It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large quantity of cellphones bought raises red flags, Lebanon police notify the FBI

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
I think the question should be:

What's the waiting period when you want to buy a propane tank?

Should we require licensing and training for people buying propane tanks?

I feel we need 'common sense' solutions to this possible propane tank problems. Maybe president Obama can sign an executive order

The difference is that propane tanks are specifically designed to not explode. They make for a pretty poor bomb. Ammonium nitrate plus diesel fuel is a more powerful explosive (that's what most IED's are made from) as well as being cheaper.

It's much more likely that the propane tanks were taken for drug dealing. The tanks make an ideal storage mechanism to transport chemicals used in making meth.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
So we have people buying 150 cellphones and we think there is a possibility they are stealing propane? Any one else see the goofiness in that?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
First it was the guns they wanted to take from the people, then it was the pre-paid cell phones, then...

And everytime the "rulers" staged something including "muslims" and "terror", because people were made highly sensitive when it comes to these terms. If they heared muslim, gas tank and pre paid cell phones, guess what they thought first? Not that maybe all that was staged to go for the next thing that "rulers" don´t want to see on citizens.
No, sure people thought, without really thinking about it, that it must be an active "muslim terror attack", because they were trained since 9/11 to think so. Trained to hate muslim people. To mistrust all of them.

So the rulers only had to use the term muslim in conjunction with anything that could maybe make people think that a terror attack could happen, to install their newest rules. And nobody protested when people lost their freedom, bit by bit. "Rulers" perfected to rule with anxiety, mass media was used for it.
Later they went not only for muslims, but for anybody that had the wrong thoughts. Thoughts that weren´t compatible with the rulers view.

They sent their "Police" to raid peoples houses, they began to kill people day by day, even innocent people. They terrorized old people, women, childs, everyone was beaten up for almost nothing, tazered, and yes, even killed. Nobody felt secure anymore seeing a police car rolling down the street. Day by day. But people were silent, only worked, paid taxes, tried to do nothing wrong, not to think the wrong thoughts.

Then the riots started... and we are lucky to sit here in this cave at a fire. Lucky, because i can tell you how it all began...

Which "muslim terrorist" that wants to start a terror attack around the corner, the next several hours or days, goes to buy 60 pre paid phones at once, all at the same Walmart???
Maybe to NOT attract sb.'s attention, in these times nowadays???
Come on!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Well this is getting interesting!

12/9 The picture below was taken in Miami Fl (from facebok post)

hopefully they also got a picture of the plates? and ..seeing something like this, wouldn't you immediately alert FBI ?
I'm surprised at how many people are explaining the purchases and thefts away like it's nothing. Resale and drug deals..Seriously? The timing of everything going down is a bit toooo coincidental. Obviously, I hope you all are right but ..c'mon

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No, like I posted before. It is the same as the truck that did not explode in Times Square...or one hell of a dirty bomb.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It seems very fishy that all of those cell phones were purchased in bulk and in the middle of the night......then all of those propane tanks went missing.

If it were one or two tanks, that would be one thing. But many were stolen. What if, theoretically-speaking, they were to take all of those tanks and put them in a large tractor trailer, full of all kinds of fun things like dynamite, radioactive material, etc, etc and drive it somewhere and blow it to kingdom-come?

Cell phones can be used to blow up things. ISIS even used one in a recent execution video. But that many????? Wouldn't it take just one?

I smell a terrorist attack, possibly multiple ones, with all these missing tanks and cell phones. Especially if they are to be used with other things we don't even know about.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

That first link is 2 months old. The second one is using that information simply to push its anti-Muslim agenda.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I think this is normal.

I remember walking in a dealership about 3 years ago and buying a new car. The entire process took almost a month because apparently having enough money to buy the things you want is suspicious.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
]a reply to: visitedbythem
a reply to: [post=20141329]charlyv[/post

If you tried to mix acetylene or propane with oxygen in a container... boom ! , no spark needed. Oxygen only mixes with the fuel in the torch head.

not true, if it is it's only at a certain percentage, here's proof notice the balloon is filled with a mixture of acetylene and oxygen no explosion until he ignites it. also notice he doesn't give the percentage rate.

ETA: acetylene is very unstable and when compressed is never under high pressure. when it is, it will as i was told in school "violently decompose when in a pure state above 15 psi".

There are few industries in the US that would mix pure oxygen with any fuel in an enclosed container. It is not just the danger of a spark, but contaminants in the process can cause auto-ignition.

Mixing 100% oxygen with flamable materials can cause rapid oxidation

edit on 15-12-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am having a very hard time understanding how people can respond so nonchalantly about something THIS suspicious? I guess it wouldn't be a big deal if an explosive device went off next to you or someone you love?? These people are intent on killing us all, yet we sit here and argue amongst ourselves about trivial details.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
just resellers... buy low and sell high

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: smitastrophe
I am having a very hard time understanding how people can respond so nonchalantly about something THIS suspicious? I guess it wouldn't be a big deal if an explosive device went off next to you or someone you love?? These people are intent on killing us all, yet we sit here and argue amongst ourselves about trivial details.

In this quandary about where, what and how, we certainly do not have much hard evidence and details to go on.

Sometimes, the assembly of what would seem trivial details, can collectively produce information that could perhaps make a difference.

I sincerely wish for everyone's safety, as I am sure most of us here on ATS do as well.

edit on 15-12-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Propane tanks are used as bombs daily by Syrian rebels via the "hell cannon" a homemade howitzer capable of firing a mile or so. From the pictures I've seen it looks very simple to convert a l.p. tank.. I can't add a link with this device but Google hellcannon and or wiki homemade weapons of the Syrian rebels..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join