It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 troops, including Americans to be deployed in W.Iraq

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I saw two days ago that western media mentioned that Russia are supporting fractions of the FSA. But Russia have not confirmed that, or given a reason yet?

Iran doesn't usually report on its military moves, but this provides a clue:

A number of senior Saudi figures also took part in the Riyadh meeting. Saudi Arabia is a main supporter of militant groups operating against the government of President Assad.

On Friday, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the “fate of Assad should be discussed by Syrians themselves, not Russia.”

“Now efforts are focused on drawing up the lists of who to recognize as terrorist organizations, who to consider moderate opposition which can and should be part of the political settlement... Disagreements among certain countries exist.

Positions are getting closer,” the Russian official said at a press conference in Moscow.

A source you can trust.

Russia is politely washing its hands of Assad by leaving it to the Syrian people, whose lives he destroyed. With the Alawites losing power, Iran will fall back and consolidate its gains in Iraq. As I have been predicting for a while, the endgame consist of "correcting" the Sykes-Picot borders. We will soon see a Sunni Syria, Kurdish Kurdistan, Sunni Iraq and Shi'ite "Mesopotamia" or "Assyria."

ETA: Note how Russian policy has gone from "all the opposition are terrorists" to "the moderate opposition should be a part of the political process." This means that when Putin fan boys cheer civilians being killed because they are all terrorists, bear in mind that maybe they really were the moderate opposition. Please adjust your rhetoric accordingly. Thank you.

edit on 12-12-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

“Now efforts are focused on drawing up the lists of who to recognize as terrorist organizations, who to consider moderate opposition which can and should be part of the political settlement... Disagreements among certain countries exist.

Who are the parties who descides who is who. And will it collabirate With the already proclaimed US moderate rebels?

If this is not made in collabiration With the US, The US will not Accept it.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Who are the parties who descides who is who. And will it collabirate With the already proclaimed US moderate rebels?

Russia. They are caving because they cannot win a war with Turkey and need to save face by appearing to be peace-makers. A bit late in the game but it's better late than never.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Russia. They are caving because they cannot win a war with Turkey and need to save face by appearing to be peace-makers. A bit late in the game but it's better late than never.

But according to the article you linked to the US vere not involved. That means Russia are going to Select their own FSA.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lspilot6946

If there were any real interest in getting rid of IS, the U S and other western powers would simply pull out of the region and let the leaders and citizens of these countries handle their problems themselves. By not doing so and continuing to "meddle" in the affairs of these countries, the U S is doing a very serious disservice to everyone living there.

This is what convences me that this is all a part of plans to contiue these faked up wars on terror as long as possible. It really is all about the oil and conquest of lands. Just like Viet Nam was about cornering the drug production in Southeast Asia.

I would hope the youth of the areas will wake up and refuse to participate in their own deaths and the distruction of their countries.
edit on 12-12-2015 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It's Putins only option to save face. He thought he would come in drop bombs and it would be over. I sis isnt an easy target they hide in the civilian population. And when your troops show up out comes the aks and rocket launchers. He's stuck in syria now and is now having resupply problems. This was only supposed to be a distraction so he could sneak out of ukraine. Without losing support at home only now he's created a bigger mess for Russia without an exit strategy.

He will back away from assad since the alowite minority can't maintain power Saudis will continue to throw money against him.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: lspilot6946

If there were any real interest in getting rid of IS, the U S and other western powers would simply pull out of the region and let the leaders and citizens of these countries handle their problems themselves. By not doing so and continuing to "meddle" in the affairs of these countries, the U S is doing a very serious disservice to everyone living there.

This is what convences me that this is all a part of plans to contiue these faked up wars on terror as long as possible. It really is all about the oil and conquest of lands. Just like Viet Nam was about cornering the drug production in Southeast Asia.

I would hope the youth of the areas will wake up and refuse to participate in their own deaths and the distruction of their countries.

Had the west not been providing air support Isis would already own syria. They cannot a mass a large force they have the numbers but won't dare group together for a major attack.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

But according to the article you linked to the US vere not involved. That means Russia are going to Select their own FSA.

No, it means Russia is acknowledging that the FSA is legitimate without looking like they are caving to the US. Of course the US will accept that. I think you keep making the mistake of thinking that the Russians are in a position of power.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

I agree. Unfortunately, American involvement in the region has not had anything to do with the actual state of affairs there for nearly a decade. American policies there are entirely dominated by domestic politics. That is why they seem so schizophrenic; there is no unified policy, only politicians trying to score cheap points off one another.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

No, it means Russia is acknowledging that the FSA is legitimate without looking like they are caving to the US. Of course the US will accept that. I think you keep making the mistake of thinking that the Russians are in a position of power.

Well i just got a update on this News. It might seam like it is FSA that have been in contact With Russia, and not the other way around. That is a big difference.

FSA have stepped forwared and said that they want to share intelligence twoards ISIS With Russia. This does not tell us that Russia have caved in at all. It actually might tell us that FSA have lost their confidence in the US support.

THis ads up With what the senetor McCain is arguing about here.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Well i just got a update on this News. It might seam like it is FSA that have been in contact With Russia, and not the other way around. That is a big difference.

How?

FSA have stepped forwared and said that they want to share intelligence twoards ISIS With Russia. This does not tell us that Russia have caved in at all. It actually might tell us that FSA have lost their confidence in the US support.

Russia does not negotiate with terrorists. They have done a 180. Besides, I thought you thought the FSA was really ISIS... or are you starting to do a 180 too?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

How?

I am going to see if i can find something for you.

Russia does not negotiate with terrorists. They have done a 180. Besides, I thought you thought the FSA was really ISIS... or are you starting to do a 180 too?

What i have been saying is that Russia are on Assads side. And that the US are on the FSA side.

WHat a lose this is for the US and Mc Cain if FSA have changed sides.....Dont you think..... LoL

I have said that the Russian have been targetting FSA and ISIS all the time, do to the fact that they both poste a threat to Russian interets in Syria.
To the Russians FSA and ISIS would make Equal targets, they borth have to be bombed, because they are both a opposition to Russian Interests.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

What i have been saying is that Russia are on Assads side. And that the US are on the FSA side.

And their willingness to talk to the FSA is a signal that they intend to drop Assad.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

And their willingness to talk to the FSA is a signal that they intend to drop Assad.

It could be... But that would only happen With Russian inflance. I dont think FSA would have much to bargen With against Russia. Russian interests would be intackt at the end of the Chain.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

So long as the Syrian people decide their next leader and as long as that choice is approved by Russia...

The irony...

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

So long as the Syrian people decide their next leader and as long as that choice is approved by Russia...

The irony...

Some don't get it .

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The irony...

The Irony is that you probably thought it would go Down differently.

This war is all about who controlls Syria. Dont get the idea it would be the Syrians (Syrian People).

Do you think the American People controll the US? No, they just live there and do exactly as they are told.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

No I am commenting on the pro russians who think a dictator is a legitimate ruler. I am making fun of the Russian government / pro Russians who keep saying the Syrian people must choose while restricting their choices to pro russian stooges.

The fact they don't see this, or are intentionally ignoring it, is just sad.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

No I am commenting on the pro russians who think a dictator is a legitimate ruler. I am making fun of the Russian government / pro Russians who keep saying the Syrian people must choose while restricting their choices to pro russian stooges.

The fact they don't see this, or are intentionally ignoring it, is just sad.

This is a fools game....you know. And it is the People who always end up being fooled.

The People never get to participate in negotiations of policy on a national level. Not even within a Democracy.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

If you are referring to Syria, they arent a democ4racy. If you are referring to the US, its not a democracy either. Its a constitutional representative republic.

Care to clarify your comment?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join