It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harrison Ford hits out at global inaction on climate change, warns of 'disastrous' consequences

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It certainly does allow for focus. We are not church goers in our house, but my mother and I have faith. Largely speaking, our Christmases were always humble, but this year will be another level down from that. We are not people of material, or wealth and never have been, but even the little I would normally do for my people is off the table this year.

I had to get my son something though... I have missed out on enough Christmas memories with the little fellow, and I do not want to fail him now that he and I are sharing history together, finally. If you met him, you would understand exactly what I mean.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh, we're not church goers either for all that our son goes to a Christian school (has the right curriculum). But we do a nightly devotion with our son as a family. What was it Jesus said? Something about where one or two believers are is a church? Yeah, that's sort of us.

We usually have a present or three for the kiddo, but the husband and I wait until later for ourselves, if ever. Our Christmas is the meal we all help fix.

Doing a traditional Christmas pudding this year. It's in my roots. My grandma used to make them occasionally, but no one seems to have the recipe, so I've been researching ... my goodness you lot know how to make them boozy! I found one that looks like a steamed pile of cognac and brandy.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I wonder what the carbon footprint, on the last production he took part in, was?

2nd.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TrueBrit

My grandma used to make them occasionally, but no one seems to have the recipe, so I've been researching ... my goodness you lot know how to make them boozy! I found one that looks like a steamed pile of cognac and brandy.

Hehe! Well, if you found one that looks like a steamed pile of cognac and brandy, then the chances are that it was made properly! If you ever find yourself spending the winter in Britain, you would understand why there is so much alcohol in the pudding. It means you spend less on central heating!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So if believing in the Science and listening to Scientists is jumping on the bandwagon, then ...I guess I jumped on the bandwagon. I've jumped on a few other bandwagons lately too....the believing in Evolution bandwagon, the believing in Gravity bandwagon, the believing NASA when they told us we went to the moon bandwagon, the earth is round Bandwagon as well. Just saying. I could be wrong, of course, but I'm siding with scientists over politicians on this one until we get more information. Politicians will lie about anything, scientists, most of them, deal with facts.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

So if believing in the Science and listening to Scientists is jumping on the bandwagon, then ...I guess I jumped on the bandwagon. I've jumped on a few other bandwagons lately too....the believing in Evolution bandwagon, the believing in Gravity bandwagon, the believing NASA when they told us we went to the moon bandwagon, the earth is round Bandwagon as well. Just saying. I could be wrong, of course, but I'm siding with scientists over politicians on this one until we get more information. Politicians will lie about anything, scientists, most of them, deal with facts.

Doesn't it concern you how deeply connected government and climate science has become? All of the main organizations that provide data to climate scientists are government funded. That doesn't throw up any red flags in your mind?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Good for you. I am on the same side as you on the others you mentioned, I just choose to hold out a bit as my own personal opinion (which may well be wrong) isn't the same as all other 97% of all the climate scientists in the world. I just don't think we have enough information to make a concrete decision on all this. I guess for some .00007% of study is plenty. And never forget, 58.8% of statistics used in threads like this are made up on the spot.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anosognosia

originally posted by: amazing

Doesn't it concern you how deeply connected government and climate science has become? All of the main organizations that provide data to climate scientists are government funded. That doesn't throw up any red flags in your mind?

But not all of them are. That's the thing. You can tie some guys in, sure. But what about all the private university science departments etc. Then you have to see how connected to big fossil fuel companies many of the scientists, for lack of a better word, against or debunking some of this Climate science are.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I didn't say climate scientists, but glad you brought that up. I was referring to the organizations that provide the actual data that climate scientists use to form their theories.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Harrison Ford is a expert on climate? well that's news to me.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Curious69

Harrison Ford is a expert on climate? well that's news to me.

Its why we named the dog Indi.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join