It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Game of the Year Award 2015

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Fallout 4. About 90 hours of playing so far, and my only gripe is the removal of weapon and armor degradation. I have Witcher 3 on my Christmas wish list, so I'm definitely aware of its presence.

Yeah takes out the need for scavenging for guns and armor, leaving it feel less like you can be killed at any moment. I do like what they've done regarding the settlements though. Maybe Fallout 5 will have it all, my god the game is only out a month and I'm looking forward to the next one

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom pain.

First game i have played that felt truly next gen.

right now however i am also really enjoying Rise of the Tomb Raider, more of a guilty pleasure these days though i think than a serious game of the year contender.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I picked it up, and havent put it down yet. I love flying in the X wing.
The controls are really dumbed down for a DICE game. So its nice for guys like me who sucked at flying outside of the Air superiority mode.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: gortex

What do you think of Starwars Battlefront? I can't make up my mind.

probably the worst game of the year when the amount of hype around it is taken into account....

What makes this game even worse is how they have been cashing in on Star Wars fans by selling us half a game and expecting us to pay for it twice to get the whole game.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Come on Man its not the worst game of the year, the mechanics are however rather simplified. Playing on a 50" TV truth be told its rather stunning. I do agree its dam well half a game through, bloody well hate paid DLC!

As to your choice of Metal Gear, thats a dam good game!

edit on 10-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Lemmee see...

My gaming laptop died in May. Not that I played much on it other than Kerbal Space Program.
I'd been trying to save up for an Xbox One. There's one in my girlfriend's closet Fallout 4 edition. My Christmas present accidentally stumbled upon while putting her clothes away. I haven't told her I know. I plan on picking up Witcher 3 as soon as I can open it and act surprised. I won't need another game until South Park: The Fractured, but Whole comes out.

In other words, best game I played was the full version of Kerbal Space Program this year, but that might change during the last week of this year

edit on 10-12-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I agree its not the worst game of the year technically, actually as far as graphics go its probably the best.

My issue is that its overall quite bland other than the graphics, there is no single player, lack weapons, lack of maps and that DLC.

Yes i agree there is no way its the worst game of the year but I think that it should have been much much better than it was.

Then again I suppose with all the cut content you could say the same about MGS5

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

PS4 has arguably an advantage of speed and better gfx over the XBox One. Great price right now. Suppose its all down to choice though.

Love Kerbal Space Program.

edit on 10-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Yeah...I know. Since I made the switch from ps2 to 360, I can't comfortably hold a ps controller in my big manhands. Little graphics differences and what not make little difference to me. I can appreciate where others enjoy ps4 better, but it's not my thing personally. Also, the backwards compatility function and easily added and cheap off the shelf external hard drive function sold me.

And yes...Kerbal Rocks!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

That's true, suppose backward compatibility will materialise at some point on PS4. Hopefully that is, just a lot harder to emulate the PS3 architecture. I kind of also think you seem to get better choice of free games on XBox Live than PS Plus imho.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The two games I enjoyed playing the most this year are probably my nominations, but other games I played could easily be up there, Batman is a bit of an obsession to me, so I have to mention Arkham knight, take that tank # out and I really did love the game, if you're a Batman fan, you know what i'm talking about.

Another quick mention is Mad Max, nobody seems to talk about it, but it was a great game, car combat was spot on, loved the upgrade system, has similar fighting mechanics to the Arkham series, it was just enjoyable.

My two game of the year games though, are Dying Light and The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt .. I could not put these down, I never expected much from Dying Light, but I was hooked, the tense feeling and rush I got when the sun set and you were chased into hiding was pure fun, the whole game was just pure fun.

SPOILER AHEAD

The Witcher 3, a lot of people are agreeing, and it did win at TGA, so all I'm gonna say is this ... I had sex on a Unicorn

Wow .. what a game!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

My avatar might have something to say about this...But I'm gonna break his heart and say the Witcher 3. I'm sorry buddy.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
GotY 2015 already? I'm sorry to say I must be living in the past because I have yet to get off Skyrim.

I have Pillars of Eternity on PC and both Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 for the Xbox. The thing about PoE is that I got tired of micro managing my party. I've heard there have been some AI adjustments in subsequent patches so maybe I'll give it another look. Witcher seemed pretty cool but I never really got into role playing just one character. I haven't really messed with Fallout as I just picked it up but I think that's the one I might focus on next.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My gaming rig died on me early this spring and I have yet to save the money to assemble my new one.

So, I am stuck playing my older games.

Currently working my way through Jade Empire.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Really want Fallout 4

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Its actually pretty hard to tell. But I got to go with bloodborne, simply because I actually beat the game and the action in it is still satisfying even though I do think the souls series do it better in many ways.

Though games like the witcher 3 does have a better story, I got more then half way into the game and just lost interest. The combat in the game is sort of lacking in some ways, but other then that ya it a really good game and I would have said it would have been the best game of the year if they refined the combat a little. There are a few other games, like the new metal gear game. That to was lacking for me, could not hold my interest, even though it to is a good game, I may beat it some time though.

As for fallout 4, I have not played it yet, but it just seems like a bit of an upgraded fallout 3 to me, and not even much more then that. But I am sure that its a great game also for what it is. As for other games like Black ops 3, and others such games, there merely just something to blow some time but nothing all that special if at all, even though in there own right they to are good games.

Ultimately though I got to go with bloodborne simply because the gameplay was fun, and the vibe and atmosphere of the world kept me interested enough to actually beat and go through the whole game. Were as the other games I played this year did not, and I either lost interest half way, or got close to the end and just didn't bother.

edit on 7amTuesdayam152015f2amTue, 15 Dec 2015 07:26:37 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Hotline Miami 2, best story in the history of games

Yea.. If you're on acid.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
So what's yours and why ?

Spin the Bottle.

And if I need to explain why there is an obvious reason that you are all playing video games.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The witcher 3 for graphics, music, story, drm free AND Fallout 4 for the gameplay and endless possibilities with modding!

The witcher 3 is luckster in the open world / character possibilities because it is based and focused in a book. I cannot wait for cyberpunk.
edit on 26-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Spin the Bottle.

And if I need to explain why there is an obvious reason that you are all playing video games.

You don't have to explain why , your comment makes it clear you don't play or understand video games.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join