It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Causes Your Government Doesn't Want You To Know About

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It came to my attention in a recent thread( Link ) that there is a lack of knowledge here on ATS with the basics of the most influential aspect on our climate. It's not surprising considering that almost every major environmental organization refuses to acknowledge it's existence.

We are all familiar with rising CO2 levels and with COP21 going on right now in Paris, I figured now would be a good time to bring it up.

The major factor in climate change today is the livestock agriculture industry.

If we truly want to tackle climate change, we need to address the elephant in the room that environmental organizations, governments, and climate scientists for some reason refuse to talk about.

The basics:

- Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions
- Methane is 25-100 times more destructive than CO2 on a 20 year time frame
- Methane has a global warming potential 86 times that of CO2 on a 20 year time frame
- Livestock is responsible for 65% of all human related emissions of nitrous oxide, which has 296 times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide, and stays in the atmosphere for 150 years.
- 1-2 acres of Rain Forest are cleared every second, and animal agriculture is responsible for 91% of Amazon Destruction.

This list goes on and on. If our governments/environmental organizations/climate scientists truly wanted to stop AGW, they would address this issue. Since they are not, it is obvious they have a specific agenda tied to CO2 emissions.

Here are a few articles regarding this topic for you to read if you so choose.

Livestock and climate change - Worldwatch Institute

Tackling Climate Change Through Livestock - Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN

Livestock's Long Shadow - Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN

Global Greenhouse Gas Emissions Data - EPA

Improved Attribution of Climate Forcing to Emissions - Sciencemag

edit on 9-12-2015 by Anosognosia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Anosognosia

Op, did someone just watch the cowspiracy?

//edit
I must say when I was visiting the golden triangle (thailand, laos, cambodia) area the spiced/seasoned bugs weren't that bad.

-FBB
edit on 9-12-2015 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

No, but this seemed to be the best way to combat the CO2 AGW agenda.

Rather than fight twisted statistics, talking about this seems more civil.

Great documentary though!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So we give Gas-X to the cows and problem solved?

Sorry for the bad joke I know is a serious problem

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So we're again trying to prove the climate bs by blaming this on the cows!
How on earth did the earth survive when billions of dinosaurs were puffing out huge gas clouds and leaving mountainous poops all over the place???

What a load of cow crap!
edit on 9-12-2015 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Hehe. I think the first step is to just acknowledge what the real factors of climate change are.

Amazingly, some of the people on ATS who seem to comment on every single Climate Change thread, seemed to have no idea this element even existed.

Once we come to terms with the realities of the situation, then we can start to fix it.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
So we're again trying to prove the climate bs blaming this on the cows!
How on earth did the earth survive when billions of dinosaurs were puffing out huge gas clouds and leaving mountainous poops all over the place???

What a load of cow crap!

Hold on a second! I don't believe in the current climate change rhetoric at all!

I posted this to show that the government really doesn't care about climate change. If they did they would talk about this issue rather than CO2 emissions!

If anything, this gives you great ammunition when arguing against climate extremists. So don't hate on me bro!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anosognosia

No, but this seemed to be the best way to combat the CO2 AGW agenda.

Rather than fight twisted statistics, talking about this seems more civil.

Great documentary though!

Its okay, I passionately hate the narrator, but much of the science actually checks out so I linked to it for you.

Personally, I think that this area is not addressed because it is something which spans across all ideologies (except vegans and vergetarians I suppose) and wouldn't allow for the divisive approach being utilized currently.

Right now the general 'global call to action' is fighting exclusively for solutions which also coincide with much of what they have wanted historically anyway. If the fossil fuel industry is not there to stand as a monolithic enemy a large portion of the activist groups wouldn't be as motivated.

The claim of "saving the world" doesn't work as well when you are telling people to stop eating things they think taste delicious. There isn't a figurehead that can be targeted for profiting off of evil (like oil and coal) when the product being produced comes in such direct contact with people.

You have a better chance of making people go cold turkey on all the drugs in the world.

Its a nice thought though.

-FBB

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

"Greenpeace" was directly responsible for the banning of DDT that caused the death by malaria of tens of millions of children.

Not a reputable source for anything

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Spot on!

I appreciate your analysis of the situation and agree 100%

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

"Greenpeace" was directly responsible for the banning of DDT that caused the death by malaria of tens of millions of children.

Not a reputable source for anything

I agree more than you know. The Greenpeace link was from another ATS thread where it seemed nobody knew this climate change element existed.

In that thread I state that Greenpeace is a joke multiple times.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

What a load of cow crap!

Maybe that giant load of dinosaur crap is exactly what killed the dinosaurs.
Maybe our sht will hit the fan.

They should create some kind of global tax on bacon, to combat climate change.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ah I was talking about making this a post a few days ago and you beat me to it!

Partially, I'm still surprised no one's been addressing this issue given that the climate change talks have been going on in Paris recently; public discourse still seems to revolve around fossil fuel emissions as the number 1 cause.

I must say, I was shocked by the information I learned from Cowspiracy - especially that all the environmental groups aren't talking about it at all. The producers of the documentary have a great website to visit and check the facts that they posted, with even a handy infographic to condense the info.

After watching, I seriously had to reflect on my values as one for the environment and human sustainability, and so, I reasoned one of the only ways I can stay true and also be an activist is to change my diet (to vegetarian at least). By doing this I can actively challenge the status quo, the norm of society and provoke questions. Changing one's diet to a plant-based one, is not only merciful for the millions of animals that are slaughtered, but also, healthwise beneficial and subversive to the interests of animal factory farming and their associates. The more and more this becomes talked about and critically analysed, the more initiatives we'll see challenging and exposing the poisonous underbelly of the meat industry and promoting sustainable food alternatives.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anosognosia

So we're again trying to prove the climate bs blaming this on the cows!

What a load of cow crap!

Hold on a second! I don't believe in the current climate change rhetoric at all!

I posted this to show that the government really doesn't care about climate change. If they did they would talk about this issue rather than CO2 emissions!

If anything, this gives you great ammunition when arguing against climate extremists. So don't hate on me bro!

But your op is full of words like this

The major factor in climate change today is the livestock agriculture industry.

If we truly want to tackle climate change

I do not believe there's any man made climate change, all there is is varying weather patterns, same as there's always been.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat

What a load of cow crap!

Nope! The Dino's were getting along splendidly, until something nasty fell out of the sky.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat

What a load of cow crap!

No no no!

No more taxes...especially not on bacon!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Excellent OP!

It is one of the major reasons I do not believe in the benevolence of the global warming pushers.

It is quite obvious that the barbaric act of factory farming is detrimental on all levels. They pump these poor animals with GMO crops which causes many health issues for the animals, leading to the people who eat them.

Add to that, the GMO agribusiness, saturate our soil with toxicity and again, not a word from the global warming community.

S&F for you!
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmWednesday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I agree that natural cycles have the biggest influence on climate change, but there are positive aspects to acknowledging these environmental issues whether you are a total skeptic or a climate alarmist.

The main point of this thread was to try and keep both sides of the issue happy, and to point out that our governments don't give a crap about Climate Change.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
Excellent OP with one of the major reasons I do not believe in the benevolence of the global warming pushers.

It is quite obvious that the barbaric act of factory farming is detrimental on all levels. They pump these poor animals with GMO crops which causes many health issues for the animals, leading to the people who eat them.

Add to that, the GMO agribusiness, saturate our soil with toxicity and again, not a word from the global warming community.

S&F for you!

TY! I think if we can focus on this aspect of climate change, we can expose the hidden agendas, and at the same time actually help the environment.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

But it seems the government does try to do something about livestock related methane

www.epa.gov...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join