It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims Fail to Prove Islam is a Religion of Peace in Debate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

originally posted by: hubrisinxs
A lack of true central authority is dangerous for an ideology, a good example of this can be seen in a modernist country like Indonesia where a whole province voted to go under Shari'a law. In other religions there are moderate mainstream authorities that speak out against such traditionalism.

As there are in Islam. Personally, I don't agree with the need for a central authority for religions, and can only see it as a dangerous precedent- for example, a worldwide caliphate (i.e. a central authority for all Islam) is what ISIL and the like seek.

Ideologies cause people to act, and in this is the case with Islamic radicalism. I will not try to pretend I know what is in the minds of most Muslims(radical or moderate), but with a large concentration of the population in impoverished and war-torn parts of the world, I would find it hard to believe that radical promises are not listened to by even the most modern and moderate of minds. I want to point out that I do not think this is totally Islams fault, nor do I think that a reform of Islam will solve the world's problems. The actions of the top 1% have to be contained and controlled before the world could ever really talk about peace.

That's an interesting thesis, but I'm not sure exactly how true it is. The problem with these radical ideologies is that the very first victims are other muslims, so they almost never have widespread support, EVEN in war-torn or impoverished parts of the world where they may agree with said radical groups in their opinions on western imperialism/interventionalism.

I am sure there are some moderate organizations that do speak out, but they seem a smaller minority than the radical ones who have "hijacked the moderate's religion".

But they're not. Like I said earlier in this thread (or it may have been another thread, my memory is fuzzy, and I'm too lazy to check), there are thousands upon thousands of organisations that speak out against these radicals. It is just that "Muslims speak out against radicals" probably isn't as interesting a news story, or sells as many copies as "ISIL DOES ANOTHER BAD THING!", and it probably goes against the image the media is trying to build up.

I'm glad you enjoyed our discussions.

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence
A muslim Proves it!!!
LGcjAeILmLw

Another Muslim Proves it..
A case for and against ISIS

The Messenger of Allaah said:
“The worst people in the Sight of Allah is the one who kills someone other than the person who committed the murder.”
[Saheeh – “Musnad Ahmad”, 16033 – “Al-Mustadrak Ala Sahihayn”, 8097 – “Sunan Al-Daruqutni”, 2771 – “Sunan Al-Kubra”, 14610 – “Al-Mu’jam Al-Kabir”, 17978 – “Ibn Hiban”, 13/341]
edit on 20-12-2015 by logical7 because: ..

edit on 20-12-2015 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join