It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESO Tamriel Unlimited Free weekend.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just a heads up that Elder Scrolls Online is having a free weekend. You will need a code for it and you can get one Here

Warning, the download is 80 Gig, so it will take awhile.

There is also a million dollars going to one randomly selected player that logs in to play during the event!

Might cya online!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I could use a small loan of a million dollars.

Perhaps I will log in my DK.

Hows the expansion, the xbox controller work well now?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I haven't played it yet! I watched some you tube video's of the game play and I was drooling! Meh, been years since I played WOW as an addict, it just might be time to crawl out from under my rock!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
For me, Elder Scrolls is a single player experience. I was also a WoW addict lol. I had a lvl 70 of each class (hated endgame). Have you tried Star Wars: The Old Republic? It was actually really fun, and had the best crafting system imo.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
At the rate my Steam games download (under 400kbps), the weekend will be over before the dl is finished . HA HA AHA

I loved Skyrim; I imagine a MMO like this is different in many ways though.
I have never played an MMO, and wonder what kind of connection speed is necessitated to do so.

ESO has caught my eye, since it appears now to be non subscription based. I thought that was a poor model.
This promotion will appeal to those such as myself, who lost interest with a monthly pay to play.

edit on 9-12-2015 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Don't use Steam.

Just go to elderscrollsonline and do it from there!

edit on 9-12-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
For me, Elder Scrolls is a single player experience. I was also a WoW addict lol. I had a lvl 70 of each class (hated endgame). Have you tried Star Wars: The Old Republic? It was actually really fun, and had the best crafting system imo.

Yea I did. I liked it, but towards the end I lost interest before the end game stuff even happened. I guess I was guild shy from the PTSD of guild trauma in WOW! lol

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I hear ya. I was guildless as well. That's ok for me though, whenever I reached max lvl with a char, I would roll another. I liked leveling, it was more fun than end game for me.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Fallout 4 is a better option if you want a game more like Skyrim.

ESO giving a free weekend says to me that the MMO market is over saturated with cookie cutters of new WOW MMO model. Guild Wars 2 really did a lot to change the landscape for MMO's, and IMHO it did a lot of negative things.

MMO's use to be about time well spent, now they are all going pay to win.

So, I think I will stick to Fallout 4 and wait for ES 6 and the new FFVII remake.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs
Fallout 4 is a better option if you want a game more like Skyrim.

ESO giving a free weekend says to me that the MMO market is over saturated with cookie cutters of new WOW MMO model. Guild Wars 2 really did a lot to change the landscape for MMO's, and IMHO it did a lot of negative things.

MMO's use to be about time well spent, now they are all going pay to win.

So, I think I will stick to Fallout 4 and wait for ES 6 and the new FFVII remake.

I downloaded the ESO Beta and it took forever, by time it finished it was already Sunday night. It was fun, but when they announced it would be pay to play it kind of drove me away from it.

And that is what happened to ESO, also, it wasn't what a lot of people wanted, people didn't really want an online ES, they simply wanted to play together with other people in the same room, use your own characters on say Skyrim and adventure around through a closed LAN network or something.
But MMO's have become way to over simplified and try all sorts of gimmicks and ways to make the experience easier, a perfect example is WoW, a once diverse and thriving adventure around every corner turned into a game where you rush everywhere and everything is a race. It had an unfortunate down fall, and the people who are still playing don't understand fully how much better the game was back then and why a lot of people left. And it pretty much had nothing to do with WoD.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Just a heads up that Elder Scrolls Online is having a free weekend. You will need a code for it and you can get one Here

Warning, the download is 80 Gig, so it will take awhile.

There is also a million dollars going to one randomly selected player that logs in to play during the event!

Might cya online!
I got an email for this too, I think its a scam though.

Look at the email address after you hit reply.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hubrisinxs

They're doing this to get more people to buy the Orsinium DLC that came out last month and the Black Marsh DLC that's coming out soon. The eliminated the subscription fees earlier this year, which generated a lot of new purchases of the game, now it's all about increasing the number of players making in-game purchases of Crowns and DLC.

I own it on the Xbone, but I've played all of maybe a half an hour worth of actual gameplay. For some reason my agoraphobia has always kept me from enjoying MMO style games.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Says my pw wrong, reset pw, still wrong. Can't get support through their website because I can't log in and they think their almighty FAQ is a solver of all things....

Not like it was the best MMO ever or anything...

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You should have reset your password to the correct one, I'd say.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I own a PS4 and play ESO and DC Universe, both are free, but without a subscription your characters are severely hindered.

Based on community size, game activity of friends who play and trends in video games I would say the FPS is king with games like Call of Duty 3, Destiny and Star Wars Battlefront.

Free weekend means they don't feel the current community will put forth enough to support the DLC, and that fear extends from the fact that MMO's are not drawing the crowds. The pay to win strat is taking over all games, but the MMO's seem to go well beyond reasonable.

top topics

join