It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the first Nuclear test really in 1944?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I found this report on paranormalnews.com that tells of the possibility of nuclear tests/accidents in Russia before 1944. I was going to post this in the Science section, but upon reading further it seems that aliens are involved with this.

An Exerp:

[qoute]
Almost 100 years ago, a powerful NUCLEAR EXPLOSION happened in the Siberian wastelands of Russia! That very idea will disturb the conservative traditionalists. Atomic power before 1944 is not something you will read about in history books. Do not be so sure that your history books are correct.

The concept of an atomic blast in Tunguska of 1908 might be more believable if one considers that there were ANCIENT nuclear wars. This is another wild and crazy idea for the educators. But, there is one person who was very much an advocate of such a notion. That was J. Robert Oppenheimer; the Father of the Atomic Bomb.

During a college lecture, Oppenheimer was asked: �Was the atomic test at Alamagordo the first nuclear blast?� The student meant: Was there a U.S. program before Alamagordo? Oppenheimer answered: �Yes, in modern times.� The creator of the A-Bomb meant: Our atomic program was the first, not counting the ancient nuclear wars of the distant past.

Full story here:
www.paranormalnews.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Just about every scientist I can think of -- Russian or any other nationality -- now believes that the Tunguska blast was caused by a stony meteorite exploding at a few kilometers' altitude back in 1908.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The first atomic test was detonated by the United States at the Trinity site on July 16, 1945, with a yield approximately equivalent to 20 kilotons.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial

Almost 100 years ago, a powerful NUCLEAR EXPLOSION happened in the Siberian wastelands of Russia!

Hrrrm.

I'm gonna go with all those scientists who went to school for a long time in regards to Tunguska.
www.usm.maine.edu...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Wait a minute! I thought that was a UFO crash!
Would somebody please make my mind up once and for all?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well it certianly wasn't a nuclear bomb going off! Unless the Russian leaders had some perverse reason to let their country go through two devastating wars. Tunguska has pretty much universably been accepted the result of a comet striking the area. However there are those tesla enthusiasts who believe it was one of his wacky experiments gone wrong....doubtful IMO.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Just about every scientist I can think of -- Russian or any other nationality -- now believes that the Tunguska blast was caused by a stony meteorite exploding at a few kilometers' altitude back in 1908.

1944? 1908? Any other guesses?

OTS, I so want to ask you what natural process can make a stone, well, blow up like that. But I know I shouldn't start yakking about silicon-iron cross sections. Nobody is going to give shmokes like us the straight skinny on Tunguska- something waaaaaay weird happened there, and don't tell me it was all kinetic energy. The numbers don't add up.

That said, I don't think it was a test, unless this guy wasn't really in Canada at the time.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I believe the first nuclear test was really probably a few trillionths of a second after the Big Bang.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
actually, some scientists in Russia agree that it was extraterrestrial from what I've been reading. There have been many newspapers a couple years ago that stated this belief, some even american, but so far I've only found a russian newspaper article on it.

www.mosnews.com...

Keep in mind however, that the general consensus among scientists is that the event was caused by a comet/asteroid, not an extraterrestrial, and that the Russian scientists created a hoax. This doesn't exactly say much for the Russian scientists. Did any of you watch the eyewitness account on the history channel of a local man who said that he say a metallic craft arise from the explosion and continue upward into the sky?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
1944? 1908? Any other guesses?

WaRnInG this is a rense link....

6000 BC? LOL

Also, just found this. Looks kind of interesting.

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Seth76]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   
didnt Nikola Tesla test his 'death ray' on the 30th June 1908?

what was the day of the Tunguska meteorite?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
ancient weapons of mass destruction is an interesting subject

humans (homo sapians)
are roughly 180,000 years young

thats a long time era of humans having the capability of being equally as intelligent as us modern folks
they didnt have as much information, but they were equally intelligent

its interesting to think about it...

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Just about every scientist I can think of -- Russian or any other nationality -- now believes that the Tunguska blast was caused by a stony meteorite exploding at a few kilometers' altitude back in 1908

Not to mention, most respected UFOlogists even. Just yesterday, I was re-reading the UFO Casebook by Kevin Randle (decent book btw), and in it, he interviews Dr. Van Allen (as in Van Allen belts) about Tunguska. Van Allen states basically the same as above (but goes into far greater detail as in why), that this was a meteorite (or more likely cometary fragments) exploding in the air before impact.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Just about every scientist I can think of -- Russian or any other nationality -- now believes that the Tunguska blast was caused by a stony meteorite exploding at a few kilometers' altitude back in 1908

Not to mention, most respected UFOlogists even. Just yesterday, I was re-reading the UFO Casebook by Kevin Randle (decent book btw), and in it, he interviews Dr. Van Allen (as in Van Allen belts) about Tunguska. Van Allen states basically the same as above (but goes into far greater detail as in why), that this was a meteorite (or more likely cometary fragments) exploding in the air before impact.

Satan had some "redbeans and rice" in New Orleans. It was just a FART!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Satan had some "redbeans and rice" in New Orleans. It was just a FART!

Well, that would explain the sulphur residue....

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If it were a comet or "riod" where is the iridium residue?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Probably here...

But the current theory accepted by most astronomers and geologists is that it was in fact a meteor which caused Tunguska. What they believe is that the meteorite exploded while still in the air over Tunguska. The devastation on the surface was caused by the resulting detonation wave in the air. And there is a "smoking gun" of evidence for either a comet or meteor impact. Core samples were taken of the soil around the site, and high concentrations of iridium were found. Iridium is a rare element on Earth, but common in meteorites, asteroids and comets. There is no evidence for the "death ray."

[edit on 6-1-2005 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

join