain them.

by the way, if abortion is murder, then bombing middle eastern cities into dust is mass murder....

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yea agin i say bring the proof, cause the guy who made the video is behing sued for libel and lying, but hey that wont stop you.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

We can do this all day, your feelings got hurt by videos that lie, if your ok with believing lies,'i cant help you there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join