It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VW Says Emissions Cheating started in 2005.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

WOLFSBURG, Germany — Volkswagen said on Thursday that its emissions cheating scandal began in 2005 with a decision to heavily promote diesel engines in the United States and a realization that those engines could not meet clean air standards. What followed was a textbook example of what happens when ambition combines with weak internal controls and ethical standards, the company acknowledged as it presented a preliminary report of its investigation into the origins of the scandal.

Some employees, the company found, chose to cheat on emissions tests rather than to curtail Volkswagen’s American campaign. “There was a tolerance for breaking the rules,” Hans-Dieter Pötsch, the chairman of Volkswagen’s supervisory board, said here on Thursday, at his first lengthy news conference since the emissions cheating came to light in September. “That is the hardest thing to accept,” he added.

A Volkswagen assembly line in Wolfsburg, Germany. Matthias Müller, the automaker's chief executive, will hold a news conference on Thursday.Volkswagen Terms One Emissions Problem Smaller Than Expected DEC. 9,2015. A Portable Emissions Measurement System, which looks at emissions in real driving conditions, testing a car.VW Argued for Easing New E.U. Tests on EmissionsDEC. 1, 2015 Workers leaving a Volkswagen factory in Wolfsburg, Germany, last month.Volkswagen, Offering Amnesty, Asks Workers to Come Forward on Emissions Cheating NOV. 12, 2015
At the news conference, which also included Matthias Müller, the Volkswagen chief executive, the company gave its most detailed explanation yet of what had led to the scandal. Mr. Pötsch said it was “the biggest test” in Volkswagen’s history.

LINK

A scandal and fraud that will be recorded in history. VW has showed us that they could care less concerning our health and more about company profits. Recently VW has also announced they will not be reimbursing any money to VW owners in Europe. Germany has always been held hostage by its large corporations and the fear they will leave to countries where workers are paid slave wages.

VW has grown too big for any country to control their illegal business. It is all about greed not quality.

edit on 10-12-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Yeah, that scandal was quite nasty in my opinion. Makes me wonder how more manifacturers could be cheating right now.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I own an 06 Jetta TDI... I thought I was in the clear, but I guess not! I love the mileage though (45-48 MPG every single tank)!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Must be squeeky bum time in the VW board room sales are down 20+ % this year and nobody in their right minds wants a vw engined vehicle now , which will include some Audi and Seat models and forecourts are filling up .

bet the insurance claims are rocketing

Burn it
bomb it or just leave your keys in the Car

but get rid off it pronto
edit on 10/12/2015 by stonerwilliam because: spelling s

www.autoexpress.co.uk...
edit on 10/12/2015 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Bought a VW 2015 polo, 3 cylinder engine.
Had the car 2 month when the drive chain broke.
I have heard on other forums that this is a design
problem.
The drive chains are ment to last 50k miles
my car had 15k on the clock.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 1KINGHUGO

Do you mean the timing belt?

This has been a notorious problem on VW diesels going back a few decades.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have my VW Polo 2003 . I wish I have money to buy new Polo because it is a very safe and good car.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Never liked the VW family of cars. A least now I have another reason

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
VW together with FCA will have to be dismantled. Chrysler back to the US and the italian abusers back to their cage!
Regarding VW, it is obvious that such a monopoly is not viable on 21st century market. Both need to be dismantled.

new topics

top topics

join