It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 troops, including Americans to be deployed in W.Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This, if correct, gives credence to the hysteria and fear mongering currently making its rounds. Americans are tired of war, whipping up a frenzy in the media garners support for this action.

The Saudi project and it's Wahhabist hijacking has led to countless imperial initiatives, and subsequently, led to an extremist gene present in that culture. Although somewhat suppressed for the sake of politik and modernization, ISIS is a reflection of the Saudi Monarch and it's puritanical movements.

Source

One dominant strand to the Saudi identity pertains directly to Muhammad ibn ʿAbd al-Wahhab (the founder of Wahhabism), and the use to which his radical, exclusionist puritanism was put by Ibn Saud. (The latter was then no more than a minor leader -- amongst many -- of continually sparring and raiding Bedouin tribes in the baking and desperately poor deserts of the Nejd.)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I could not agree more! Largely speaking, I measure a persons goodness and inherent worth, by whether or not they are foolish and ignorant enough to believe that they are capable of controlling anything other than their own conduct, or that they ought to be capable of such a thing. Those who know that controlling themselves is the only responsibility they have, tend to be worth more to me than those who are about controlling other things, and people.

a reply to: sosobad

Well precisely!

Just one of the things about this which make NO sense. One gets the impression that Saudi Arabia and Qatar sending troops is entirely useless, unless that comes with an internal effort to excise from their nations, those who funded significant portions of the IS war coffers. For that matter, it makes little sense to send in the US armed services, because the intelligence agencies of the US have had a hand in training and supplying many of the contributory groups whose members have been co-opted!

The whole thing smacks of arse covering and misdirection, and the plan of throwing huge numbers of troops at the problem? Talk about throwing people away!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I hope this plan doesn't spread to Canada

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Because the end game is and has always been Assad.

They are a little behind schedule but they are getting there. Yemen is currently being dealt with by the Saudis and Lebanon by Israel. Wait for the ramp up of "freeing" Iran after Syria falls. The only spanner in the works now is Russia, with them in Syria now it can lead to an all out hot war between the US and Russia, all it takes is a few "mistakes" to get it going.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Or Australia...

@TrueBrit:

I could not agree more! Largely speaking, I measure a persons goodness and inherent worth, by whether or not they are foolish and ignorant enough to believe that they are capable of controlling anything other than their own conduct, or that they ought to be capable of such a thing. Those who know that controlling themselves is the only responsibility they have, tend to be worth more to me than those who are about controlling other things, and people.

I guess you wouldn't like me very much then.
To be fair, I am uncomfortably aware that I have no real power over anything but myself, and even then my degree of control is questionable. I wish, however, that I had more. Perhaps I am simply megalomaniacal. Through mine own eyes*, we as a species have so much potential. So much potential, lost and squandered on pointless wars and petty internal quibbles. As I often think, "What could we do? What could we be? If only we tried."
Alas. War it would seem to be.

* Yes, that weird form of speech was intentional.
edit on 10/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

edit on 10/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Mysterious Reasons

edit on 10/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Irritatingly Mysterious Reasons

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Asad goes and Putin follows ; Russian Spring in the air .

Lot of people [muslims mostly] will die unfortunately .

Armageddon is on it's way .

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Personally, I think it's Ragnarok.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Time to purchase a submersible then.

It's not looking good, but the way many of my fellow countrymen declared the U.K Governments decision to start bombing in Syria, the absolute right thing to do, then maybe we need to cleanse the world?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Since we are hypothesizing, I don't believe this will lead to WW3 cause that would not serve anyone. First, will come the NWO of two governments, that will setup another friction that could lead to WW3. US and Russia, invading and controlling borders, oil (economies), with the banks second in command. The banks are the balance that will prevent WW3 because that will not serve them. When the "coalition" comes down to two major countries, the US and Russia, let's see where that leads.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: 23432

Personally, I think it's Ragnarok.

Still looking for the blind individual ; when found , Ragnarok only awaits for Bosphorous to dry out .

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lspilot6946

If I may...a relevant song, from my favorite band, written during Bush II. As is typical with their lyrics (and any good art), the meanings are applicable to more than just our political "Good Squad", but, as in the 2000's still (unfortunately) eminently relevant today.

When asked if this song was written as a love letter to the current (Bush) administration, singer/songwriter Roger Clyne responds cryptically, "It could be." But it could also be about your own administration, he says. Everybody's got one and typically everybody's administration has let them down at one point, or tried to push for things that required no pushing.

Goon Squad, by Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers

Too little true, too many lie
Not enough laugh, too many cry
Too many low, not enough high
Who let the goon squad in?

Too many stare, not enough see
Not enough stand, too many flee
Too many slave, not enough free

Whoa!!
Why you tryin' to kick in an open door?
Whoa!!
Do we have to see it again now, we've seen it before
We turn the other cheek
and take it on the chin now

So many riches, too many poor
Too many generals stabbin' flags in a foreign shore
New season, new reason, same ol' war …now

There is no more beautiful World

Don't take flight, they can't give chase,
I'll not run in your master race
Too much crude, not enough grace

There is no more beautiful World

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Could this be the beginning end times for one of the oldest city's on the planet ( Damascus ) Putin hinted about nukes and so the saying goes you don't take a knife to a gun fight ...Uncle Sam heard and understands ...I am glad a lot of the refugees have got out but am praying for those staying ....Rock and a hard place ,I guess .

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What's all this bickering over McCain?
HE isn't able to mobilize troops at all.
THE moron in the White house uses Valerie for THAT job she tells her client what to do.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

It all depends on what your definition of 'IS" is...
I don't understand either, other than war is a means to an end.. and financially it makes the elite warlords richer.. and keeps our soldiers busy...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The politician said the plan was announced to the Iraqi government during a visit by US Senator John McCain.

That creep is going to get us all killed.

McCain and Obama have been in lock step on foreign policy since day 1. They both are CIA guys so that makes sense.

As to the question, why are they pushing ww3 so hard, I dont get it. Id like to know why. What is so goddammed important that they are doing everything to instigate ww3 while trying to cajole the american public into supporting it?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Sounds like typical Russian propaganda based on the fact they are citing McCain, who has no authority over the US military, coupled with the US telling the Iraq government we are going to ignore there concerns. Not to mention the creative title editing, which for now I will assume its because the entire title won't fit. The edit makes it sound like 100k US troops when the article doesnt even say that.

Finally the source for the propaganda is, like all russian propaganda articles, unknown / not named.

If Russia is so right and the west so wrong why does Russia and pro Russians here lie / manipulate / omit information on such a continual basis? One would think Russian media would have a basic understanding of the US government and who can issue orders to the military. Russian media lies so much I think they are starting to believe their own lies, creating confusion for Russians.

edit on 10-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The scalpel must be used, because the hammer already failed.

But didn't you know? When all you have is a hammer, then every problem begins to look like a nail.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
McCain and Obama have been in lock step on foreign policy since day 1. They both are CIA guys so that makes sense.

Uhm no...

McCain is a hawk. Obama wouldn't be able to stand erect if it weren't for the starch in his shirt. So no, they aren't in lockstep. I know you guys are used to RT but feel free to support your CIA claims.

Its not enough to lob the accusation - support it.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The Guardian did report on this back in November:
John McCain and Lindsey Graham call for 20,000 troops in Syria and Iraq

McCain, chairman of the Senate armed services committee and Graham told reporters during a visit to Baghdad that US personnel could provide logistical and intelligence support to a proposed 100,000-strong force from Sunni Arab countries like Egypt, Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Graham said special forces would also be included.

The oil economy left behind by Saddam Hussain went in the hands of ISIS and the imperials want their reward back!
I am surprised how everyone wants to get into Iraq now. It is unfortunate that Iraq time and again finds itself in a situation similar to gang-rape.
edit on 10/12/2015 by MisterKay because: ...?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I would imagine most American are happy with this action. When the body bags start arriving there will be a call for more destruction to be deal out.

I bet McCain and Graham even get some new pom-poms to use in their cheer leading efforts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join